ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick agrees to help Hall find her kept man. Return to archive
May 27th, 2005 01:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels JAGGER AGREES TO HELP HALL FIND HER KEPT MAN

MICK JAGGER is so thrilled with ex-wife JERRY HALL's new reality TV show KEPT, in which she dates a series of younger men, he has agreed to make an appearance.

Hall admits the ROLLING STONES rocker was initially furious about the concept, but came round to thinking it was a good idea.

And now he'll not only appear in one episode, he has suggested tests for Hall's suitors.

She says, "He suggested we teach the guys about French wine."

The winner of the TV challenge will get the chance to be Hall's kept companion for a year.

Hall reveals one of the first suitors she rejected at the audition stage of the upcoming US show freaked her out with her impersonation of Jagger.

She adds, "I thought it was a bit stalkerish."

Contactmusic.com
27/05/2005 03:21

May 27th, 2005 09:26 AM
Monkey Woman I admire Mick's nerve! He's never been afraid of ridicule, when there's some fun and/or publicity to be gained!
May 27th, 2005 10:19 AM
glencar Wow, next the Stones will be appearing on whatever that show is that comes on after Letterman. This has "DISASTER" written all over it.
May 27th, 2005 10:31 AM
texile i shudder from the implications.........
has mick become that lame?
May 27th, 2005 11:56 AM
glencar It appears so. Next year he'll be in the audience at "American Idol"!
May 27th, 2005 12:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
It appears so. Next year he'll be in the audience at "American Idol"!

Oh cmon. It's just good clean fun. Now if he were to walk her down the aisle the next time she gets married, I'd say they've lost it.
May 27th, 2005 02:02 PM
texile its just cheesy.
May 27th, 2005 03:48 PM
Saint Sway how do I get on this show???

I have ZERO interest in Jerry. But the only thing I'm a bigger dork about than the Stones is wine. So the idea of drinking Burgundy with Jagger sounds hilarious. I want in!!

btw, Jerry is making a complete ass out of herself with this show. She should just be happy at home with Mick's millions. Why does she need this kind of cheesy publicity???

This show sounds like it was originally made for Anna Nicole Smith and then they realized that she was actually either doped out, insane or mildly retarded and then the producers decided to give the show to the next doped out Texas bimbo they could find... and... wallah! Jerry Hall has a TV show.

sometimes its OK in life to say "no thank you"
May 27th, 2005 03:56 PM
glencar Jerry lives for the limelight. It's why she jumped from Ferry to Jagger all those years ago.
[Edited by glencar]
May 27th, 2005 04:17 PM
texile notice how she mentioned mick's "involvement" the weekend it debuts........
its actually misleading - he's not going to be ON the show, she's just throwing his name out there.
lordy lord - and i'm from texas.
May 27th, 2005 05:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jerry lives for the limelight.

The limelight or the slimelight? That poster who said the role was made for the Ana Nicole Smith had it about right. But as far as Jerry goes, she's tried about everything. The idle rich....there just isn't that much to do I guess except watch young bucks degrade themselves.
May 27th, 2005 06:08 PM
glencar I wouldn't say she's idle. She performs in plays & generally seems to be working.
May 28th, 2005 08:00 AM
Bitch I'll watch the show - it airs Sun May 29th 8/9 PM. I just want to see how stupid it is - the whole concept is ridiculous, however, seeing 10 hot young studs in a hot tub can't be all that bad! And the possibility of seeing MICK will be funny about how he is handling this. Maybe she's not so dumb after all - she's probably making big bucks too! I'm jealous of Jerry - again!
May 29th, 2005 06:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Hall's 'Kept' is no model for a good reality series

By Matthew Gilbert,
Globe Staff / Boston Globe
May 28, 2005

How to transcribe the exhalation of a sigh? Would it be spelled ''Huuh"? ''Haah"? ''Hoow"? Because that would be the critical sound effect for this review of ''Kept," a new VH1 reality series that finds model Jerry Hall trolling for her very own boy toy. The sigh shouldn't look like a fall-of-civilization sigh, though, so much as a bored-to-tears sigh with a hint of a yawn about it. It should also look like a mildly disappointed sigh, since this show portraying Mick Jagger's ex-wife as a vamp doesn't offer even a shred of frothy camp.

ADVERTISEMENT

''Kept," which premieres tomorrow night at 9, is basically a mix of ''The Bachelorette" and ''Manhunt: The Search for America's Most Gorgeous Male Model." Hall presides over a dozen American men who are competing to be kept by her for a year, during which time they'll supposedly live a glamorous Continental life with a salary. In each episode, they perform silly tasks for her -- some, of course, involving bared chests. The idea is that ''you gotta give everything up for Jerry," as one player gushes proudly. And then Hall judges each of them based on whether they can adore her without being creepy.

