ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Euro set list Return to archive
4th June 2007 02:15 PM
Mel Belli Via IORR, this looks to be the basic framework of this summer's show as it's shaping up in Belgium. Looks disappointingly '94-ish. I listened to my "Live At the Apollo" to refresh my memory of "I'll Go Crazy." It's the one that goes: You've got to live/for yourself/yourself and nobody else. I can easily hear that being turned into a "Night Time is the Right Time" mush.

Start Me Up
Shattered
Rough Justice
Rocks Off
Heartbreaker
Sweet Virgina
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Tumbling Dice
I'll Go Crazy (JB)
I Wanna Hold You
Slipping Away
Under My Thumb
It's All Over Now 2x
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Honky Tonk Women
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
4th June 2007 02:17 PM
Gazza Not bad up to and including IORR. An improvement on last summer but that final half hour is a predictable yawn.

However, the rehearsals indicate we may at least have a decent variety in the "non warhorses" half of the show.

Dont know about looking "disappointingly '94-ish" - I'm more concerned about it looking "disappointingly 18 songs-ish"

[Edited by Gazza]
4th June 2007 02:21 PM
mrhipfl add sympathy for the devil and you can't always get what you want and it'll be a great set.
4th June 2007 02:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
add sympathy for the devil and you can't always get what you want and it'll be a great set.

Yeah its hard to imagine both of those being omitted, isnt it?
4th June 2007 02:28 PM
Saint Sway theres no escaping the warhorses

but they should shuffle the deck with them a bit better

open each show with a different one... Close each b-stage with a different one each night... mix up the encore(s).... Just shuffle up the spots so its not so predictable.
4th June 2007 02:29 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Dont know about looking "disappointingly '94-ish" - I'm more concerned about it looking "disappointingly 18 songs-ish"

[Edited by Gazza]

It's that "Rocks Off"-"Heartbreaker"-"Sweet Virginia" section that feels '94...
4th June 2007 02:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
theres no escaping the warhorses

but they should shuffle the deck with them a bit better

open each show with a different one... Close each b-stage with a different one each night... mix up the encore(s).... Just shuffle up the spots so its not so predictable.

Basically what Ive always argued. Perm any ten from 15 or 20 and rotate them in and out. No one will exactly go home crying.
4th June 2007 02:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

It's that "Rocks Off"-"Heartbreaker"-"Sweet Virginia" section that feels '94...

True. I like it though. I like hearing the last two.
4th June 2007 02:44 PM
ShaneJazz Time for Tumblin' Dice to take a break. Loving Cup would admirably, heroically take its place.
4th June 2007 02:47 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

True. I like it though. I like hearing the last two.

I like it all, don't get me wrong. ... I was thinking one way to inject some surprise into the set list is to make the opening number a wildcard, as Bruce did in summer '03. Toward the end of that leg, he was breaking out all sorts of interesting numbers right out of the box. And, always, the second song, "The Rising," was the true "beginning" of the show, as it had been previously.

I realize the Stones are wed to the idea of a literal big-bang to kick off each show, but wouldn't it be cool if they came out with "Silver Train" or "If You Can't Rock Me" - and then launched into "Start Me Up"?
4th June 2007 02:50 PM
ShaneJazz You're right Mel- If You Can't Rock Me would be a great opener. Love it on Love You Live, with some Get Off of My Cloud mixed it at the end.
4th June 2007 02:50 PM
Saint Sway genius idea Mel!! (with thanks to Bruce)
4th June 2007 03:13 PM
gimmekeef Drop Brown Sugar...and put in Rambler as the last one before the encore....That would smoke.....
4th June 2007 03:17 PM
LadyJane Can you just imagine if they came out of the starting block with Silver Train???

THUD!!!!!

LJ.
4th June 2007 03:23 PM
parmeda LJ...wish in one hand, shit in the other.

Recap with me tomorrow
4th June 2007 03:25 PM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:
LJ...wish in one hand, shit in the other.

Recap with me tomorrow

Hey Hootchie!
Still hot in Chi-town???

LJ.
4th June 2007 03:27 PM
parmeda
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Hey Hootchie!
Still hot in Chi-town???

LJ.

Dahlink...when I'm here it's always hot! hehehe

Actually, it's raining like a mo-fo right now.
4th June 2007 04:17 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Can you just imagine if they came out of the starting block with Silver Train???

THUD!!!!!

LJ.

Couldn't be any worse than YGMR.
4th June 2007 04:22 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I listened to my "Live At the Apollo" to refresh my memory of "I'll Go Crazy." It's the one that goes: You've got to live/for yourself/yourself and nobody else. I can easily hear that being turned into a "Night Time is the Right Time" mush.

It could also smoke -- if the guitar players were in the mood to actually work the riff and the tempo was properly fast.

Unlike Night Time the original offers little or no opportunity for blues vamp indulgent timekill.

4th June 2007 04:24 PM
_Boomy_ Why cant' they play "If You Can't Rock Me"?

If I recall, they were tearing it up on the Licks tour in the arenas. It was a decent version.

Set-list looks boring on paper, but if you're at the show it should be fun.
4th June 2007 04:34 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

It could also smoke -- if the guitar players were in the mood to actually work the riff and the tempo was properly fast.

Unlike Night Time the original offers little or no opportunity for blues vamp indulgent timekill.

"Blues vamp indulgent timekill." I think that calls for an acronym, BVIT.
5th June 2007 10:48 AM
fanfucker
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

"Blues vamp indulgent timekill." I think that calls for an acronym, BVIT.

can we imagine "sympathy for the devil" to open the show?
5th June 2007 11:47 AM
Lord Homosex Isn't Ventilator Blues emerging as a serious contender?
5th June 2007 11:56 AM
Joey
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
Isn't Ventilator Blues emerging as a serious contender?

You raise an interesting and quite salient point there Lord Homosex .

You see Lord Homosex ...... I too have often regarded a sensate ................................ WAIT !!!!!!

********* IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *********
5th June 2007 12:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

You raise an interesting and quite salient point there Lord Homosex .

You see Lord Homosex ...... I too have often regarded a sensate ................................ WAIT !!!!!!

********* IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *********

Even after the immense success of the Omaha Summit (see: O2), I have low, I repeat low Ronnie, confidence in a major shake up. Ticket sales have been poor and the stones will punish audiences by "Omaha'ing" them (Sorry 'kins)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)