ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lack of Second Shows? Return to archive
June 2nd, 2005 09:32 AM
gimmekeef Ticket sales have been available for a few weeks now.Despite most cities selling fast there has been what I would call an unusual delay in announcing second shows.(ala U2/Springsteen).Are the local promoters scared off by Cohls huge demands for guarantees and dont want to risk a partial sell out for 2nd shows? Or are the connections between the ticket brokers and Cohl telling him there are many tickets to "sold out" shows not yet sold to ultimate concert attendees?.This delay and the gaps of 4-5 days in some places on the schedule just seems strange.
June 2nd, 2005 11:24 AM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Or are the connections between the ticket brokers and Cohl telling him there are many tickets to "sold out" shows not yet sold to ultimate concert attendees?.This delay and the gaps of 4-5 days in some places on the schedule just seems strange.

Gimmekeef be thinking too much ..........

Joey " IKE " Turner ( He ... ' Got Game ' .... and you ?!?! )™
June 2nd, 2005 11:52 AM
gimmekeef Joey..maybe thats why my head is hurting!
June 2nd, 2005 12:33 PM
GimmeExile I'm hoping that the second shows for MCI Center and Wachovia Center will be in January rather than back to back in October. I think it would help ticket sales to stretch them out, building demand and allowing fans to replenish their cashflow.
June 2nd, 2005 12:51 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
[...]
Are the local promoters scared off by Cohls huge demands for guarantees and dont want to risk a partial sell out for 2nd shows? Or are the connections between the ticket brokers and[...]

This Cohl son of a bitch is the problem. That's why they still haven't scheduled Downunder yet, nor added another brazilian date, instead of just that lousy rumored Beach Concert (the venue of this particular date is still rumored, as nobody knows for sure where it's going to take place).
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
June 2nd, 2005 01:06 PM
Martha My Columbus show is fookin' GONE.

Mutherfookin' *POOF*

Cohl needs to be tarred and feathered immediately!
June 2nd, 2005 02:02 PM
Joey
" Cohl needs to be tarred and feathered immediately! "

Agreed !

This is MOST disturbing .

Sassy Cakes ! ™
June 4th, 2005 10:03 AM
Martha I am VERY disturbed.

Joey..............I need some nuzzling!
June 4th, 2005 03:14 PM
crb69 M S G

Will the NYC tickets go onsale already please! I can't take it anymore!

Got to have tickets...I feel left out here without the guarantee that I'm truely goin'...Again.

Stones Rule!

June 4th, 2005 08:02 PM
kath doug said on sdb that mick isn't supposed to play back-to-backs because of the problems he had with his voice last time around. better to not schedule a show at all rather than have to cancel it the day before or day of because mick can't make a sound....
June 4th, 2005 08:15 PM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:
My Columbus show is fookin' GONE.

Mutherfookin' *POOF*

Cohl needs to be tarred and feathered immediately!

Gone? As in sold out or now unscheduled? Come to Hershey!
June 4th, 2005 08:16 PM
glencar
quote:
kath wrote:
doug said on sdb that mick isn't supposed to play back-to-backs because of the problems he had with his voice last time around. better to not schedule a show at all rather than have to cancel it the day before or day of because mick can't make a sound....

Yes, the cancellation of the first Twickenham show was quite a drag. We didn't ahve tix luckily but were hoping to buy some off whatever they call scalpers in England.
June 4th, 2005 09:46 PM
kath yeah, i know of a LOT of people who ended up eating a LOT of money because of cancelled shows, either mick's throat or SARS. i mean, when you're travelling to another country to go to a show, the probability is that you had to spend big bucks/make major arrangements/time off work/whatever to be able to do that. and then to get to china and find out the show is cancelled. or to london. for whatever reason, you just bit it. really awful thing to happen. so maybe we should be glad they're taking mick's throat into consideration. of course, they could also be just fuckin' with us.....
June 4th, 2005 11:16 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:
I am VERY disturbed.

Joey..............I need some nuzzling!

As usual, glencar and I are in complete agreement. Come to Hershey!

Come to the C10 reunion at my place the night before the concert too!!! Joey can pick you up on his way in from Nebraska.
June 5th, 2005 09:01 AM
glencar You know, other than your psychotic views in politics, you & I DO agree about many things. But I have a feeling you're secretly enjoying wallowing in the "misery" that the Bush admin has put you under.
June 5th, 2005 10:52 AM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:

Gone? As in sold out or now unscheduled? Come to Hershey!

As in VANISHED from the txbastard line-up after it being there from the start.
June 5th, 2005 12:01 PM
kath shit martha...that really bites!!!
June 5th, 2005 05:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot Martha...I got one word for ya.

Hershey.

Didja hear? We havin' a party. You be invited. I know you know how to get here. Just do it.
June 5th, 2005 07:16 PM
kath and send me some chocolate!!!
June 6th, 2005 01:15 AM
Poplar
god i wish i could do Hershey.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)