ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Biggest audience in US Return to archive
May 23rd, 2005 08:50 AM
Jair What regions of US the Stones got the biggest audience?

Like, Chicago or New York? West or East coast?

May 23rd, 2005 08:56 AM
chevysales northeast corridor ny, mass, nj, etc.
[Edited by chevysales]
May 23rd, 2005 08:58 AM
Madafaka That's a question to... Soldatti!
May 23rd, 2005 10:37 AM
Gazza definitely more east coast than west coast

that said, Chicago seems to be as big a draw as New York in terms of the number of shows they seem to play there, even though its by some distance a smaller city.

Plus they always seem to sell proportionally more tickets in northern california than in southern california
May 23rd, 2005 02:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Plus they always seem to sell proportionally more tickets in northern california than in southern california

Well that makes sense. Proportionally more cool people up north there.
May 23rd, 2005 03:05 PM
Poplar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Well that makes sense. Proportionally more cool people up north there.

damn right!
May 23rd, 2005 04:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Poplar wrote:
damn right!

Well it's a fact, an ojectively provable objective fact. But as much as I hate to admit it, the coolest of the cool, the "creme de la creme'" reside in Oregon.
(well at least they aren't hyper pseudo-cool like New Yorkers.)

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 23rd, 2005 04:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
definitely more east coast than west coast

that said, Chicago seems to be as big a draw as New York in terms of the number of shows they seem to play there, even though its by some distance a smaller city.

chicago and New York with Toronto up and coming, hands down
May 23rd, 2005 04:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sadly the Stones have never played Maine. But after all we've only got 1.4 million people in the entire state. I wonder if Keith understands that there are places north of Connecticut besides Massachusetts.
May 23rd, 2005 09:59 PM
Soldatti New York, Chicago and Toronto, in that order.
May 26th, 2005 10:51 PM
Bitch Giants Stadium is the largest venue with 70,000 seats. MSG holds only 19,000.
May 26th, 2005 11:12 PM
glencar I know I've seen a list of states they've never played but does anyone recall any unplayed states other than dull Maine? SD? VT? MT? AK?
May 27th, 2005 12:14 AM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
I know I've seen a list of states they've never played but does anyone recall any unplayed states other than dull Maine? SD? VT? MT? AK?

Look here:
http://www.beatzenith.com/the_rolling_stones/leftover.htm
May 30th, 2005 08:44 AM
Jair
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
New York, Chicago and Toronto, in that order.

Thank you, Soldatti.
I always thought Los Angeles were one of the hot cities for Stones...

May 30th, 2005 12:39 PM
Matt Lacroix without a doubt, their biggest crowd as of late was SARS stock in toronto, i was there, and it was huge.
May 30th, 2005 03:05 PM
Child of the Moon I've heard the biggest audience resides on Boca Raton...
June 2nd, 2005 05:54 PM
69 Chevy
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Giants Stadium is the largest venue with 70,000 seats. MSG holds only 19,000.

I don't believe they are selling the entire stadium this tour. Judging from the seating chart I would guess they are selling 55,000 +/-.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)