ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Biggest Bang Songs Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th May 2007 11:23 AM
MRD8 DVD1 Austin, TX
Intro
You Got Me Rocking
Let's Spend The Night Together
She's So Cold
Oh No, Not You Again
Sway
Bob Wills Is Still The King
Streets Of Love
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Tumbling Dice
Learning The Game
Little T&A
Under My Thumb
Get Off Of My Cloud
Honky Tonk Women
Sympathy For The Devil
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar

Bonus Features
Austin Mini Documentary
i Can't Be Satisfied Milan, Italy
Jukebox Feature

DVD2 Rio
Intro
Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock & Roll
You Got Me Rocking
Wild Horses
Rain Fall Down
Night Time Is The Right Time
Happy
Miss You
Rough Justice
Get Off Of My Cloud
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
YCAGWYW
Satisfaction
Bonus Feature
Rio Documentary

DVD3 Rest Of The World
Saitama
Intro
Let's Spend The Night Together
Sapporo(segue)
Rain Fall Down
Tokyo Dome(segue)
Rough Justice
Cherry Blossoms(segue)
Shanghai, China
Bitch
Midnight Rambler
Gimme Shelter
This Place Is Empty
That's What I Do(segue)
It's Only Rock & Roll
China, Slow Process(segue)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Worried About You
Football Chant(segue)
Happy
Miss You
Ronnie & Audience(segue)
Paint It Black
Satisfaction

Featurettes
Bonnie Raitt Shine A Light
eddie Vedder Wild Horses
Dave Matthews Let It Bleed

Jukebox Feature

DVD4 Bonus Material
Salt Of The Earth Bigger Bang Tour Documentary
Bonus Songs
Get Up Stand Up
Mr. Pitiful

Bonus Features
If It Ain't Got That Swing Charlie Watts
Hurricane Keith Richards
Outlets Of Emotion Ron Wood
Busking Mick Jagger

[Edited by MRD8]
30th May 2007 11:30 AM
Joey

Thanks So Much MRD8

Joey !
30th May 2007 11:46 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im a little dissapointed that "She was Hot" didnt make it on there.
30th May 2007 11:56 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Im a little dissapointed that "She was Hot" didnt make it on there.

the multiple versions of Satisfaction, Miss You, IORR and HTW will more than make up for it
30th May 2007 12:11 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

the multiple versions of Satisfaction, Miss You, IORR and HTW will more than make up for it

lol
30th May 2007 12:28 PM
Voodoo Scrounge I didnt set my expectations too high for this dvd. So far, Im glad.

You never get the same buzz watching a dvd as you do actually being there.

There is nothing on these dvds which will blow my mind, Im sure.

I have to say that the stones stopped 'blowing my mind' about 25 years ago.
30th May 2007 03:34 PM
gimmekeef If the sound is DTS 5.1...I'll be blastin it on my Denon at full throttle.....
30th May 2007 04:18 PM
Steel Wheels 5.1 will blow minds.

I'm listening to it through a Marantz THX rig with vintage Carver amps for each speaker.

4 Flicks was so good. This can only be...bigger and better! BRING IT ON!
30th May 2007 05:08 PM
Some Guy I'm in.
30th May 2007 06:09 PM
texile i was in austin...
i'm exited.
30th May 2007 06:51 PM
Some Guy I'm out.
30th May 2007 08:54 PM
ebmp Oh my god! Tumbling Dice was the best moment in rio and it's not included! What a fucking shame!

The moment Mick jagger came clapping into the crowd, with the Copacabana Palace on the background was awesome
[Edited by ebmp]
30th May 2007 09:58 PM
glencar
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I didnt set my expectations too high for this dvd. So far, Im glad.

You never get the same buzz watching a dvd as you do actually being there.

There is nothing on these dvds which will blow my mind, Im sure.

I have to say that the stones stopped 'blowing my mind' about 25 years ago.

I thought you were about 25?
31st May 2007 02:36 AM
IanBillen
Not the worst track listing I suppose. Although there are some songs that I wish I could see live on this particular DVD set:

Stray Cats Blues
She was Hot
Sweet Viginia
Rock and a Hard Place
Love is Strong
19th Nervous Breakedown
If you Can't Rock Me

I'd like to see these. All in All I think they could of put these in there somewhere. I am kinda dis-satisfied in that the warehorses are again so prevelant on this package. Sure they are needed in order to sell it. However, I think they could of thrown in more gems on one of the Discs.

Still I'll buy it ofcoarse.

Ian

31st May 2007 02:43 AM
marko Did they even play rock and a hard place or stray cat blues
on this tour.
31st May 2007 03:06 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
marko wrote:
Did they even play rock and a hard place or stray cat blues
on this tour.

No they didn't. Unless I'm mistaken, they played Rock And A Hard Place on the Licks tour, but only once. Gillette Stadium?

Back to the DVD set. I think the track listing looks pretty damn good. I've already seen Buenos Aeries and Saitima, but Austin and all the extra's is something to be excited about I think.
31st May 2007 05:27 AM
IanBillen
quote:
marko wrote:
Did they even play rock and a hard place or stray cat blues
on this tour.

I was not sure at all. Actually I had no idea. I was just saying I really wish I could have those songs live on this supposed audio and visual upscale DVD since it is really supposed to be pretty audio and visually stunning and they would be gems to have on this thing.

Incidentally my three favs for Four flicks were Monkey Man, Worried about You, and kinda strangely I will have to admit Start me Up from the club show

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
31st May 2007 05:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought you were about 25?

No, Im actually 23. But I was speaking in terms of the Stones music. The last stones music to really take my breath away was on "Still Life".

