ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Press conference today Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
1st June 2007 10:44 AM
Gazza Some of the guys from stonesforum.nl have confirmed that the rumoured press conference today at the rehearsal studios in Vilvoorde will indeed be happening and that some of the band are already there

Supposedly it'll be around 18.00 local time. I think Marco (bootcovers) is there, so maybe he'll give us some info later. Rumour has it the band may perform.

Thanks to peterh on IORR for relaying the info.

More updates here :

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,724690
[Edited by Gazza]
1st June 2007 10:45 AM
LadyJane TINGLE
1st June 2007 10:46 AM
Saint Sway today's the day the unveil "Dance Little Sister"?
1st June 2007 10:47 AM
voodoopug Will it be held outside in a tent (see: Gerardo)
1st June 2007 10:50 AM
glencar This will make up for that horrid internet thing that Mick did a couple of months back.
1st June 2007 11:06 AM
gimmekeef A PR move in place of the usual secret club gig.....Hopefully some video makes it to us...other thna RS.COM
1st June 2007 11:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
This will make up for that horrid internet thing that Mick did a couple of months back.

That was truly the 'Salt lake City' of Stones press conferences
1st June 2007 11:16 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

That was truly the 'Salt lake City' of Stones press conferences

After nearly everyone, except us true fans, had forgotten about the "Salt Lake Incident", you go ahead and put it fresh in our minds....humiliating for all of us.

I implore you to explain your actions. I think all of us here believe a simple picture of Gerardo's tent would have been more than sufficient!
1st June 2007 11:24 AM
Martha Dear Gawd...I just had a HOT flash!!!!!

xxoo,
Martha
1st June 2007 11:28 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Martha wrote:
Dear Gawd...I just had a HOT flash!!!!!

xxoo,
Martha

Gerardo in the tent do it for you? It is understood, that was quite a moment for us all!
1st June 2007 11:51 AM
Scottfree How do you "work the room" in a tent?
1st June 2007 11:55 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
How do you "work the room" in a tent?

It is a bit more complicated (involving more hand gestures and animated waves) and may force one to include an entourage (see: Johnny Drama) to properly acknowledge all the proper attendees.
1st June 2007 12:53 PM
Scottfree You may have to produce a tutorial....
1st June 2007 01:16 PM
_Boomy_ So is the tent going to be tarped?
1st June 2007 01:17 PM
Gazza Apparently theyre going to play at least 3 songs.

Not a mention of this event on rs.com of course, in case for some bizarre reason you thought you might find the info there...
1st June 2007 01:21 PM
LadyJane Can we access this ANYWHERE on-line???

As usual, I'm going out of my mind.

TINGLE.

LJ.
1st June 2007 01:23 PM
Saint Sway what is this press conference to announce?? The European Tour that they've already been selling tickets to for almost 2 months now???
1st June 2007 01:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
what is this press conference to announce?? The European Tour that they've already been selling tickets to for almost 2 months now???

I would imagine its designed to assist in a final push for tickets as the first two shows in Werchter and Nijmegen havent been selling well.
1st June 2007 01:33 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I would imagine its designed to assist in a final push for tickets as the first two shows in Werchter and Nijmegen havent been selling well.

I thought the plan was for Mick to fall suddenly ill with laringits for the Werchter and Nijmegen shows?
1st June 2007 01:38 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I thought the plan was for Mick to fall suddenly ill with laringits for the Werchter and Nijmegen shows?

Can't you just drop the sarcasm FOR ONCE and let those of us that are excited, enjoy this???!!!

LJ.
1st June 2007 01:41 PM
bootcover The PC is over for the camera's, the writing press are asking questions now.
Heard this from a friend who is a Vilvoorde right now (but couldn't get inside).
1st June 2007 01:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Can't you just drop the sarcasm FOR ONCE and let those of us that are excited, enjoy this???!!!

LJ.

TINGLE
1st June 2007 01:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
bootcover wrote:
The PC is over for the camera's, the writing press are asking questions now.
Heard this from a friend who is a Vilvoorde right now (but couldn't get inside).

Sadly, we cannot even confirm a performance took place?
1st June 2007 01:45 PM
Martha I'm going to vomit! Nerves are shot.

:-)
1st June 2007 02:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

Only really worth enjoying if they play something, LJ. After all, we cant see them.

rs.com as usual havent deemed it important enough to be even mentioned, let alone streamed online for those members who have paid $100 for their fantastic service

No doubt there'll be a commemorative t-shirt however.
[Edited by Gazza]
1st June 2007 02:09 PM
LadyJane "Only really worth enjoying if they play something, LJ. After all, we cant see them."

Am I the ONLY one here who is remotely excited by the PROSPECT of OUR band performing 3 songs????

LJ.
1st June 2007 02:11 PM
Gazza If I get to see or hear it, I'll be excited.

Would it have been too much to ask for it to have been made available "live"?

Kinda defeats the purpose of the entire venture otherwise.
1st June 2007 02:12 PM
LadyJane "Would it have been too much to ask for it to have been made available "live"?"

Agreed 110%!

rs.scum is NOT fan friendly.

LJ.
1st June 2007 02:13 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
"Only really worth enjoying if they play something, LJ. After all, we cant see them."

Am I the ONLY one here who is remotely excited by the PROSPECT of OUR band performing 3 songs????

LJ.

Girlfriend....Do you REALLY think they are playing 3 songs?
1st June 2007 02:15 PM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Girlfriend....Do you REALLY think they are playing 3 songs?

Didn't Gazza report same??

If Gazza reports, I tend to believe!

Perhaps it is just wishful thinking on my part.

Disappointment seems to be my middle name.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)