ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Biggest Bang Songs Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st May 2007 03:48 PM
_Boomy_ I think that this will be a pretty bad seller, especially since it's only licensed through one company.

"Four Flicks" was released closer to the holiday season, too, if I recall.

I will purchase it, but I'm afraid it won't do well at all.
31st May 2007 04:08 PM
MidnightRambler I don't think this time around the Stones camp care if the set does well. Their big baby that REALLY matters and they want to promote is "Shine A Light." They prolly don't wanna make a huge fuss over this because another larger (more exciting) Stones product is rolling out in just 3 months time with the Scorcese project.

Four Flicks was a different story...they advertised the hell outta it because that was the only thing they were leaning on in terms of DVDs. Joe Public needed to get this set because that was the only thing the Stones were putting out.

If the stones camp went full throttle with the "Biggest Bang" campaign and then went another round of hoopla in September for "Shine A Light" Joe Public would have ignored the latter project. The Stones would be (yet again) over saturating the public's attention. One big release/event at a time from the Stones..seems to sit well with public.

Perhaps they could have just scrapped "The Biggest Bang" all together and just rely on Shine A Light to do the job..but they already planned out the biggest bang way before Scorcese came up and it would have been a lot of money and time wasted. Plus, to follow with tradition, they have to release a DVD that documents well the ABB tour. "Shine A Light" really doesn't cut it.

31st May 2007 04:38 PM
wgwalsh Sometimes the works sprout different branches of presentation, fills and riffs that have not seen or heard before. Could be the reasoning behind 3x and 2x...works still in progress. Critism before the fact is jumping to conclusions, usually false ones.

Be patient and wait until all of the information is at hand.

We are all works in process. None of us are the same as we were when we were 12 years old and so forth. We continue to grow and develop into something unique.

Give the guys a break. We are truly lucky to still have them doing what they do best. Most people at those ages are lucky to be working because health issues take over, often at the drop of a hat.
31st May 2007 04:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
wgwalsh wrote:
Give the guys a break. We are truly lucky to still have them doing what they do best. Most people at those ages are lucky to be working because health issues take over, often at the drop of a hat.

good point.

we must take in account their senility for the reason they are virtually repeating the Four Flicks dvd.

Lord knows they probably forgot about what they ate for breakfast this morning... we seriously cant expect them to remember the last DVD box they hawked us.
31st May 2007 10:49 PM
Soldatti
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I think that this will be a pretty bad seller, especially since it's only licensed through one company.

"Four Flicks" was released closer to the holiday season, too, if I recall.

I will purchase it, but I'm afraid it won't do well at all.

It won't sell worse than Live Licks. I think 100k is sure.
Back to Four Flicks, it sold 53k in U.S during the first week and has sold 360,000 copies to date. If the new DVD reaches half of that (25k during the first week, 150k total) all the parts will be satisfied.
Even if it sells 1/3 of Four Flicks, a Top 3 chart debut and a 5x Platinum certification is not bad at all.
1st June 2007 08:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Yes, Too many repeats as was stated. Instead they could of thrown in at-least six gems, or maybe seven that would be suprises. Do we really need Miss You twice? Or Rain Fall Down twice? Do we need three versions of Wild Horses for cryin out loud???

This is what pretty much upsets me about the track listings.

Satisfaction 3x
Wild Horses 3x
You Got Me Rocking 2x
Let's Spend The Night Together 2x
Get Off Of My Cloud 2x
Honky Tonk Women 2x
Jumping Jack Flash 2x
Brown Sugar 2x
Rain Fall Down 2x
Miss You 2x
Rough Justice 2x
It's Only Rock & Roll 2x
Happy 2x

Sure keep the warehorses. That is needed as any Stones DVD set. But limit them to one, or in a few instances maybe two versions.

With the remaining they could, and should of thrown in some obscurities and a handfull of gems.

I think it is way too full of repeated Warehorses. Ok Jumpin Jack, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction we could have twice. But most of the others are not needed more than once. Why have Lets Spend The Night Together Twice? Way Too many repeated warehorses. I think we could of had only four songs that were repeated. Period. then six or seven different, not the norm type tracks.

Ian

I think the problem with that, Ian, is that if they limit those songs to one performance each, then youre only going to get maybe 60-70 minutes of each of the featured shows - and by doing that there would be more discontent at those shows being too brief than there is at songs being duplicated.

I can understand this being done with Austin and Rio which are only a few songs short of being full shows, but if youre only including 5 songs from Buenos Aires for example, the point of featuring Satisfaction from that show when its already featured on the Rio and Austin discs escapes me.
1st June 2007 03:41 PM
_Boomy_ This will be a piss-poor seller!

