ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't Beliebe The Truth Return to archive
May 31st, 2005 11:49 AM
Honky Tonk Man I bought the new Oasis album today and It's excellent. It has to be they're best effort since What's The Story Morning Glory.

What makes it great in my opinion is that all four members have contributed to the song writing and it's really is a better record for it. I think Noel Gallagher has struggled to carry the weight since '97.

As usual, they've worn they're influence on they're sleeves, but I don't think this is a bad thing. They admit to it and it gives them more freedom with just getting down to writing cracking tunes. The key culprits on this, they're sixth studio album is the following...

Lyla (Street Fighting Man)

Mucky Fingers (Velvet Undergrounds I'm Waiting For My Man)

Keep The Dream Alive (The Beatles. This song has shades of George Harrison’s If I needed Someone)

Part Of The Queue (The Stranglers, Golden Brown)

So, unless the odd borrowed riff or melody bothers you that much, this is an album well worth checking out. It’s Oasis back on top form and Liam at his snarling best.
May 31st, 2005 11:56 AM
Joey [quote]Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I bought the new Oasis album today and It's excellent. It has to be they're best effort since What's The Story Morning Glory. "

Two Words :

Zak Starkey !

http://www.kathyszaksite.com/oasis20053.html

May 31st, 2005 01:11 PM
Jair I agree, it's an excellent work, likely better than What's The Story Morning Glory.
May 31st, 2005 09:48 PM
Soldatti It's a great album, I heard it today at work and I was impressed.
June 1st, 2005 09:13 AM
Zeeta Yeah it actually awesome - I almost hate to admit!

Yes Honky it is a good mix of songs and Liam's done pretty good at writing as well!

I've had the album for about 2 weeks now (don't mean to boast!!) and it keeps on gettin better with listens.

They are also performing live well also. Went to see them at Hammersmith last weekend. Great gig - I was actually sittin next to the Appletons (Liam's bird) in the crowd! LOL! Got some good photos!
June 1st, 2005 04:15 PM
Honky Tonk Man There are some real typical Oasis flag waving anthems on this album. I absolutely adore Let There Be Love.

It's defiantly they're best effort since What's The Story, but lets face it, as good as this album is, It's not 1995 anymore and Oasis no longer hold the music loving Brits in the palm of their hands anymore.
June 1st, 2005 10:07 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
It's not 1995 anymore and Oasis no longer hold the music loving Brits in the palm of their hands anymore.

Why this sentence reminds me at the Stones post 1972 or 1981?
June 2nd, 2005 08:12 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Why this sentence reminds me at the Stones post 1972 or 1981?

Well Soldatti, you’re right to be reminded. The Stones "Golden Era" was over by the mid-70's. The swinging sixties were long goner and they were no longer teenage heartthrobs.

It's the same now for Oasis. They ruled the mid 1990's UK music scene and no matter how good Don't Believe The Truth Is, those days are gone for good. Another couple of albums and Oasis will be a nostalgia act like the Stones. Many would argue that Oasis have reached that point already.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)