ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on cover of new UNCUT Return to archive
1st June 2007 02:18 PM
Gazza

Same pic as the one used when reviewing ABB two years ago, but a pretty good feature on the Stones in the new edition, which I just received today - it will be in the shops in the next day or so.

Nice interviews with Mick and Keith, which seem to have been done in Amsterdam last summer and some good pics

Most memorable quote comes from Keith recollecting Charlie's reaction to being diagnosed with throat cancer :

"One minute I've done two weeks at Ronnie Scott's, standing ovation, and then two hours later I'm on a marble slab, naked...."
[Edited by Gazza]
1st June 2007 02:19 PM
Martha Thanks Gary!

xxoo,
Martha
1st June 2007 02:21 PM
SweetVirginia The "two hat look" is my least favorite style statement of Keith's.
1st June 2007 03:44 PM
GotToRollMe Hey, tanks!
1st June 2007 03:56 PM
Saint Sway I will buy a copy this weekend and send the prog disc to Lethargy
1st June 2007 07:25 PM
gimmekeef I'd kiss that marble slab that may have saved our Charlie....
1st June 2007 10:18 PM
Martha
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I'd kiss that marble slab that may have saved our Charlie....

How sweet gimmekeef! I'm getting a copy too! Thanks Gary.

xxoo.

MM

PS Bob just put up a second show at Red Rocks. :-)
2nd June 2007 11:26 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'm not buying anything that has a Prog best of disc attached to it.

I live in a carefully constructed Prog-free enviorment.

Maybe someone would be kind and remove the damn disc thingy offa the mag for me so I can buy one. I can't even touch the thing...I'll break out in hives and start vomitting.

And don't forget to remove that dried snot stuff that they use to stick the disc to the cover. I can't touch that stuff either since it was in direct contact with the disc.

Look, I hate Prog. I just do. I also hate people who love Prog. So if you love Prog, and wanna stay of friendly terms with me...don't ever mention your love of Prog to me. I'll either try to cure you, or kill you...depending on how much I liked you in the first place.

Please....someone kill them...soon!
2nd June 2007 11:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I will buy a copy this weekend and send the prog disc to Lethargy

I always thought the free discs that come with Uncut werent available overseas for copyright reasons
2nd June 2007 11:42 AM
Martha Stonesy.....So if I want to die I just let you know I like YES? Ok. Duly noted!

xxoo,
Martha Say!
3rd June 2007 11:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot >So if I want to die I just let you know I like YES?<

No...you can like whomever you want to like.

But it wouldn't bother me at all if Yes fell off an oceanside cliff and were dragged out to sea by the tide, and devoured by Orcas.

That would be a good start.

Did you guys ever hear about the Rick Wakeman project called "Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table....ON ICE". Yep. I'm not making that up. Evidently, it was a disaster with knights in armor skating(more like crashing)into the musicians and stuff. Who woulda thunk that a great idea like that would go so horribly wrong. LOL!

That little icecapade almost bankrupted Wakeman.

>In 1975, his next album, The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, was given a grand-scale premiere at Wembley's Empire Pool, although it also cost Wakeman a fortune to stage the event on ice.<

>The tour in support of the album was a theatrical performance on ice, an expensive project which caused Wakeman to go bankrupt.<

>King Arthur was performed as an ice show for three nights at Wembley Empire Pool and in spite of selling out lost a small fortune due to Rick's extravagant production.<

3rd June 2007 11:44 AM
fireontheplatter when i see this mag at barnes and noble i notice that most of the free discs have been stolen.

everybody say ow.
3rd June 2007 12:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot They weren't stolen.

They were removed for the protection of the consumer.

I mean, we can't have Stones fans being infected with this kinda thing:

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)