ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Police tour a complete humiliation! (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st June 2007 04:59 PM
Starbuck looks as if the police tour this summer will end ignominiously! that means bad!

this is a disaster! joey will be forced to stay home with his cats and a blow up waitress. alert pug! stay clear of omaha!

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/44169679
1st June 2007 05:06 PM
Joey " ..........this is a disaster! joey will be forced to stay home with his cats and a blow up waitress. alert pug! stay clear of omaha!

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/44169679 "

1st June 2007 05:10 PM
fireontheplatter i think they are just working out some kinks of performing live.
my gosh, afterall it has been since forever since they have done so.
love this band and their songs.

...some may say wishing my days away...no way...may as well play....
1st June 2007 05:27 PM
Dan He also said setlists are for wimps. I think he is referring to Sting there.
1st June 2007 05:30 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle "so we are half a bar out of sync with each other. Andy is in Idaho."

1st June 2007 05:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
"so we are half a bar out of sync with each other. Andy is in Idaho."

I say , .... " Sell Corn "

-- "He is relentless...a relentless GENIUS!!! Long may The Joey and his keyboard live!!!", Steve Couzzo- Posting World Magazine.
1st June 2007 07:13 PM
glencar I predicted this last February & sadly I am once again correct!
1st June 2007 09:19 PM
pdog I think it is cool they not only make fun of themselves, but also didn't kill each other... Then again, a fre ticket might get me to a show, even then, maybe!
2nd June 2007 05:25 AM
gotdablouse As ususal SC has to shoot off his mouth or its his strange sense of humor...got the torrent of that show on dime and it sounds pretty good, certainly nothing to ashamed about...unlike most of Ronnie's playing since 1989 !
2nd June 2007 07:20 AM
corgi37 Cant stand the Police and never could.
2nd June 2007 10:46 AM
Sir Stonesalot Me either Corgi.

Never understood what all the fuss was about.

They don't rock at all. It's all just silly pretentious pop music.

To each their own, I guess.
2nd June 2007 11:24 AM
Martha I'll be seeing them next Sunday. I'll give a full report. I saw them in their short-lived heyday. I dug them then...now I'm a different listener. :-) It will be an interesting juxtaposition as I'll see Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi the night before the Police show....wonder how that experience will sound to my ears.

Stay tuned.

What's the Police's set-list? Anyone find that?

peace out,
Martha
2nd June 2007 06:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:
I'll be seeing them next Sunday. I'll give a full report.
What's the Police's set-list? Anyone find that?

Nice .... I can not WAIT to hear your report Martha .

PCenter ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|
|
V

www.thepolicetour.com

2nd June 2007 08:20 PM
full moon Great band. Wake up..
2nd June 2007 09:38 PM
gotdablouse I can't believe this, is it really just the three of them on stage ?! No mention of a band here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Police_Reunion_Tour
Don't they at least have a guy on keyboards ? In any case they don't have 15 sidemen with them like Mick and the boys...
2nd June 2007 10:26 PM
lotsajizz having seen them, back in '84, contrary to reports of those who have not seen them, they ROCK

on a good night Stew Copeland is the best drummer out there....
2nd June 2007 10:45 PM
Nellcote Jizzy, what a game today?
Do you think Mankevitch will forget about the whole ball thang recovering from that hit....And what about Pedroia...
2nd June 2007 11:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I saw the Police long time ago I think it was 81 or 82 and the Go Go's were the opening act, the best thing in that show was the girls in the audience I've never seen such a big amount of very good looking girls and very very sexy, man I was watching the girls and not the stage. I don't give a fuck about the POlice or the Go Go's however I have a couple of records LOL

Andy Summer made a couple of albums with Robert Fripp, completely different to the Police music more Crimsonesque
3rd June 2007 02:35 AM
The_Worst To quote the late great Eazy-E...

