ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scorsese "Shine A Light " to Open Sept 21st Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st May 2007 05:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG Sept 21st is opening date according to:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/45/20145.php

On September 21st, 2007, Academy Award-winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese and the world's greatest rock 'n roll band, The Rolling Stones, unite to bring audiences the most extraordinary musical film event of the year. That's the day Paramount Classics, in association with Concert Productions International and Shangri-La Entertainment, will release Shine A Light, a look at The Rolling Stones, the band that defined the very idea of what a rock & roll band is, live through the eyes of Martin Scorsese. The concert film will be released nationally on September 21st. Fortissimo Films is the international sales agent.

It's hard to overestimate the importance of The Rolling Stones in rock & roll history. The group, which formed in London in 1962, distilled so much of the music that had come before it and has exerted a decisive influence on so much that has come after. Only a handful of musicians in any genre achieve that stature, and the Stones stand proudly among them.

For Shine A Light, which was filmed over two days at the intimate Beacon Theater in New York City in fall 2006, Scorsese assembled a legendary team of cinematographers to capture the raw energy of the legendary band. The Director of Photography, Oscar winner Robert Richardson (The Aviator, JFK), supervised the camera team comprised of several highly acclaimed cinematographers, including Oscar winner John Toll (The Last Samurai, Braveheart), Oscar winner Andrew Lesnie ("The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, King Kong), Oscar nominee Stuart Dryburgh (The Piano, The Painted Veil), Oscar nominee Robert Elswit (Magnolia, Good Night, And Good Luck.), Oscar nominee Emmanuel Lubezki (Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Sleepy Hollow) and Ellen Kuras (Summer of Sam, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). The film was edited by David Tedeschi, who most recently worked with Scorsese on the acclaimed Bob Dylan documentary No Direction Home: Bob Dylan.
31st May 2007 05:14 PM
sammy davis jr. Kind of overkill isn't it? Using Oscar winning cinamatographers, etc.... I mean it was just a rock show in a theatre. Are the overdubs done yet?
31st May 2007 05:46 PM
MikeyC613 Ronnie's handwaving needs to be captured from all angles.
31st May 2007 05:54 PM
Saint Sway fortunately, Gazza's 'sources' were way off on this one.... 2008 - HA!

sadly, I will not be marching around town holding my "GAZZA" sign this weekend. Instead I will walk around with my head hung in shame.
31st May 2007 06:12 PM
fireontheplatter i haven't seen a cinima movie in ages
maybe i'll go see pirates 3...i mean i still have not seen the 1st 2..maybe i'll wait till those miserable winter days to check them out...all 3 of them.
but this score say whats his name movie sounds great...big screen big sound...i think i'm there.
31st May 2007 07:22 PM
texile
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Kind of overkill isn't it? Using Oscar winning cinamatographers, etc.... I mean it was just a rock show in a theatre. Are the overdubs done yet?

lol...
that was my reaction to this!
too bad scorsese wasn't around the stones in 72.
31st May 2007 07:42 PM
gimmekeef Say what you will..but Scorcese and the rest of these talented guys dont put out crap.....Watch The Last Waltz as a teaser......This will smoke......
31st May 2007 07:42 PM
glencar Well, I'm looking forward to this since I was there on the first night. I'd love to here if they edited out the boos that Clinton got when giving his dull speech!
31st May 2007 08:02 PM
Nellcote Prob the premiere will be @ the Beacon?
31st May 2007 08:08 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Say what you will..but Scorcese and the rest of these talented guys dont put out crap.....Watch The Last Waltz as a teaser......This will smoke......

i have never seen 'the last waltz', is it any good.
don't tell me about it....its on my list.

these guys are hollywood top dogs and i agree...it sould be above and beyond sight and sound.
31st May 2007 08:10 PM
fireontheplatter i was under the impression they were going to release the beacon shows on dvd....guess i was wrong.

i kind of howp they do thos...song for song....now that would be killer.

what was i thinking?
1st June 2007 07:45 AM
corgi37 Wonder if Ahmet Ertugen makes an appearance. Be a good selling point.

