ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Lynn!
Backstage with Chris Farlowe
© 1982 Lynn Goldsmith
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Question About Guinness Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
May 26th, 2005 11:08 PM
stonedinaustralia HTM & Voodoo Scrounge

as i'm sure corgi will corroborate Australians do not drink Fosters - it's no good - however,it seems to have been accepted as the Australian beer in the overseas market - which dates back, i suppose, to the days of Barry McKenzie ( a few of my English friends may know to whom I refer)

Corgi may disagree but the best australian beers are Tasmanian (i reckon because they use the cleanest water in the brewing) - Cascade and James Boag are the names to look for if you frequent boutique beer sellers (and get the full strength stuff - drinking light beer is like smoking leaf - desperate measures for desperate times and, agin IMO, not really worth the effort

also good are Coopers brews - the Pale Ale is excellent and packs a real punch

Guinness is great IMO
May 27th, 2005 08:48 AM
Honky Tonk Man I actually had a few Fosters last night. I think I'm getting used to it again. Dish water it may be, at least I know I won't get paralytic or be sick on it. One of the pubs I go too now has a special cold-filtered version. It's quite refreshing.

Oh of course SIA, GUINNESS IS THE BEST!
May 27th, 2005 09:40 AM
Voodoo Scrounge The best brewers of any form of real ale are the English. We have been doing it for so long.
I myself dont drink it. When Im in the mood, I will drink lager, but I have to say that I am a spirits man myself. Vodka is my tipple and I also like Zubrovka. Its a polish vodka. Very sweet.
May 27th, 2005 11:35 AM
Honky Tonk Man Real Ales are for old men or yokels!

I too like my spirits. My current tipple is vodka and orange, though it really is an after larger drink for me. I hit the vodka when I'm too bloated for any more beer. If I started on vodka, I'd end up spending too much money. GULP and it's gone!
May 27th, 2005 11:46 AM
Joey

Hello My Stones Brothers & Sisters ..............

" Acoustic Groove " hits the stage at THE BRAZEN HEAD promptly at 9:15PM CDT this evening .

Gazza and company plan on arriving at 9:00 PM sharp .

What I need to know is what time the rest of you , my little Stonescicles , plan on arrivng so as to have Meghan & Shannon start your ' pours ' ........

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing ..............................

" Stones Rule You Friggin Friggin Bastards ! "

Jacky Cakes ! ™

May 28th, 2005 11:02 AM
Blind Dog McGhee 10 to 1 it's Guinness Time.
May 30th, 2005 04:19 AM
sj OK.. just to clarify those comments directed to the Aussies about Fosters. The UK bought this junk from Carlton & United Breweries sometime in the 80s. It's almost impossible to buy the stuff in Australia, except in some places in Sydney that know we have Backpacker poms who want the stuff to feel like they're back in the UK.

The baseline and therefore most popular beer here is Victoria Bitter. MUCH better than Fosters!! Give it a go. My personal fave is Coopers Red from Adelaide. A gorgeous beer. Needs a bit of a roll to be activated.
June 2nd, 2005 12:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man I have just been put on a course of anti-biotic. As a result of this, I cannot drink alcohol until the bottle of tablets is empty. What is a poor boy to do?

I am seriously considering pouring the entire contents down my throat in order to get back to drinking the black stuff.

June 2nd, 2005 12:17 PM
Factory Girl I've always drank when on antibiotics.

Alex, what are you on?

Your dearest friend,

FG!
June 2nd, 2005 03:15 PM
Honky Tonk Man Not too sure if it's the correct spelling, but my xema has flared up. I used to suffer badly, but it went and for years now, my arms have been totally clear of it. Though now it's returned and I just want to nip it in the bud before it really spreads. It's really improved over the last day or so and I'm hoping to be completely rid of it within the next week or so.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)