ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Empire Pool, Wembley - May 12, 1968
Live Debut of Jumping Jack Flash - Last Brian Jones public performance

The Rolling Stones Files by Mark Paytress
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Mick Jagger in the Queen's Jubilee? Return to archive
05-30-02 01:32 PM
Philippe I heard that he will be playing in the ceremonies with Paul McCartney and Elton John between others. Is this confirmed?
05-30-02 01:56 PM
Jaxx actually he is not. while mick jagger was one of the ~first~ celebrities invited, i read yesterday that a contractual agreement won't allow him to perform so soon before the World Tour.

from the NY Times:

Some big names, though, will be absent. Mr. Jagger, who was among the first to be invited, was unable to accept because of a contractual restriction on performing in Britain before the current Rolling Stones world tour reaches here. Two Irish groups, the Chieftains and U2, also turned down invitations, reportedly because they felt that the Irish were perhaps not best placed to celebrate the durability of the British monarchy.

[Edited by Jaxx]
05-30-02 08:44 PM
Scot Rocks Of course not Mick's got better things to do than play for that ......., as a subject I could get hanged probably, so I won't comment!!!! I'll leave that duty to SIR paul and Mrs Elton John, lol, well at least it will be a nice day off and I'll raise a glass for the Stones for making my life much better through their music, while the Queen well, we pay to keep her in the lap of luxury every day,so this time I'll..."Raise our drink To the salt of the earth Lets raise our drink To the salt of the earth..."

Cheers and Ciao

!!!!!!!!!!!!!CITIZENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-01-02 08:47 PM
mattb That story sounds funny to me. He won't be playing UK til next year in the world tour. I'm sure doing a number with Elton and Paul for the Queen wouldn't ruin ticket sales.
06-02-02 07:52 AM
CS He won't play but will be there and will give an interview for VH-1/MTV

Lake Wash. grad to hobnob with royalty
2002-05-29
by Patti Payne

ROCK 'N' ROYALTY: Lake Washington High School 1992 grad Courtney Reimer, 27, is heading to Buckingham Palace tomorrow to chat with the Queen of England. It's part of her job assignment as VH-1/MTV reporter, with her offices now on Broadway in New York City.

On this assignment, rock writer Reimer will also interview Sting, Mick Jagger, Phil Collins, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Elton John and several other superstars who will all be at the queen's 50th anniversary party at Buckingham Palace coming up on June 3.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road