ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New album info on RS.com - video link Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 31st, 2005 02:04 PM
Monkey Woman The Stones talk about the new album on RS.com in the Virtual Ticket area.

http://www.rollingstones.com/virtualticket/index.php

Keith says that he suggested to Mick to do record at his house in France, even though Mick wasn't very hot on it at first. But it seemed to work well. You can hear in the background first "Ventilator Blues" then a bit of what seem to be a new song. There's also footage of them working together!
May 31st, 2005 02:12 PM
Madafaka Member's Only. Anyway, thank you for the info!
May 31st, 2005 02:24 PM
Dutch Michael D. it's realy sad that only those F*cking members can watch these video's, i wanna see the making of the new album TOO !!! after all, i'm a great fan too, i buyed all their albums and their stuff, i paid more then 100 dollars every tour to see my greatest band playing, i already paid them 100000000 dollars, and now i don't even get to see how MY band recording the NEW album !!!! i'm angry !!!! and i'm not the only one !!!
May 31st, 2005 02:42 PM
BrotherM I agree its friggin silly ...Keiths space is now open to everyone!!! I mean hey they have enuff money & hell yes they have alot of loyal fans and some with hardly a dime to their name...come on guys Open the Gates!!!!
[Edited by BrotherM]
May 31st, 2005 02:44 PM
Jumacfly thanks MW..how does this new song sounds ?
May 31st, 2005 02:45 PM
gimmekeef Maybe next tour when tix are at $600 each then maybe the website will be free....Its a waste of time..been there..done that....the videos are 3-4 minutes just full of hype.Wish they'd spend the time finishing the damn thing!
May 31st, 2005 02:46 PM
Monkey Woman To be honest, I didn't pay $100 to get into the VT. Someone posted on Shidoobee the passcodes they got when they bought tickets and offered them to other fans. I think that was very thoughtful of him. One of these codes got me into the VT! If I remember correctly, somebody did the same here too a few times, and on other boards too. That's one of the great things with groups like RO, Shidoobee et al., the sharing and help between fans.
May 31st, 2005 02:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm in now and can't see the video (my connection is 512 MB) too much traffic maybe.

But anyway the place does NOT worth $100.00 USD just to be there and watch a few videos some well-known pictures, etc, there's much more information in fans websites and they all are free.
May 31st, 2005 03:02 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Since my audio is fucked up, can someone post the text of this video?
May 31st, 2005 03:11 PM
Monkey Woman More about the video, for those who couldn't enter the VT...

Keith tells that he wrote songs with Mick in Fourchette (Mick big country house in France, which has a home studio) during 2-weeks sessions in June then November 2004. That's how he popped the idea to record the album at Mick's house, just like EOMS where the Stones recorded at Keith's house in France. He says (with a mischievous glint in the eye): "It's your turn, pal!"

Mick's home is "very nice, comfortable", according to Charlie, and they had a "very good room" to work in. He also stress how Mick and Keith got on well together. Ronnie says: "They're like that!" - holding his hand, two fingers twined together.

Mick tells about his custom writing songs and doing demos on his own before taking them to the Stones. But this time Keith and him worked together. He said Keith played a lot of bass, and himself took the drums because Charlie (then fighting cancer) couldn't be there. Mick shows he's impressed at Keith's bassplaying but downplays his own ability on the drums: "With technology I can be quite good but without it I'm not!" all the while smiling and chuckling.

Keith's take on their songwriting sessions: "It's really like that: him on a chair with an acoustic guitar, me on the couch with another, and we say 'Have you got something?' 'It goes like that...' And we can add a bit on the top."

Keith seems very pleased with himself and the Stones. He's smiling and radiates pleasure and affection. Mick too shows feeling, like emotion overwhelming him when recollecting the songwriting and recording with the Stones.

Ronnie sounds very happy too, he says what a relief it is to him and Charlie that the Glimmer Twins really get on well. He says that when he and Charlie are there, Mick and Keith rarely go much together (implying that Mick spends time with Charlie and him with Keith maybe).

Regarding the new songs, Keith acknowledge that it was time to do another studio album because "with the Licks tour, we were able to live on the preserve"! Not that he was sorry with it, of course, it enabled them to put their songs in the mainstream again.

Ronnie compares the album with The Who, "the original punk", and that this time the Stones are "influenced by themselves and by the punk".

After "Ventilator Blues", we hear in the background another rare song, "Indian Girl" (and not at first a new song as I surmised).

In the end, we see the Stones together in a kind of studio room, maybe the one in Fourchette or the rehearsal for Julliard School on May 10th maybe. Mick shows Ronnie how to play the guitar part of "Oh No Not You Again". Then all the Stones together play the intro. End of the video, more to come soon I hope...

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
May 31st, 2005 03:31 PM
blackandblue All this happiness (quote: Keith seems very pleased with himself and the Stones. Mick too shows feeling, like emotion overwhelming him when recollecting the songwriting and recording with the Stones. Ronnie sounds very happy too. unquote) means we will get no raw blues songs on the forthcoming album. It makes me suspicious.
May 31st, 2005 06:17 PM
Some Guy [quote]Monkey Woman wrote:
Ronnie compares the album with The Who, "the original punk", and that this time the Stones are "influenced by themselves and by the punk".

