ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kings Of Leon - live MSN Return to archive
4th June 2007 03:20 PM
Saint Sway this is awesome!!!

http://music.msn.com/kingsofleon
4th June 2007 03:59 PM
mrhipfl yes. yes it is.
4th June 2007 04:01 PM
mrhipfl That's quite a crowd. They're more popular than I expected.
4th June 2007 04:15 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
That's quite a crowd. They're more popular than I expected.

Good American bands are typically more popular in the U.K.
4th June 2007 04:24 PM
Saint Sway Mel, the Chris Jagger pics you've been posting in your sigs just keeps cracking me up

f'in hilarious

cheers!
4th June 2007 04:33 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Mel, the Chris Jagger pics you've been posting in your sigs just keeps cracking me up

f'in hilarious

cheers!

He's the gift that keeps on giving, isn't he?
5th June 2007 07:38 AM
Lord Homosex KOL blow me away. That singer reminds me of J Fogerty; in his distinct vocal style and his powerful pipes. The band is excellent. For ebing so fucking young it is amazing with how much restraint they play. The individual parts are very clever.
5th June 2007 09:37 AM
Factory Girl KOL kick major tunnage. Fine young lads...LOL.
5th June 2007 10:06 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
KOL blow me away. That singer reminds me of J Fogerty; in his distinct vocal style and his powerful pipes. The band is excellent. For ebing so fucking young it is amazing with how much restraint they play. The individual parts are very clever.

They had quite a bit of help with writing/arrangement from that guy in Nashville. ... What's his name? Angelo?
[Edited by Mel Belli]
5th June 2007 10:08 AM
Jumacfly I hate the voice of this singer....
So please let Fogerty alone
5th June 2007 11:57 AM
Lord Homosex LOL, not meaning to offend the CCR purists. Don't mean he sounds like Fogerty; but like it or not the guy got some push down there.
The 'Angelo' input was what initially really made me sceptical of this band. From what I hear from friends of the band, he was very involved in the first album. Now I think he is basically producer. the first time I saw them I really expected to find all kinds of trickery but they are rocking for real. Drummer is tight and sparse. Lead guitarrist doibling on triangle. They do have some amazing sound techs for the live sound. Esepcially whoever is doing the Bass guitar sound and f/x. The delay and vibrato on the Bass guitar virtually makes a huge part of their sound. Plus they write most songs in E and B so they always have that low E droning.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)