FUCK THE POLICE!!!
3rd June 2007 02:46 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I predicted this!
3rd June 2007 08:09 AM
corgi37 They toured Australia early 80's. Great fucking line up. Bryan Adams debut single was huge here, and he was fucking great! I dropped some speed when 'Cuts like a knife" started up. The Sunnyboys - Maybe the top 3 punky, no crap, straight ahead rock bands. Australian Crawl - one of the dullest bands we've ever produced. People were bored out of their skulls during their set. Human pyramids were going up and thats all the crowd cared about.

The Police had about 10 people on stage. Backing singers, another guitarist, keyboards etc. Sting had a little gay trampoline that he jumped on to give him some height. It was so lame!!!

Hated every minute of it.

But, the speed was good. Just ask my ex-g/f!!!! We still talk about it now and then.
3rd June 2007 09:49 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
having seen them, back in '84, contrary to reports of those who have not seen them, they ROCK

the drummer for RUSH is also pretty fucking good.

todays tom sawyer he gets high on youuuuuuuu
3rd June 2007 10:20 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
having seen them, back in '84, contrary to reports of those who have not seen them, they ROCK

You post this on Charlies birthday?.....
3rd June 2007 10:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot >having seen them, back in '84, contrary to reports of those who have not seen them, they ROCK<

I guess you are not talking about me...because I saw them on the same shitty tour that you did. Why did I go if I didn't like them?

Easy answer.

I had a friend who gave me 2 tickets when he got mono and couldn't go. I was gonna just sell them, but a chick who I'd been trying to bang wanted to go....so mission accomplished. I also sat through Night Ranger/Krokus/Def Leppard for the same reason...'cept I had to pay for those tickets.

Huh. Now that I think about it...that's not much different than buying a hooker for the evening.

Anyhow...I digress.

I went to that Police show...you know, I don't remember if it was at Hershey or on City Island....long time ago...crap I'm gettin' old....and....I just realized something. I remember almost nothing about that show at all. I remember that the chick did indeed put out, but that's all I can bring back at the moment. So this tells me something. If I don't remember the show at all...I'm trying to recall anything, and I'm coming up blank...it didn't make any impression on me. If the show made zero impression on me...then it didn't "ROCK". Oh snap, wait a minute...I remember that the show wasn't very loud. I think I remember them doing "Canary in a Coal Mine", but that's pretty fuzzy. Ah shit, it's gone now...

Anyhow, I can remember the shows from back then that really did ROCK. AC/DC, NRBQ, BB King...now those shows ROCKed. The Police did NOT ROCK, at least not on the night I saw them. Had they ROCKed, I woulda remembered it. Instead, all I remember is the pussy.

Sad note...she died the next year. She was helping her brother work on her car, and they closed the garage door because it was cold outside. Carbon Monoxide got 'em. Too bad...she was a really cool chick.
3rd June 2007 10:47 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >Anyhow, I can remember the shows from back then that really did ROCK. AC/DC, NRBQ, BB King...now those shows ROCKed. The Police did NOT ROCK, ....<

There. I feel vindicated.

3rd June 2007 10:56 AM
MrPleasant Their biggest trouble is the size of their egos, but they're good.
3rd June 2007 11:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Their biggest trouble is the size of their egos, but they're good.

I never said they weren't good. But just not good enough to be considered an A list rock n roll band, which is how it's being presented in the press.
3rd June 2007 11:49 AM
MrPleasant I didn't say that you said they weren't good. I'm just saying what somebody said to me the other day, something that he had been saying all week (in spite of what someone else thought that he had been saying the week before).
3rd June 2007 11:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
I didn't say that you said they weren't good. I'm just saying what somebody said to me the other day, something that he had been saying all week (in spite of what someone else thought that he had been saying the week before).

Well ... like PT Barnum said "if you're going sell tickets, you'd better have a show." (or was that Nero who said that?)
3rd June 2007 12:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot >But just not good enough to be considered an A list rock n roll band<

It would also help if they played actual Rock n Roll music. The Police are a Pop band. Pop is not Rock n Roll(IMO), even though it gets lumped in with the Rawk all the time.

I guess they are good at what they do. I dunno, I never really thought much about them. Actually....I don't care. They don't play Rock n Roll, so I don't really give a shit.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)