ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Press conference today Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
1st June 2007 02:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Am I the ONLY one here who is remotely excited by the PROSPECT of OUR band performing 3 songs????

1st June 2007 02:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG Maybe the "fans" in the bar are singing the songs?- ya know like we would do after a few drinks?!!!
1st June 2007 02:19 PM
LadyJane I give up.

Y'all have a good weekend.

LJ.
1st June 2007 02:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, we cannot even confirm a performance took place?

Some of the stonesforum people did get inside and have been "told to wait", so hopefully they'll get to see something worthwhile.
1st June 2007 02:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Some of the stonesforum people did get inside and have been "told to wait", so hopefully they'll get to see something worthwhile.

Similar to when the stage goes dark after the encore and gives the illusion that there will be another encore, this is merely done so that the Stones and their lovely vans will not encounter unstable fans on their way to a swift exit.

I suspect the fans will get a sneak preview of The Biggest Bang if anything.
1st June 2007 02:26 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Oh dear..not you too!!!

They are getting new Bigger Bang laminates to wear
1st June 2007 02:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Oh dear..not you too!!!

They are getting new Bigger Bang laminates to wear

If the purpose of the whole thing is to help sell extra tickets at the 11th hour, then it would be pretty pointless for them NOT to do some kind of live performance if theyve got TV cameras there.
1st June 2007 02:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG Yes..makes good business sense Gazza...would sell lots of tickets and make fans think they really give a damn....

but when in the last few years has that happened in the Stones Corporation?!!
1st June 2007 02:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Yes..makes good business sense Gazza...would sell lots of tickets and make fans think they really give a damn....

but when in the last few years has that happened in the Stones Corporation?!!

Four Pack Ticket Specials!
1st June 2007 02:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If the purpose of the whole thing is to help sell extra tickets at the 11th hour, then it would be pretty pointless for them NOT to do some kind of live performance if theyve got TV cameras there.

the plan is to eventually screen the performance on one of the major Spanish soap operas

1st June 2007 02:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

the plan is to eventually screen the performance on one of the major Spanish soap operas

I hope theres no 'dubbed' guitar playing....
1st June 2007 02:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I hope theres no 'dubbed' guitar playing....

or the network pulls the plug and sends it to commercial halfway through a song (see S.L.I.)
1st June 2007 02:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

or the network pulls the plug and sends it to commercial halfway through a song (see S.L.I.)

I thought youd said we werent to mention that!
1st June 2007 02:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Credit: IORR:

Re: Vilvoorde Press Conference is a GO
Posted by: Rincewind (IP Logged)
Date: June 1, 2007 21:47

Bad news

There has been an additional security-check and Paul en Dominique are asked to leave.

Not sure what happend, but proberly security f*cked up and invited fans and press inside.

More to follow.....

Now this seems more on par with "normal" for the Stones! Smart move, no sense taking any unnecessary security risks. (See: Omaha Summit)
1st June 2007 02:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I thought youd said we werent to mention that!

you have ruined my friday with your initial mention of it...now I am just bitter, enraged, and not willing to work any rooms right now!
1st June 2007 02:58 PM
charlotte that's right...must get the fans out of there before we can start palying...bring in the hired hands...sigh... what a fucking joke
1st June 2007 03:01 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
charlotte wrote:
that's right...must get the fans out of there before we can start palying...bring in the hired hands...sigh... what a fucking joke

TINGLE!
1st June 2007 03:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
charlotte wrote:
that's right...must get the fans out of there before we can start palying...bring in the hired hands...sigh... what a fucking joke

Sadly, this is all too real for stones fans as they do not feel comfortable being this intimately close with "fans" outside of their social/business circle. As a whole, stones fans are not the most camera friendly simply due to the demographics. I will be 30 in a couple of months and I am now too old for what film execs consider "youth". This is a ploy to sell more tickets to shows that are threatened to be tarped and/or cancelled. Having young, sexy, model types shown having a good time at an event will convince at least of few of their advertisers target demographics to attend a show. I do think stones fans are being treated unfairly again, but business is business and no one is more business than Michael Cohl (see also: Young Jacob Cohl)
1st June 2007 03:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, this is all too real for stones fans as they do not feel comfortable being this intimately close with "fans" outside of their social/business circle. As a whole, stones fans are not the most camera friendly simply due to the demographics. I will be 30 in a couple of months and I am now too old for what film execs consider "youth". This is a ploy to sell more tickets to shows that are threatened to be tarped and/or cancelled. Having young, sexy, model types shown having a good time at an event will convince at least of few of their advertisers target demographics to attend a show. I do think stones fans are being treated unfairly again, but business is business and no one is more business than Michael Cohl (see also: Young Jacob Cohl)

oh shit. Is the shidoobee board down today?
1st June 2007 03:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

oh shit. Is the shidoobee board down today?

1st June 2007 03:09 PM
voodoopug credit: IORR

New Update.

They've played 3 songs, but with no audience present in the studio

Rough Justice - Tumbing Dice - Thank You (James Brown Tribute)
1st June 2007 03:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

1st June 2007 03:10 PM
bootcover New Update.

1st June 2007 03:12 PM
Saint Sway if a tree falls in a Rolling Stones press conference and no one is there to see it, does it count?
1st June 2007 03:14 PM
voodoopug If a band can't sell out MSG on New Years Eve, are they really a factor?
1st June 2007 03:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
bootcover wrote:
New Update.

How ironic. A 'thank you' with no fans there.
1st June 2007 03:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
If a band can't sell out MSG on New Years Eve, are they really a factor?

depends... how much did said band have to pay the venue to allow them to play?
1st June 2007 03:19 PM
pdog Fans are coming to a sad realization, that they are not a beautiful little snowflakes gliding down from mother natures frosty asshole.
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

depends... how much did said band have to pay the venue to allow them to play?

Sadly, in order to protect the ego's of those sensitive on the board, I have been limited to one post every sixty seconds.

Opening night of the Euro Tour is already shaping up well:

charlotte torrent the fucker!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wait...........
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)