ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The official European Tour setlist request thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
1st June 2007 07:31 AM
Gazza I'll be closing this thread tomorrow (Saturday) at midnight UK time and forwarding the info on then, so still time to get a few more requests in.

If youve submitted more than 5 songs, I'll only be counting the first five on your list, in which case you may wish to edit your request
1st June 2007 09:54 PM
Highwire Rob HIGHWIRE !

Wouldn't that look great on Charlie's plexi-glass list! Nice and big to read 'cause the boys are getting older.

I can't make it to Europe but I sure as hell would buy the live video!
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
1st June 2007 10:12 PM
LadyJane Now that we have "hints" at what's been rehearsed, perhaps we should edit to "push" for certain songs.

Hmmmmmm...just a thought.

Thanks, Gazza.

To have a chance to send a request to Europe is beyond me.

No words..just "thank you"

LJ.
1st June 2007 11:18 PM
Bitch I cant believe no one chose this classic!

19th Nervous Breakdown
Have You Seen Your mother baby
When The Whip Comes Down
Starfucker, starstar
Respectable

Laugh I Nearly Died
2nd June 2007 01:18 PM
beast Stray Cat Blues
Torn and Frayed
I Go Wild
Route 66
Let It Loose
2nd June 2007 03:16 PM
stewed & Keefed Laugh I Nearly Died

Salt of the Earth

Shine A Light

Parachute Woman

Dancing With MR D
2nd June 2007 05:20 PM
qwer Dance Litte Sister
Jiving Sister Fanny
Fancy Man Blues
Jah is not dead
Out of time
2nd June 2007 11:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Gazza, we have more request in our Message Board in Spanish, Estela already gave you a summary but many more regulars posted later

PAGE 1
http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7275

PAGE 2
http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7275&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

Let me check if I can make a summary for ya
3rd June 2007 10:04 AM
BOBM Have You Seen Your Mother Baby [Standing in the Shadow]
Mother's Little Helper
19th Nervous Breakdown
Some Girls
Rocks Off
3rd June 2007 10:45 AM
open-g
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'll be closing this thread tomorrow (Saturday) at midnight UK time and forwarding the info on then, so still time to get a few more requests in.

If youve submitted more than 5 songs, I'll only be counting the first five on your list, in which case you may wish to edit your request

As you've probably forwarded the list already, what does it look like?
eagerly waiting, you know...

btw, I like your avatar
3rd June 2007 12:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Gazza, we have more request in our Message Board in Spanish, Estela already gave you a summary but many more regulars posted later

PAGE 1
http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7275

PAGE 2
http://rocksoff.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7275&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

Let me check if I can make a summary for ya

I have them all, thanks. Estela edited her posts to include them. Thanks for all your requests. Wont be counting any more and will forward the results on and post the info here later.
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd June 2007 03:12 PM
Gazza The results are in

We received votes for 161 different songs which is almost half of the Stones entire released catalogue (there were actually more than that but where someone listed more than 5 songs, I only counted the first five to be listed) There were over 50 songs from BOTH the 60's and the 70's.

The runaway winner was Laugh, I Nearly Died

The Top 10 (or actually, 11) was as follows :

1. Laugh, I Nearly Died
2. Out of Time
3. Let It Loose
4. Let Me Down Slow
5. Slave
6. Comin' Down Again
7. Dance Little Sister
8(Tie). Child Of The Moon
8(Tie). Emotional Rescue
10. (Tie) - Loving Cup
10. (Tie) - 100 Years Ago

Aside from 'Comin Down Again' the most requested songs in Keith's solo set were Little T&A and You Got the Silver, although both were matched in the voting by Ronnie's "I Can Feel The Fire".

There were votes for 9 different songs from 'A Bigger Bang', although 'Laugh' and 'Let Me Down Slow' polled more between them than the rest combined.

Thanks to everyone who voted. I've now sent the results in and hopefully the Stones might dust off a few of them at some point in the tour.
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd June 2007 03:23 PM
open-g

Well done, Gazza.
amazing that Out Of Time got to #2

can you tell us how many votes each song got and how many ppl/voters were attending?

anyway, good job.
[Edited by open-g]
3rd June 2007 03:37 PM
sssoul yeah, thanks very much Gazza! and if the numbers are handy
it would be interesting to know how many votes the runaway winner got.
(also, if it's not too late and just in case it seems becoming to spell it right ...
the title is Coming [not Comin'] Down Again.)
[Edited by sssoul]
3rd June 2007 04:03 PM
Gazza Laugh I Nearly Died got 28
Out of Time 20, let It loose 19

Only the songs listed polled double figures. A LOT of the songs only got 1-3 votes each.

Sounds low, but when theres 161 songs being chosen it tends to 'split' the vote considerably.

