ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header pic Return to archive
June 3rd, 2005 05:19 AM
blackandblue Ian looks a bit like Jay Leno.
June 3rd, 2005 05:53 AM
IanBillen [quote]blackandblue wrote:
Ian looks a bit like Jay Leno.

________________________________________________________________________________
You mean Jay Leno looks a bit like Ian!...

Ian
June 3rd, 2005 08:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...and now you can see the back of Mick's sweater
June 3rd, 2005 09:35 AM
blackandblue But who is the guy with the moustache?
June 3rd, 2005 09:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As you can see in the text below the header pic is Giorgio Moroder, I can't believe he attended those sessions as he has never been a rocker.

http://www.giorgiomorodergallery.com/

June 3rd, 2005 09:57 AM
Maxlugar [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
As you can see in the text below the header pic is Giorgio Moroder, I can't believe he attended those sessions as he has never been a rocker.

Probably because Keith was busy over sleeping a session for the hundredth time. Thank God for Mick.

I do believe that was the debut of Charlie's Concentration Camp look, no?

June 3rd, 2005 10:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl he was the owner of Musicland Studios at the time that's why he attended the sessions
June 3rd, 2005 10:01 AM
blackandblue
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
As you can see in the text below the header pic is Giorgio Moroder, I can't believe he attended those sessions as he has never been a rocker.

http://www.giorgiomorodergallery.com/

This explains it:

quote Moroder:

"We really just thought of 'Love To Love You, Baby' as a bit of fun," he says. "At one point I'd suggested doing a sexy song, almost like the Serge Gainsbourg hit 'Je T'aime', and one afternoon Donna came to the office and said she'd come up with the title 'Love To Love You, Baby'. That sounded good to me. Back then I had a studio in the basement of my Munich apartment building, called Music Land -- which later became famous when acts such as The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and Elton John used it -- and it happened to be empty that afternoon, so I went straight down there and composed the song. Then, a day or two later, Donna came in and we did a very rough demo.

June 3rd, 2005 10:18 AM
Maxlugar [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
he was the owner of Musicland Studios at the time that's why he attended the sessions

Yeah but you don't see Colonel Sanders coming out and deep frying the chicken do you?

Damn Keith!

June 3rd, 2005 10:24 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I do believe that was the debut of Charlie's Concentration Camp look, no?

well,going by the date (November 1973) that would be the IORR sessions

Charlie's skinhead look wasnt until '75 at the earliest.

He manages to look even scarier than Keith on the cover of "Black and Blue"

June 3rd, 2005 10:55 AM
magicwoman
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Ian looks a bit like Jay Leno.

yes he did
agreed!
June 3rd, 2005 11:11 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Gazza wrote:

Charlie's skinhead look wasnt until '75 at the earliest.

He manages to look even scarier than Keith on the cover of "Black and Blue"

He looks a little fuzzy in that pic but to me he looks looks very short cropped right there.

He had the long hair for the '73 tour just months earlier.
June 3rd, 2005 02:06 PM
gotdablouse These 1973 pictures are really amazing, and I don't remember seeing them before.
June 4th, 2005 11:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
Thanks Nico

Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder

© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)