ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: getmetickets Return to archive
May 27th, 2005 02:02 PM
ipstan After being ripped off by getmetickets.net
I have set up a complaints forum.
It would be interesting to see how many people have had a bad experience with this company.
No joining required.just post

http://getmeticketsnet.proboards38.com/index.cgi
May 27th, 2005 02:17 PM
gimmekeef Anyone that deals with brokers/scalpers needs to know their wide open to be ripped off......Scum of the earth..wish we could ban them from here
May 27th, 2005 04:02 PM
ipstan Yes but if you are desperate to get a ticket.you would pay over the odds.
I already have tickets for the night after.and in Paris.but I thought tickets would be hard to get hold of.
So like an idiot I paid over the odds.
May 27th, 2005 04:08 PM
glencar Ipstan, I very nearly used a ticket broker back in '02 for a show & luckily I balked at the price. Later on, the ticket broker went belly up.
May 27th, 2005 04:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
ipstan wrote:
Yes but if you are desperate to get a ticket.you would pay over the odds.
I already have tickets for the night after.and in Paris.but I thought tickets would be hard to get hold of.
So like an idiot I paid over the odds.

uh...let me get this right...you paid a crazy amount of money for tickets for a show in PARIS in summer 2006 because you were desperate, when the dates for the European tour wont be announced or confirmed for at least six months yet and didnt find the offer a bit suspicious ?

I'm not trying to sound like a smartarse and I hope you get your money back, but I find it hard to believe anyone can be desperate for tickets to a non existent show a year away
[Edited by Gazza]
May 27th, 2005 04:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Anyone that deals with brokers/scalpers needs to know their wide open to be ripped off......Scum of the earth..wish we could ban them from here

not really a question of banning them from this site, because they're out there and people are going to use them. Its more relevant to alert people to be wary of them
May 27th, 2005 04:40 PM
gimmekeef I know Gazza..but the bastards just get my dander up...
May 27th, 2005 04:44 PM
Gazza and mine

Just as much as the bastards who provide them with tickets to begin with

[Edited by Gazza]
May 27th, 2005 05:14 PM
Dan Gazza, I got FOS tickets for the gig in Belfast next year! Rolling STones/Bruce Springsteen/Bob Dylan! Only 123,456.78!
May 27th, 2005 05:45 PM
Gazza on the same bill?

which venue??
May 27th, 2005 06:04 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
on the same bill?

Of course!

quote:

which venue??

I'll let you know when they build it!
May 27th, 2005 06:16 PM
Gazza aha...you saw that it was a trick question!
May 27th, 2005 06:28 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
aha...you saw that it was a trick question!

I have the date though - June 31st!
May 27th, 2005 06:48 PM
ipstan
quote:
Gazza wrote:

uh...let me get this right...you paid a crazy amount of money for tickets for a show in PARIS in summer 2006 because you were desperate, when the dates for the European tour wont be announced or confirmed for at least six months yet and didnt find the offer a bit suspicious ?

No I paid nprmal price for Paris.
It was for tonight the 27th.that i paid a crazy price
That was to see Springsteen.I just want people here to now about the company.as I also go to the Stones concerts.and don't want anyone here falling for the same trick.
Sorry if I confused people
[Edited by ipstan]
May 27th, 2005 06:59 PM
Gazza Ok..gotcha.

However how do you know you paid a 'normal' price for Paris when the shows are months away from even being announced and a venue decided upon?

There was another UK based site called krystalboxoffice which advertised in the press lately tickets for the Bruce Albert Hall shows a few weeks before they were confirmed and they were looking around £500 for a ticket. They also were taking bookings for two Stones shows at Wembley on two back to back nights in June 2006 (which wont happen)and were looking £150 for a general admission ticket and seats up to £300 each.

Utter madness.

Springsteen RAH tickets were in plentiful supply on e-bay over the last few days for both nights. Its not an ideal situation either but much more reliable than ticket brokers and such scam artists. I got Dublin tickets there at the start of the week for just over face value, although I ended up getting good seats for free through a press contact at the last minute and was able to re-sell them to other fans
May 27th, 2005 07:10 PM
ipstan I booked the Paris tickets from the official site.I got them the day they went on sale.for the 20th june 2005.
I only used the getmetickets. as I thought tickets would be very hard to come by.
but I was very lucky as the official ticket agents.had a ticket drop that lasted 10 mins.
And I managed to get 2 tickets for the 28th may.
May 27th, 2005 08:45 PM
Angiegirl If some of your periods are actually commas, I maybe -MAY BE- sort of understanding your posts. Not sure though. Paris, you mean Springsteen? Still don't get it, oh well... Good luck anyway!
May 27th, 2005 09:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
ipstan wrote:
I booked the Paris tickets from the official site.I got them the day they went on sale.for the 20th june 2005.
I only used the getmetickets. as I thought tickets would be very hard to come by.
but I was very lucky as the official ticket agents.had a ticket drop that lasted 10 mins.
And I managed to get 2 tickets for the 28th may.

oh I see. Springsteen in Paris, not the Stones. Assumed it was one of these brokers who (like the example I quoted above) announced tickets for shows that hadnt even been confirmed. Just that you didnt say it was Bruce, so on a Stones site I assumed you meant the Stones!
May 28th, 2005 12:58 PM
JaggerLips Don't buy anything from sites that aren't respectable and of course well known!

I too thought you bought Stones tickets for a Paris gig next year, when that hasn't even been announced on RollingStones.com!!

Some matters you have to go with what your head says and not what your heart tells you.
May 30th, 2005 05:29 AM
ipstan Sorry for the mis-understanding
But I know how hard it is for you guys.to get tickets at times.
I have heard people from abroad.have been caught out by this ticket agent.and they might not know how bad they are
June 1st, 2005 07:23 PM
ipstan After getting in touch with the trading standards office.
Getmetickets refunded my money in full.
and the tsa are now looking into the company
June 1st, 2005 09:20 PM
Gazza glad to hear that on both fronts
June 2nd, 2005 10:49 AM
ipstan It turns out somebody reported the forum.that I had set up
maybe because I used the name getmetickets in the title.
So I am in the process of setting up another one.to keep people informed about good/bad ticket agents

http://ticketagents.proboards40.com/index.cgi
[Edited by ipstan]
June 2nd, 2005 10:56 AM
gimmekeef Ipstan..dont take it personally..but IMHO there are no "good" ticket agents to be found....scourge of the industry..
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)