They are jacking up the #'s by putting it out as a 4-disc set!

Shlacked! Bammed! Play "Brown Sugar" three times, maestro...once ain't enough.

I love me some Rolling Stones (INC).
1st June 2007 06:33 PM
Bloozehound All this DVDs gonna do is prove what a unexpected fluke Four Flicks was out of the Stones recent releases

I'm still going to get it and party down with the Schlitz on the 55' phat screen
3rd June 2007 03:55 PM
HotLegs As a lurker here I have tried to read all the threads on the Biggest Bang DVD, but haven't seen this addressed. If it's been answered than I apologize. My question is, has anyone figuredout what the deal is with the Canada release possibly getting more songs? Originally I had heard that the Canada tracklist was a mistake and that it was going to be the same as the US release. However, the official Canada Best Buy website has the below listed tracklist with more songs (here is the actual link http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFSM2135230&catid=20486&PCName=biggestbang&logon=&langid=EN ) where as the official US Best Buy website has the shorter songlist. Thanks!

** tracklist from Official Canada Best Buy Site

Number of Discs: 4-Discs

Disc 1: Austin (Full Concert - 100 Minutes)

1. You Got Me Rocking
2. Let's Spend The Night Together
3. She's So Cold
4. Oh No Not You Again
5. Sway
6. Bob Wills Is Still The King
7. Streets of Love
8. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
9. Bitch
10. Tumbling Dice
11. Learning The Game
12. Little T & A
13. Under My Thumb
14. Get Off My Cloud
15. Start Me Up
16. Honky Tonk Women
17. Sympathy For The Devil
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
20. Brown Sugar
Bonus Features:5:45 Min Featurette on the Austin Show
I "Can't Be Satisfied" from Milan, Italy (Blues Jam)
Jukebox

Disc 2: Rio (Full Concert - 95 Minutes)

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Wild Horses
4. Rain Fall Down
5. Midnight Rambler
6. Night Time Is The Right Time
7. Happy
8. Miss You
9. Rough Justice
10. Get Off My Cloud
11. Honky Tonk Women
12. Sympathy For The Devil
13. Start Me Up
14. Brown Sugar
15. You Can't Always Get What You Want
16. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
Bonus Feature: 25 Min National Geographic feature

Disc 3: Japan, Argentina & Shanghai Plus Bonus Material

Saitama Concert - 30 Min
1. Let's Spend The Night Together
2. Rain Fall Down
3. Rough Justice
4. Start Me Up
5. Brown Sugar

Shanghai Concert - 35 Min
1. Bitch
2. Wild Horses
3. Midnight Rambler
4. Gimme Shelter
5. This Place Is Empty
6. It's Only Rock And Roll

Argentina Concert - 40 Min
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. Shattered
3. Worried About You
4. Happy
5. Miss You
6. Paint It Black
7. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Bonus Features:
Duet "Featurettes" Including: (20 Min) (B-roll with Some Performance Footage)
Bonnie Raitt - "Shine A Light" featurette
Eddie Vedder - "Wild Horses" featurette
Dave Mathews - "Let It Bleed" featurette
Buddy Guy - "Night Time, Is The Right Time" featurette

Duets Including: (20 Min) TBD (Performance Footage Only)
Bonnie Raitt - "Shine A Light"
Eddie Vedder - "Wild Horses"
Dave Mathews - "Let It Bleed"
Buddy Guy - "Night Time, Is The Right Time"
Jukebox

Disc 4: Tour Documentary Plus Duets & Bonus Songs
(A Bigger Bang Tour Documentary - 100 Min)

"Let Me Have it All" - Chapter Listing
1. Tour Rehearsals & Club Show
2. Boston - Opening Night at Fenway Park
3. Sympathy - Montage
4. Super Bowl
5. Back of my Hand
6. Rio
7. Buenos Aires
8. Shattered
9. China
10. Extended break
11. Milan
12. Midnight Rambler - Montage
13. Vancouver - End of Tour

Bonus Features:
Archive Duet Performances: (20 Min) (Some Duets TBD)
1. "Salt Of The Earth" with Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin of Guns ‘N Roses
2. "Little Red Rooster" with Eric Clapton
3. "No Expectations" with Lenny Kravitz
4. "Let It Bleed" with Hubert Sumlin