[Edited by Gazza]
3rd June 2007 04:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
open-g wrote:

As you've probably forwarded the list already, what does it look like?
eagerly waiting, you know...

btw, I like your avatar

Thought you might. Thanks for 'providing' it
3rd June 2007 04:25 PM
open-g
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thought you might. Thanks for 'providing' it

Always a pleasure, mate
3rd June 2007 04:37 PM
Keith The Beast Nice list but too bad One Hit To The Body and Highwire aren't there. I find them to be closer to what the Stones might feel like are strong enough to use to substitute some other song they've been playing already than say Out of Time, which is an amazing song but might no be so exciting live.
3rd June 2007 04:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
Keith The Beast wrote:
Nice list but too bad One Hit To The Body and Highwire aren't there. I find them to be closer to what the Stones might feel like are strong enough to use to substitute some other song they've been playing already than say Out of Time, which is an amazing song but might no be so exciting live.

I really think Out of Time will be an absolute show stopper of a stadium. Infectious chorus and a song that EVERYBODY knows.

I'd love to hear the two you mentioned though. They dropped One Hit in 1989 however because Keith & Ronnie felt they couldnt master the intro. Doubt we'll ever hear it again if thats anything to go by.
3rd June 2007 05:58 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The results are in

We received votes for 161 different songs which is almost half of the Stones entire released catalogue (there were actually more than that but where someone listed more than 5 songs, I only counted the first five to be listed) There were over 50 songs from BOTH the 60's and the 70's.

The runaway winner was Laugh, I Nearly Died

The Top 10 (or actually, 11) was as follows :

1. Laugh, I Nearly Died
2. Out of Time
3. Let It Loose
4. Let Me Down Slow
5. Slave
6. Comin' Down Again
7. Dance Little Sister
8(Tie). Child Of The Moon
8(Tie). Emotional Rescue
10. (Tie) - Loving Cup
10. (Tie) - 100 Years Ago

Aside from 'Comin Down Again' the most requested songs in Keith's solo set were Little T&A and You Got the Silver, although both were matched in the voting by Ronnie's "I Can Feel The Fire".

There were votes for 9 different songs from 'A Bigger Bang', although 'Laugh' and 'Let Me Down Slow' polled more between them than the rest combined.

Thanks to everyone who voted. I've now sent the results in and hopefully the Stones might dust off a few of them at some point in the tour.
[Edited by Gazza]

Thanks so much for all the work you've put into this, Gazza, as well as giving us the opportunity to take part. I see your big fave came in at #1! (Take that, all you naysayers...lol!) I'm also tickled pink that both "Let It Loose" and "Loving Cup" made the Top 10. I wish all of you guys could've seen them do "Loving Cup" in AC last November. Along with "All Down The Line," it was truly a jawdropper! Keeping my fingers crossed that we get to hear it some time this summer!

And yes, "Out Of Time" would be absolutely incredible to hear live! Come on boys, shake it up! (I must email Chuck immediately! )

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
3rd June 2007 06:57 PM
LadyJane Thank you Gazza!!!

I really think Out of Time has a shot.

LJ.
4th June 2007 05:19 AM
Jumacfly many thanks Gazza!
you rule!!

4th June 2007 09:26 AM
fanfucker
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I really think Out of Time will be an absolute show stopper of a stadium. Infectious chorus and a song that EVERYBODY knows.

I'd love to hear the two you mentioned though. They dropped One Hit in 1989 however because Keith & Ronnie felt they couldnt master the intro. Doubt we'll ever hear it again if thats anything to go by.

Hello Gazza,

starfucker
coming down again
let it loose
all about you
loving cup

memo from turner
highwire
torn and frayed....
we can dream!!!
4th June 2007 12:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The results are in

7. Dance Little Sister

NICE!

the b-stage anxiously awaits
4th June 2007 01:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
And yes, "Out Of Time" would be absolutely incredible to hear live! Come on boys, shake it up! (I must email Chuck immediately! )

Go right ahead. make him aware of it. We may as well use all avenues open to us.
4th June 2007 02:22 PM
Saint Sway I think Mick is gonna be thrilled to see that the fans voted for LIND as the #1 pick. Its gotta make him feel good that with all the great songs in their catalog that they diehards still voted 2 songs from the new record in the Top 4 picks.

I'm sure he finds that encouraging and refreshing to know that not all fans just want to hear the Forty Licks oldies

and it'll be interesting to see if they actually add LIND to the show. I think it can be a crowd pleaser the same way that Out of Control & Saint Of Me became big crowd favorites during the Bridges tour
5th June 2007 01:27 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Go right ahead. make him aware of it. We may as well use all avenues open to us.

Done! I emailed him last year before the U.S. leg and we got a few surprises. Can't hurt, that's for sure!

5th June 2007 05:09 AM
Juha Stop Breaking Down
Waiting On A fried
Losing My Touch
5th June 2007 05:57 AM
fanfucker
quote:
Juha wrote:
Stop Breaking Down
Waiting On A fried
Losing My Touch

blue turns to grey
5th June 2007 07:34 AM
Gazza er..we stopped taking requests 3 days ago, guys...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)