What does this mean?

May 31st, 2005 07:47 PM
Tom That means "Some Girls"
May 31st, 2005 09:55 PM
Soldatti Thanks for the details MW!
May 31st, 2005 10:12 PM
Bob Tamp Help me... Im falling for the pre-hype bullshit again.
May 31st, 2005 10:47 PM
T&A I think Woody was only talking about the particular song with its stop/start riff - not the entire album being derivative of the Who. The song that the band (studio) starts playing as the video ends sounds a little bit like When the Whip Comes Down.
May 31st, 2005 11:10 PM
corgi37 Those wishing for a raw blues cd are just living in dream land. Its 2005, not 1965.

Maybe some b-sides or bonus tracks on singles (are singles important anymore?) will be blues, like cook cook blues and fancy man blues.

Keith is more likely to do Cole Porter than Robert Johnson these days.

And, i am sure Mick is sick to damn death of those old blues songs. Ok to rehears to. Ok to tune up to.

Not ok to put on a modern record.
June 1st, 2005 02:01 AM
maumau "All this happiness (quote: Keith seems very pleased with himself and the Stones. Mick too shows feeling, like emotion overwhelming him when recollecting the songwriting and recording with the Stones. Ronnie sounds very happy too. unquote) means we will get no raw blues songs on the forthcoming album. It makes me suspicious."

...?

though i would agree with you that "raw blues songs" are very unlikely to be on the new record i can't understand the point of being suspicious "because they seems happy"

can you imagine them giving an interview like: "Oh well, mmmf, aah yesss, the new album, well...next question"
??

at the end of the video, the intro of ONNYA (i guess it is that song) played in the studio by the whole band sounds veeeery somegirlsish and classic stones

about ronnie and the "punk connection" i think first he is speaking about ONNYA and its structure (he mumbles the first chords) then he kind of make a general statement that i think (fear) it is just hype.

"Stones being influenced by themselves" nice way to put it

"and by original punk like the who" i think ronnie is historically right here

let's just hope it is not all hype

then we would have raw songs, even if they're not blues

the sound of the band at the end of the video is allright with me, very much
June 1st, 2005 02:59 AM
Soldatti I signed a free acount on Rollingstones.com with a passcode in the Got a Ticket section.
https://signup.rollingstones.com/index.php?module=Signup&page=SignupPage1b

You can see all the videos with this membership plus many other FREE stuff during a year.
We need to spread passcodes to all the guys here, every ticket has 4 codes...
June 1st, 2005 03:15 AM
maumau good point, instead of complaining about rs subscription fee ask ticket holders to share codes!
June 1st, 2005 03:22 AM
Dutch Michael D. so... Give us the codes
June 1st, 2005 04:00 AM
IanBillen [quote]Dutch Michael D. wrote:
so... Give us the codes

Yeah. How bout em?

******Another point. It is ABOUT FU*#^%ng time Mick and Keith tried to write together in unison as they used to.*********

A few songs you come up with here and there on your own is plenty fine but to have that a basis for a Stones album will
take away from the solidity of the Stones tracks.

This is why Bridges sounds a little seperated in terms of song-writing. You can tell which ones are Micks tunes and which ones are Keiths.

Voodoo was more together as a unit.

I think this time/Hope this time they really tried to do it together to see what they came up with like they used to.

Anyway that's what the buzz is.

Ian
June 1st, 2005 05:24 AM
maumau as far as i know only a few people here or on shidobee has posted the codes given for their tickets

i was lucky to get one of those

maybe some more sharing will be nice
June 1st, 2005 08:09 AM
luxury1 I have three more passcodes to share. Just PM me.
June 1st, 2005 08:12 AM
luxury1 And I dont know about getting TOO excited yet, about a cohesive album--Mick was quick to point out that he still brought "his" songs to the table, to have Keith put his part on it...
June 1st, 2005 09:14 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
[...]

You can hear in the background first "Ventilator Blues" then a bit of what seem to be a new song.
[...]

I bloody hope that Ventilator Blues was part of their inspiration. If they are able to come up with something similar to that masterpiece, it will make me enough happy and positive about the new album.

Make it raw, dirty, mean, nasty boys!
June 1st, 2005 09:48 AM
Madafaka
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I have three more passcodes to share. Just PM me.

PM sent Lux, thank you in advance
June 1st, 2005 09:55 AM
gimmekeef Try these codes folks:
RS-00386160-yfnbpmct-TM
RS-00386160-qxwsmuqr-TM
RS-00386160-kvptyinu-TM
RS-00386160-zvznrjyk-TM

Good Luck......
June 1st, 2005 10:07 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Try these codes folks:
RS-00386160-yfnbpmct-TM
RS-00386160-qxwsmuqr-TM
RS-00386160-kvptyinu-TM
RS-00386160-zvznrjyk-TM

Good Luck......

In order to log in, they ask for username and password. Where I should fill any of these codes?
TIA
June 1st, 2005 10:10 AM
Madafaka
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Try these codes folks:
RS-00386160-yfnbpmct-TM
RS-00386160-qxwsmuqr-TM
RS-00386160-kvptyinu-TM
RS-00386160-zvznrjyk-TM

Good Luck......

I've registered with the first one. Thank you very much!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)