ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The official European Tour setlist request thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
5th June 2007 07:53 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The results are in

We received votes for 161 different songs which is almost half of the Stones entire released catalogue (there were actually more than that but where someone listed more than 5 songs, I only counted the first five to be listed) There were over 50 songs from BOTH the 60's and the 70's.

The runaway winner was Laugh, I Nearly Died

The Top 10 (or actually, 11) was as follows :

1. Laugh, I Nearly Died
2. Out of Time
3. Let It Loose
4. Let Me Down Slow
5. Slave
6. Comin' Down Again
7. Dance Little Sister
8(Tie). Child Of The Moon
8(Tie). Emotional Rescue
10. (Tie) - Loving Cup
10. (Tie) - 100 Years Ago

Aside from 'Comin Down Again' the most requested songs in Keith's solo set were Little T&A and You Got the Silver, although both were matched in the voting by Ronnie's "I Can Feel The Fire".

There were votes for 9 different songs from 'A Bigger Bang', although 'Laugh' and 'Let Me Down Slow' polled more between them than the rest combined.

Thanks to everyone who voted. I've now sent the results in and hopefully the Stones might dust off a few of them at some point in the tour.
[Edited by Gazza]

unfortunateky i don't think they've rehearsed too many of those. BTW Gazza, Jet are awesome live, i saw them in March, 10x better than Feeder at Twickers last yr
5th June 2007 08:10 AM
Gazza yes, I've heard good reports about Jet....

Wouldnt worry too much about the lack of rehearsals for those songs. I expected that due to the short notice we got plus the fact that they only rehearsed ten days and were already started. Its not unheard of for them to try a few new things at soundchecks or at rehearsals during the tour with aview to a future performance - plus, after all, a lot of the songs they DID rehearse in Belgium only were run through a few times.

If they are going to do something not rehearsed so far, the week they have in London is probably the best bet.
5th June 2007 08:13 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yes, I've heard good reports about Jet....

Wouldnt worry too much about the lack of rehearsals for those songs. I expected that due to the short notice we got plus the fact that they only rehearsed ten days and were already started. Its not unheard of for them to try a few new things at soundchecks or at rehearsals during the tour with aview to a future performance - plus, after all, a lot of the songs they DID rehearse in Belgium only were run through a few times.

If they are going to do something not rehearsed so far, the week they have in London is probably the best bet.

true, I think Sway was tried at Soundcheck???
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)