"In 1969, Meredith Hunter died at a Stones show. See "Shine a light" and watch the tradition continue".
1st June 2007 08:04 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Wonder if Ahmet Ertugen makes an appearance. Be a good selling point.

"In 1969, Meredith Hunter died at a Stones show. See "Shine a light" and watch the tradition continue".

That's knife in the back and one over the ear postin'!

1st June 2007 08:36 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i have never seen 'the last waltz', is it any good.
don't tell me about it....its on my list.

these guys are hollywood top dogs and i agree...it sould be above and beyond sight and sound.

To date the latest re-mastered DVD of the Last Waltz is in my opinion the greatest rock movie ever made in terms of quality and overall performances.Most Blockbusters etc have it for rent..a must see imho...The jam with Clapton/Robbie Robertson is worth it alone....
2nd June 2007 01:02 PM
Paranoid_Android Will this be theatrical release? Or a PBS/BBC release w/ the DVD soon to follow like The Dylan piece?
2nd June 2007 01:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Will this be theatrical release? Or a PBS/BBC release w/ the DVD soon to follow like The Dylan piece?

Most of the articles I've read say "theatrical release" on the 21st of September, PA.
3rd June 2007 04:32 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Most of the articles I've read say "theatrical release" on the 21st of September, PA.

OMG!!! MEG knows i exist...she replied to ME!!!

MEG, you hot piece of talent...you totally made my weekend!!!

Sorry I missed you at Tom's BBQ,
3rd June 2007 04:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
fortunately, Gazza's 'sources' were way off on this one.... 2008 - HA!

sadly, I will not be marching around town holding my "GAZZA" sign this weekend. Instead I will walk around with my head hung in shame.

Hee-hee. One poster on IORR (the same poster who claimed the European tour would have lots of arena and club shows) posted that she had been talking to Scorsese at Cannes last week and that he had personally told her it may be delayed to 2008. The very next day the release date was confirmed, and it was the same as has been reported now for months. Utter B.S.
3rd June 2007 04:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Wonder if Ahmet Ertugen makes an appearance. Be a good selling point.

Christ. LOL
4th June 2007 07:11 AM
corgi37 Hey, rock and roll takes no prisoners!
4th June 2007 08:29 AM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, I'm looking forward to this since I was there on the first night. I'd love to here if they edited out the boos that Clinton got when giving his dull speech!

good question... surely they must have???
4th June 2007 08:59 AM
Gazza If they can overdub music, dub in crowd shots and edit it to make the entire audience look like a bunch of nubile 20 year olds, then losing a few boos should be a piece of piss
4th June 2007 09:33 AM
jostorm So what does nubile, 20 year old glencar look like exactly???
4th June 2007 10:01 AM
luxury1 throbby will be in it-- nubile, but certainly not 20...
4th June 2007 11:54 AM
Lord Homosex Scorses knows good music, for sure. And he knows movie making. I am just not convinced that he is good at marrying those two.
4th June 2007 01:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
Scorses knows good music, for sure. And he knows movie making. I am just not convinced that he is good at marrying those two.

No Direction Home and The Last Waltz have me convinced that he does.

His only 2 music films and theyre two of the three or four greatest music movies ever made.

Two shots, two goals.
4th June 2007 01:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG Gotta agree with Gazza.

If anyone can make the boys look good..Scorsese can.
I anxiously await this flick.
4th June 2007 02:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
So what does nubile, 20 year old glencar look like exactly???

Frighteningly and surprisingly hot.
4th June 2007 02:53 PM
Saint Sway I've seen some early clips of the Scorcese film

theres a brief scene stealing cameo by Sai Wong at the end that will have critics talking Oscar
4th June 2007 03:34 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I've seen some early clips of the Scorcese film

theres a brief scene stealing cameo by Sai Wong at the end that will have critics talking Oscar

Oscar Hammerstein?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)