Naturally, Hall uses her Stones cachet as much as possible, aware that that's the real reason she has the series. We see her dishing with Charlie Watts's daughter and Bill Wyman's wife, and late in tonight's episode her steely assistant, Katy, tells the first loser, ''You can't always get what you want."

Some of the men seem to be genuinely pathetic, gigolos hoping to sell themselves into service. They probably take their roles on ''Kept" seriously enough to believe Hall is actually doing this for company and not just for publicity. They probably think there truly will be a sexual element to the job -- something that's only intimated in the premiere. And, of course, the other men are on ''Kept" for their close-ups, frauds hamming around to get more air time. The star of the latter category is a man who introduces himself to Hall by mimicking Jagger and singing ''Angie" with his own lyrics. They can't say he never tried -- to be a fool.

Hall, whose British accent is as slippery as Madonna's, projects very little personality. She's bland in an older Paris Hilton kind of way. She sometimes tries to make herself into a worldly lady unafraid of her own power, as she delivers comments such as, ''They have a lot to learn, these boys." But her hauteur is unconvincing. It's just a flat performance. Insert sigh here.

Matthew Gilbert can be reached at [email protected].

May 29th, 2005 11:51 AM
texile sigh.........
May 29th, 2005 08:14 PM
Some Guy My wife likes this show and I must admit I watch it also.
May 29th, 2005 09:00 PM
corgi37 Its just a bit of fun. Good on Mick for not being so serious.

But, come on, French wine? Its like cats piss compared to Aussie wine.
May 30th, 2005 12:05 AM
Some Guy New show coming up Thursday, a bit cheeky.
May 30th, 2005 01:56 PM
texile i can't you people like this shit - its embarassing.....
she can do what she wants, but people associate this crap with the stones.......now my niece will never believe the stones were ever cool..
May 30th, 2005 02:45 PM
Surround Sister
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Its just a bit of fun. Good on Mick for not being so serious.

On first sentence: Sounds fair.
2nd: Sounds a litte bit chategorical.
May 30th, 2005 10:50 PM
corgi37 YOUR 1st sentence. Thanks
2nd sentence: You sound a bit analytical.
May 31st, 2005 06:51 AM
Surround Sister Aussie wine may be fine.
But French are said to be quite OK too, arent they?

Well, anyway beer´s my thing:
Best beer-countries:

1. Belgium
2. Germany
3. England
4. Czech Rep.
5. Denmark
6. Norway
7. Sweden
8. Holland
9. US
10. All the others

...Still too analytical...?
May 31st, 2005 10:17 AM
jpenn11 Think Mick is testing the waters for his own show: become a Rolling Stones back up musician? Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie corral 10 would-be Rolling Stones back up players to join the ranks of Bernie, Lisa, Chuck, . . . and put them through the ringer of sex, drugs and rock and roll--each week, another contestant is voted off the bus . . .

May 31st, 2005 11:20 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Its just a bit of fun. Good on Mick for not being so serious.

LOL Corgi, if you come here we'll drink the best cat piss you ve ever taste man !!
May 31st, 2005 12:24 PM
Monkey Woman LOL, Ju!
That's the love talking, you know, the overwhelming love of an Aussie for one of his home products... He must know best. (I certainly have never sampled Aussie wine.) There's no arguing about taste.
June 6th, 2005 01:13 PM
glencar From today's NY Daily News:

Ex-contestant on 'Kept' Halls off and slams Jerry

Is Jerry Hall a cruel and pretentious diva?

Or are Brian Bergdoll's many complaints a case of hell hath no fury like a reality-show contestant spurned?

Bergdoll was the first man to be axed from the former Mrs. Mick Jagger's VH1 show, "Kept" - in which 12 strapping lads compete to be her No. 1 boy toy.

Hall called him "stalkerish" in the pilot episode.

Now Bergdoll is lashing out. "Jerry should be lucky to have a stalker!" he fumed to Webster Hall gadabout Baird Jones. "No one on that show had even known who Jerry Hall was. Not only did these guys have no idea who Jerry was, they had not even heard of the Rolling Stones!"

The 33-year-old Bergdoll - who pays his Brooklyn rent by impersonating Jagger and John Travolta - added, "Jerry was so affected, we kept wondering why she was so pretentious."

He claims Hall kicked him out of the show's premiere party at Soho 323 the other night. "Jerry started throwing us all out because she had brought fake 'Kept' contestants, who were much taller and more muscular, for 'Entertainment Tonight,' who was covering the party," he said.

"Kept" executive producer Brandon Riegg disputed Bergdoll's claims.

"All the guys were familiar with Jerry," he said, noting that Bergdoll "was eliminated the second day he was there. The rest of the series, you'll see that she interacts and goes on dates with several of the guys."

But not you, Brian!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)