ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: geldof Return to archive
June 2nd, 2005 06:19 PM
Stray Cat UK I think live aid was a genuine one -off reaction to a world emergency.

This is different.
The simple truth is that aid will never work,whilst we tolerate totally corrupt leaders like Mugaby and his ilk bleeding these countries dry.

Will the likes of Bono or Geldof approve of the action needed to remove these tyrants - I DON'T THINK SO.

They will blindly object to anything that may be dirty as the idiot "celebraties" who protested over Iraq did.

The G 8 / LIVE 8 protest will be hyjacked by the anti capitalist mob as usual .
I hope no one is considering letting their kids bunk off school to attend the march. It could be a blood bath.

THE STONES DON'T DO CHARITY OR POLITICS UNLESS THERE'S SOMETHING IN IT FOR THEM.

IMHO.
June 2nd, 2005 06:21 PM
Stray Cat UK I was supposed to post this as a reply to the "should they play G8" thread -sorry!
June 2nd, 2005 06:23 PM
mac_daddy

June 2nd, 2005 06:40 PM
Back Street Girl I'm sorry,but Geldof is a wanker.
June 3rd, 2005 01:31 AM
Hannalee On the contrary, Geldof's a realist as well as a genuinely compassionate man.
June 3rd, 2005 04:07 AM
blackandblue I don't like him either.
June 3rd, 2005 04:14 AM
FotiniD I don't have an opinion on Geldof really, but I don't think we should re-start the whole politic conversation on Iraq, war and all.

've been there, and it doesn't lead us anywhere.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)