Bonus Songs (Never Before Release)
Get Up, Stand Up - Toronto Club Show 08/10/05 - Toronto
Mr. Pitiful - Toronto Club Show 08/10/05 - Toronto
Virtual Ticket Hot Link
Virtual Store Hot Link

Audio:
Stereo - English
5.1 Surround Sound - English
DTS Surround Sound - English
Interactive Features:
Scene Access
Interactive Menus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Distributor:
Release Format: DVD
Original Release Date:
UPC: 674797502292
SKU: 2135230
Closed Captioned: Y
Color: Color
Extra Info:
3rd June 2007 04:03 PM
artinis1 from nick,

would the version from canada play on a domestic dvd recorder from the usa,
3rd June 2007 04:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
artinis1 wrote:
from nick,

would the version from canada play on a domestic dvd recorder from the usa,

Yes. Both countries use Region 1 (NTSC)

Seems strange that there would only be extra songs in a version which is released in what is a relatively small market

many thanks (and welcome) to Hotlegs for posting the detailed tracklisting
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd June 2007 04:28 PM
HotLegs If Canada is region 1 like the US, and that's the correct track list, then I'm definately gonna wait and order it from Canada, even if it's a little more $$.
3rd June 2007 04:32 PM
Gazza Maybe the info on the US Best Buy track list is just out of date?
3rd June 2007 04:58 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Maybe the info on the US Best Buy track list is just out of date?

maybe, but all the DVDs on ebay have the same tracklist as the American Best Buy.
3rd June 2007 07:06 PM
The_Worst
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:
I don't think this time around the Stones camp care if the set does well. Their big baby that REALLY matters and they want to promote is "Shine A Light." They prolly don't wanna make a huge fuss over this because another larger (more exciting) Stones product is rolling out in just 3 months time with the Scorcese project.

Four Flicks was a different story...they advertised the hell outta it because that was the only thing they were leaning on in terms of DVDs. Joe Public needed to get this set because that was the only thing the Stones were putting out.

If the stones camp went full throttle with the "Biggest Bang" campaign and then went another round of hoopla in September for "Shine A Light" Joe Public would have ignored the latter project. The Stones would be (yet again) over saturating the public's attention. One big release/event at a time from the Stones..seems to sit well with public.

Perhaps they could have just scrapped "The Biggest Bang" all together and just rely on Shine A Light to do the job..but they already planned out the biggest bang way before Scorcese came up and it would have been a lot of money and time wasted. Plus, to follow with tradition, they have to release a DVD that documents well the ABB tour. "Shine A Light" really doesn't cut it.

You nailed it. "Shine a Light" will have tons of press coverage much like Four Flicks because it's Scorcese. If the Stones pushed this thing alot in June & they pushed another DVD in September the Stones probably wouldn't sell alot of either. I'm sure they believe they will be able to hit the break-even sales figure for The Biggest Bang relatively easy-anything over is gravy. However, if "Shine a Light" is anything like "No Direction Home" or "The Last Waltz" it could be a huge success for the Stones. What I want to know is since it appears that there is no live CD release from the Bigger Bang tour will there be a release of the "Shine a Light" soundtrack? Both the Last Waltz & No Direction Home had soundtracks released as well. I predict this will happen as well!!!
3rd June 2007 08:30 PM
HotLegs
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Maybe the info on the US Best Buy track list is just out of date?

Actually some people on the Stones website iorr.org have found the US version on the shelves and it's the US Best Buy tracklist, so I guess I'll just have to wait until someone from Canada gets theirs and see what their actual tracklist turns out to be..
3rd June 2007 08:49 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Loving Cup, All Down The Line, and She Was Hot from the Atlantic City show would have been PERFECT.

All too true...toss in the Streets Of Love from AC and you all would have had your PERFECT JEMS!!!!

PERFECT...There, I had to say it again!!!

Thx again Mary !
3rd June 2007 09:04 PM
Paranoid_Android I can't effin believe it...the Canadians get an extra START ME UP...lucky frozen bastards that you are...NOT FAIR NOT FAIR!!!

4th June 2007 03:15 AM
maumau
quote:
Gazza wrote:
but if youre only including 5 songs from Buenos Aires for example, the point of featuring Satisfaction from that show when its already featured on the Rio and Austin discs escapes me.

though i completely agree with your analysis, i would say that that if any "creative sense" has to be considered in the track listing, the selection of BA (as those from saitama - NO RAMBLER FROM THAT!!! - and shangai - are structured as microsetlists with a start-middle-end to give a little sense of how the show is built. Besides the BA end with satisfaction if i remember is spectacular for the audience going definitively nuts so..maybe...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)