ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Empire Pool, Wembley - May 12, 1968
Live Debut of Jumping Jack Flash - Last Brian Jones public performance

The Rolling Stones Files by Mark Paytress
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones Remastered Return to archive
05-31-02 09:33 AM
Stones Go to Billboard.com for the story of the new remastered Stones. To be released August 20.
06-01-02 08:29 PM
mattb I never bought any of the ABKCO cd's so at least I won't have to replace any with the newer versions. That's great if they bring back the UK versions of the real early stuff.
06-01-02 08:45 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Well, yeah, it MIGHT be great. Remember, this is ABKCO we're talking about here. If these remasters sound anything like the other remasters that they have done, it will leave us more frustrated and mad than anything else.

HOWEVER!

If they actually do a good job, and use the master reels to do the remastering...we might have as much cause to celebrate as having another tour!
06-01-02 08:56 PM
Scot Rocks Damn I have spent the last 2 years buying most of these ABKCO albums, however if they are remastered really well, well I'll just spend the next 2 years doing the same thing...only for the Stones.
06-02-02 08:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man Apparently they are going to be the first cds by a major act to use the new "Super CD" system. Whatever this really means i dont know. The Doors remastered their cds a few years ago using that Apogee system and they sound really amazing. Hopefully they will reissue the albums with bonus tracks and great sleeve notes
06-03-02 10:28 AM
swapwoodfortaylor I bought the 3 CD set London Years? (to replicate the singles / EPs) after hearing it on a crap CD player. The sound was OK on a crap system. But when played on a quality Hi-Fi the remastering turns out to be apalling. That harsh crunchy digital sound makes those 'works of art' sound irritating. So I am still with my vinyl. My mind remains open re the Aug reissues.
06-03-02 11:35 AM
Riffhard Well I for one think it will be done right this time around for on reason.Bob Ludwig.Check out this link! http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/05-30-2002/0001737853&EDATE=

This sounds very enticing for sure.So once again it would appear that I'll be replacing at least 22 disks.The one that will be very interesting will be "Got Live..."This album always sounded like crap,in lp or disk format.It will be very exciting to see what kind of magic Ludwig can work with the master of this classic.If all goes as well as Ludwig seems to think it will.Got Live.. could very well sound brand new.Now that would be very nice indeed!

Riffhard Blimp 5,Limo ?,MSG 50 and counting,Roseland SOL at this point

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road