How many years ago was that?
31st May 2007 07:43 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I was at one of the shows, the one in Buenos Aires and let me tell ya... that's gonna be the highlight of the DVD set you'll love it!
31st May 2007 01:23 PM
Saint Sway way too many unnecessary repeats - 13 songs repeated!!! Do we need multiple versions of any of these???

worst part is that these are all pretty much warhorses that they've been beating to death and putting out on every live dvd or cd (thanks, btw, Chuck. I cant wait to read on your bloated blog about how you helped to carefully select the songs by scouring thru all the Stones previous live releases to come up with new songs that the fans would love. LOL.)

Satisfaction 3x
Wild Horses 3x
You Got Me Rocking 2x
Let's Spend The Night Together 2x
Get Off Of My Cloud 2x
Honky Tonk Women 2x
Jumping Jack Flash 2x
Brown Sugar 2x
Rain Fall Down 2x
Miss You 2x
Rough Justice 2x
It's Only Rock & Roll 2x
Happy 2x

a few repeats is fine, but not 13 songs!! I'm sure that theres really great quality footage of 7 to ten other songs that they could of showcased instead.

She Was Hot?
Loving Cup?
All Down The Line?
Back Of My Hand?
Dead Flowers?
Undercover?
19th Nervous Breakdown?
You Got The Silver??
Far Away Eyes?
Beast Of Burden?
Live With Me?
Heartbreaker?
Out of Control?
Angie?
I'm Free?
The Worst?
Sweet Virginia?

ESPECIALLY: SWH, BOMH, ADTL, FAE and BOB because those songs were consistently performed at their best - they usually nailed those numbers

its just typical lazy-ass Stones not giving a shit about their fans and not caring about the quality of the product they put out. Another toss-off, like "Rarities".

its one thing if the old fuckbags just want to sit back and count their money and not dirty their hands with going thru footage - I'll give them that - but they employ over 200 people - so theres gotta be a few grunts that would be more than happy to work for them that can over see this project and put together a quality product and make sure theres something on it for everyone and not just a run of repeated material.

just rich, greedy, lazy motherfuckers - who clearly could care less
31st May 2007 01:34 PM
GotToRollMe Loving Cup, All Down The Line, and She Was Hot from the Atlantic City show would have been PERFECT.
31st May 2007 02:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I was at one of the shows, the one in Buenos Aires and let me tell ya... that's gonna be the highlight of the DVD set you'll love it!

I'm really looking forward to the Bonus feature on Disc 2 - "Drunken Voodoo Cam" - which shows clips of your dizzying hand-held camera footage
31st May 2007 02:22 PM
iluvmickjagger07 no beacon theater with christina?
31st May 2007 02:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
no beacon theater with christina!!!!

fixed.
31st May 2007 02:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
no beacon theater with christina?

Scorsese. Different project (and according to reports, opening on 21st September)
[Edited by Gazza]
31st May 2007 02:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
5.1 will blow minds.

I'm listening to it through a Marantz THX rig with vintage Carver amps for each speaker.

4 Flicks was so good. This can only be...bigger and better! BRING IT ON!

I honestly cant see how anyone can seriously imagine that the track listing for these shows are better than Four Flicks (the best official Stones release of the last 25 years IMO)

Didnt pay much attention to the track listing originally but having seen Sway's post, I have to agree that it appears to be a missed opportunity. I mean, who the fuck needs another three versions of 'Satisfaction' ?

The omission of 'As Tears Go By', which was played on more than enough shows to have been recorded for this release, is shocking. The true genuine surprise of the tour and the longest wait ever for a Stones song to be debuted (39 years!) and its not worthy of inclusion on a boxed set to commemorate the tour? Nonsensical.

Four Flicks worked perfectly, with minimal overlap of songs, because of the 3 different types of shows on that tour. The current tour doesnt have that luxury because the format of the shows changed little regardless of the size of venue. 13 songs (two thirds of the average Stones shows) overlapping merely confirms that.

I'm sure there'll be some great footage, but there's a severe case of missed opportunities here
31st May 2007 02:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Im a little dissapointed that "She was Hot" didnt make it on there.

The last show filmed for the DVD was Austin. She Was Hot was only played twice prior to that concert and wasnt performed in Austin. Pity.
31st May 2007 03:13 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The last show filmed for the DVD was Austin.

The Bonnie Raitt duet was filmed in Vancouver.
31st May 2007 03:17 PM
Gazza True. Good point. I suppose they just were filming selected songs by that stage, though as opposed to full shows.
31st May 2007 03:33 PM
IanBillen
Yes, Too many repeats as was stated. Instead they could of thrown in at-least six gems, or maybe seven that would be suprises. Do we really need Miss You twice? Or Rain Fall Down twice? Do we need three versions of Wild Horses for cryin out loud???

This is what pretty much upsets me about the track listings.

Satisfaction 3x
Wild Horses 3x
You Got Me Rocking 2x
Let's Spend The Night Together 2x
Get Off Of My Cloud 2x
Honky Tonk Women 2x
Jumping Jack Flash 2x
Brown Sugar 2x
Rain Fall Down 2x
Miss You 2x
Rough Justice 2x
It's Only Rock & Roll 2x
Happy 2x

Sure keep the warehorses. That is needed as any Stones DVD set. But limit them to one, or in a few instances maybe two versions.

With the remaining they could, and should of thrown in some obscurities and a handfull of gems.

I think it is way too full of repeated Warehorses. Ok Jumpin Jack, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction we could have twice. But most of the others are not needed more than once. Why have Lets Spend The Night Together Twice? Way Too many repeated warehorses. I think we could of had only four songs that were repeated. Period. then six or seven different, not the norm type tracks.

Ian
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)