ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brown Sugar Rehearsal Up on RS.COM Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 27th, 2005 06:38 AM
Nellcote Great Gitars, raw energy.
Yes, it is WICKED PISSA!
86 Days from Fenway Openah..
ROOSTAH, 86'd again!!!
May 27th, 2005 07:18 AM
Steel Wheels This is a great version. Them guitars are up front and they are getting played! Ronnie does a great lead, Keef sounds like a god damned runaway train.

This tour is gonna be great.

The World's Greatest is back!
May 27th, 2005 07:56 AM
maumau thought ronnie was the real highlight here

wish they had given away the ONNYA rehars
May 27th, 2005 08:07 AM
lotsajizz anyone notice Keith's growing gut on display in that rehearsal video? he ain't overeating so I suspect it's a booze gut combined with NO exercise
May 27th, 2005 09:30 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
maumau wrote:
wish they had given away the ONNYA rehars

That was Part. I, maybe Part. II will bring it.
May 27th, 2005 09:43 AM
gimmekeef Is there a way to save this to your hard drive for replay later?.....Thank you
May 27th, 2005 10:19 AM
David I didn't know they had it in them. Hell there even seemed to be a little bit of distortion. I'm not getting my hopes up. Chuck and their sound people will find a way to fuck it up.
May 27th, 2005 11:38 AM
T&A that may well turn out to be the fucking highlight of the entire tour! I don't know when the boys sounded so good - just like they should. leave the sidemen behind!
May 27th, 2005 12:23 PM
gimmekeef Any tech wizards capable of putting the audio in a downloadable MP3?.....Thanks
May 27th, 2005 01:36 PM
blackandblue
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Any tech wizards capable of putting the audio in a downloadable MP3?.....Thanks

Yes rip off that RS.com side!
May 27th, 2005 01:58 PM
sammy davis jr. Gee, you have to pay for a membership to see the boys do a decent performance?
May 27th, 2005 02:01 PM
Nellcote Hey Sammy, that's the nature of a "fan" club.
You would have done it in the day, showing those
wicked cool "behind the scenes" videos of you, Frank & Dino romancing the ladies in Vegas, right, for some extra bling?
May 27th, 2005 02:25 PM
gimmekeef Hey Sammie...you still have that garbage truck from the first Oceans Eleven?..EEEoooooohhhhhhEEEEEEoooooohh!!!!
May 27th, 2005 03:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Great Gitars, raw energy.
Yes, it is WICKED PISSA!
86 Days from Fenway Openah..
ROOSTAH, 86'd again!!!

86 is a big countdown number for you Fenway folks, eh
May 27th, 2005 04:09 PM
sammy davis jr. Deano and Frank made me carry their bags.....
May 27th, 2005 04:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

86 is a big countdown number for you Fenway folks, eh

LOL I salute you, sir! Good catch! Buckner will always be a fine trivia answer.
May 27th, 2005 05:21 PM
padre Do I really have to pay the friggin' Stones the membership fee to see this clip?
May 27th, 2005 05:37 PM
J.J.Flash Could anybody copy the streaming and help this poor south american beggar?!
May 27th, 2005 08:10 PM
winter God only knows when the audio for this clip was recorded. In typical fucking stones fashion, they even spliced and dubbed "rehersal" footage.

Anyone else notice Ronnie's shirt mysteriously change colors during the song?

Sorry to be negative, but shit like this pisses me off!

wintah
May 27th, 2005 08:22 PM
Soldatti It will be great to see the video or audio in rockpassion soon.
May 27th, 2005 09:02 PM
luxury1 Oh shit, really winter?? I have to go watch it again. I was diggin Mick's understated performance. I like him loose and unstrained, just walking around, a little gritty. Damn. And the guitars were finally sounding, well, like someone was actually playing them....
May 27th, 2005 09:16 PM
winter two words - yup!

the audio must be current, but why can't they just let the frickin' cameras role.

Also, people shouldn't get their hopes up for the sound this tour - bear in mind, without any back up musicians, they had to turn up the guitars; otherwise, it would have just been drums and Mick!

[Edited by winter]
May 28th, 2005 01:44 AM
sammy davis jr. Considering they've played the song nearly 2 million times now- that was atrocious. Thanks to person who posted it though.
May 28th, 2005 02:24 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Considering they've played the song nearly 2 million times now- that was atrocious. Thanks to person who posted it though.

Keith sounded miserable in particular, Ronnie slightly better but that's not saying much.

On the other hand, Invisible Darryl sounded great!

EDIT: Yup. Looks like they used closeups of an earlier take, as in one of them Ronnie is still wearing his blue shirt, while in the long shots of Mick he's wearing a grey one.
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
May 28th, 2005 04:53 AM
maumau well i never complain about professional criticism on this or any of the rs boards but this is way too much

what you see is pretty simple there's not cut during the song there's a cut at the beginning when you see mick arriving and hugging ron. i guess they cut this at the beginning of the clip to take in ron speech (that i could not guess). so you see them as they prepare to reharse. well, i bet bs was not their first reharsed song...dah!

then you have a cut on the video track slightly postponed the audio track (as it is familiar with any editor to dramatize the cut itslef) so the song starts in the background and then you start to see the band playing and the camera rolls cutless till the end....

please, do me a favour...see twice, hear twice, think twice before posting
May 28th, 2005 08:14 AM
JaggerLips They are back on sizzling form!

Wonder why they had to edit the footage though?

I am looking forward to more good video clips to come, I want my $100 worth!

Anybody know how long it takes for the poster and DVD to arrive?
May 28th, 2005 08:27 AM
Nellcote Lips, the dvd has been promised for sometime now, folks who joined last year still don't have it. Probably during this year.

On the editing, remember folks the title said "rehearsals"
We are not talking final cut
We are talking montage
We got friggin Stones in 2005
If you'd asked me that in '72, I would've not thought it..

Stones Junkies Worldwide Rejoice!

May 28th, 2005 08:59 AM
blackandblue I have listened to the rehearsal but I don't think it's very special. Ron en Keith can do a lot better than that! Someone has to kick them in the ass.
May 28th, 2005 09:14 AM
T&A
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
I have listened to the rehearsal but I don't think it's very special. Ron en Keith can do a lot better than that!

No...they can't
May 28th, 2005 09:33 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
maumau wrote:
the camera rolls cutless till the end....

Watch it again. I saw at least two instances where they cut and Ronnie was wearing a different shirt during the film.

Granted, the audio sounds fairly seamless, I don't think they could have gotten away with cutting around through different rehearsal takes. I think they're using "grey shirt Ronnie" take, with "blue shirt Ronnie" take being used to provide closeups.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)