ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I WAS ONE OF JAGGER'S 4000 OTHER WOMEN.. HE'S A VERY SEXY GUY Return to archive
4th June 2007 08:29 AM
moy I WAS ONE OF JAGGER'S 4000 OTHER WOMEN.. HE'S A VERY SEXY GUY
Supermodel Carla Bruni lifts lid on steamy affairs with the stars-as she bids for chart success
Exclusive by John Dingwall
SHE used to be fashion aristocracy and now Carla Bruni has set her sights on being the first supermodel to be accepted in the UK charts.

The Italian beauty graced covers of magazines such as Elle and Vogue before quitting modelling in 1998.

By then she had also made headlines over her affairs with rock stars Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton.

She has already joined her ex-boyfriends in the charts in Europe, where her second album, No Promises, is amillion-seller, having made it to No.1.

And Carla hopes the English-speaking album, inspired by the poetry of WB Yeats, Emily Dickenson and WH Auden, and which is actually very good, will be accepted in the UK.

However she admits the baggage which comes from rumours of her flings with everybody from Kevin Costner to Donald Trump could hurt her attempts to be taken seriously.

Carla, 39, said: "There are so many other women with Mick. I was one of the 4000 other women but I never really felt responsible. It was a fling during my youth, we are now good friends.

"I never felt responsible because it wasn't the way it was written about in the press. I didn't want to describe it or give details but it was a flirtation for me.

"I don't think I was responsible for his divorce from Jerry Hall. There were maybe 10 other women.

"He is, I think, like Don Juan. I am used to that because in Italy the men like women very much. In Britain too I suppose, but here they don't shout loudly about it. It's reserved here in the UK.

"I never felt my relationship with Mick left me in a bad light. I'd have been worried if people had said I dated General Pinochet. That would have put me in a bad light.

"With Mick, it would have been short-lived even if he wasn't married. It was a fling. I was in my twenties so Iwasn't thinking about a relationship.

"Mick is a sexy man, talented and very intelligent. Intelligence always attracts me to men.

"I'm so serious about my music anyway that I don't feel disturbed by all the gossip.

"I don't take it so seriously. Maybe I should but I don't. I always find it very funny, even when it is about me. Some things written have been so obnoxious I find it amusing.

"People have said I dated Kevin Costner, even though I have never met the man.

"If I set you up with a man you know, at least you can say it's not true, but to be set up with a man you've never met is really funny."

Her alleged affair with Donald Trump, she says, was pure fantasy on the part of the billionaire tycoon.

"I never dated Donald, but I met him," she insisted. "He's not my type at all. I met him once on a plane and had lunch with him in New York. I think he was the one who talked with the press."

Carla knows the attempts of previous models - most famously Naomi Campbell, who enjoyed an ill-fated stab at pop fame in the mid-1990s - could also put people off listening to her work.

She said: "There is a big difference between writing a song and singing a song. I always felt protected because Iwas writing my own songs.

"Sometimes models go from modelling to being singers but writing the music gives you a different strength, even if it is not successful.

"Naomi was young when she recorded her records. She didn't control them or choose the songs. She gave her voice and image to the records but she wasn't responsible and did it more as an experience than a real creative effort. That was a mistake, I guess."

Carla's own background is one of great wealth. Her grandfather founded the CEAT tyre company in the 1920s and, when she was five, her family fled to Paris to escape the threat of kidnappers. By the time she was 18 she had become financially independent as a model, earning £5million-a-year from assignments.

She recalled: "Modelling was tough and sometimes there was a lot of loneliness, but I loved it anyway. "At that age I was full of energy and had fun meeting different people all the time."

CARLA isn't surprised Kate Moss fell for bad boy rocker Pete Doherty, but doesn't think Kate should necessarily follow her into a music career.

She said: "We meet these bad boy rockers in show business. It has us all in the same soup. It's people that work with the media.

"Models meet actors, actresses and singers and journalists. It's all mixed up. It's the same milieu. It's more than a fatal attraction, it is about circumstance. We are always being brought together."

She added: "Kate is an exceptional model and looks young because she has such a style of her own. That's probably why she is so successful.

"I've no idea what her relationship with music is. I don't know if she is a musician. People asked me if I wanted to be an actress because I was a model but it is a different job, something you have to learn. When you have an image, people can think you can do all these jobs."

For her own part, she has finally settled down, but not without further controversy.

Her French philosopher boyfriend, Raphael Enthoven, is the father of her five-year-old son, Aurelin, and was married to Justine Henri-Levy, daughter of celebrated French thinker Bernard Henri-Levy, when they hooked up.

Justine wrote the novel Rien De Grave (Nothing Serious), featuring a former model stealing her husband, which was a best-seller in Europe.

Carla said: "She wrote a novel then said it was based on me. I didn't like the way it was sold. I believe everybody is allowed to write from their own life so I understand about trying to get revenge in a book.

"But I don't understand why she gave out the names. That was a very commercial way to sell a novel. It would be different if she'd written abiography.

"I hope I get married one day but my man was already married when I met him. He was getting a divorce.

"We have one boy who is five. They get so smart at that age. I would love to have other children."
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)