ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in Belgium - rehearsals Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
29th May 2007 01:04 PM
bootcover Some picks I've took on monday, click on the links if you want to see them

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3553/dsc03502xuy8.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/993/dsc03506xjp1.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5376/dsc03513xin5.jpg

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2443/dsc03516xjp7.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4823/dsc03524xsn8.jpg

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6194/dsc03527xxj1.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3708/dsc03526xfx9.jpg
29th May 2007 01:24 PM
LadyJane Pretty damned close to Keith, bootcover!!!!

Any citings of Mick??

LJ.

29th May 2007 01:53 PM
twicks1 Unless I'm mistaken, not one tune from A Bigger Bang rehearsed yet.
29th May 2007 02:08 PM
erikjjf
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, not one tune from A Bigger Bang rehearsed yet.

Oh No Not You Again
Infamy
29th May 2007 02:58 PM
twicks1 Somehow I missed those. My bad.
29th May 2007 03:58 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Hi Marco!
will you be in Rome??
29th May 2007 04:14 PM
Saint Sway Omaha summit??
29th May 2007 04:53 PM
MRD8 I'm surprised they haven't done She Was Hot yet...it was a highlight of the shows they played here in the US last fall, thought for sure they'd do it in Europe!
We all know what they rehearse means very little, don't we?
29th May 2007 05:29 PM
Saint Sway I guess they're saving "Dance Little Sister" for MSG in September
29th May 2007 07:42 PM
GotToRollMe Here are bootcover's images for those who have problems viewing Imageshack photos. (Thanks bootcover...really great pics of Keith!)

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
29th May 2007 07:56 PM
Gazza Songs rehearsed this evening :

Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Live With Me
Oh No Not You Again
She's So Cold
Bitch
Memory Motel
Sway
Rocks Off
Tumbling Dice
"James Brown style" soul/funk song
Wild Horses 2x
Worried About You 2x
Can't Be Seen 2x
You Don't Have To Mean It 2x
Infamy 2x

Source : iorr.org
29th May 2007 08:27 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the photos, GTRM!!..can't see the imageshack
and thanks, bootcover for sharing
30th May 2007 10:16 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Omaha summit??

Ha! Good one!

I'd go with this one though:

30th May 2007 04:32 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Here are bootcover's images downsized 50% for those who have problems viewing Imageshack photos. (Thanks bootcover...really great pics of Keith!)

thanks for doing these up

awesome photos
30th May 2007 06:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Songs rehearsed this evening :

"James Brown style" soul/funk song
Source : iorr.org

This has now been confirmed as the Sly & The Family Stone classic "Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin"

Maybe Bernard had a hand in suggesting this one, as (like some of you) I recall him doing a pretty good version of it with Dumpstaphunk at BB King's club after the 2nd MSG show in January 2006

Today's rehearsals as of Marco(Bootcover)'s last update on IORR :

Heartbreaker
Out of Control
When the whip comes down
Love is Strong
Waiting on a friend
Far Away Eyes
Can't You Hear Me Knocking

[Edited by Gazza]
30th May 2007 06:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't done She Was Hot yet...it was a highlight of the shows they played here in the US last fall, thought for sure they'd do it in Europe!
We all know what they rehearse means very little, don't we?

Maybe but you have to remember we're used to them rehearsing for 5-6 weeks before a world tour and then dropping most of the 150 or so songs that they rehearsed

This is somewhat different. They havent been off the road for three years - just six months. Plus, the rehearsals only started 10 days or so before the date of the first show.

When theyre at that stage of the rehearsal process in Toronto before a world tour, theyre pretty much at the stage where theyve played a club show as a warm up and they would already have a general idea of what theyre going to be playing when the tour starts.

The tour is now only six days away. At this stage, it wouldnt make a lot of sense to still be working on songs that - for the most part - they have little intention of performing.
30th May 2007 07:51 PM
MRD8 Gazza,
You are correct in that line of thinking...if they do play most of the ones they are rehearsing at some point in the tour then maybe Europe will get their most varied setlists since the Stripped Voodoo Lounge shows!
30th May 2007 09:41 PM
PartyDoll MEG Here is the complete list from IORR.org for tonight.(Thank You!!) BV says they played Thief In the Night for over 30 minutes, every time they went to end it, they started up again. He also said that Out of Control is sounding great.

* Heartbreaker
* Out Of Control
* When The Whip Comes Down
* Love Is Strong 2x
* Waiting On A friend
* Far Away Eyes
* Slipping Away
* All About You
* Wanna Hold You
* Thief In The Night

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
31st May 2007 12:37 PM
Martha Ok. This is killing me. What meds can I take? I love the shots, but knowing I can't see the Stones this time out is very hard to take.

I'm thrilled for those of you who can see this leg of the tour. You are soooooooo damn lucky/blessed!

xxoo,
Martha
31st May 2007 05:31 PM
Spru A song like CYHMK (or OOC) is a must in their set-lists. They are great at the long jams, and they need another one in every set to go along w/ Midnight Rambler. Glad to see those two are getting rehearsed.
1st June 2007 05:58 AM
PartyDoll MEG Last nights list from IORR.org:
Played without breaks.

* Start Me Up
* Shattered
* Rough Justice
* Rocks Off
* Heartbreaker
* Sweet Virgina
* Can't You Hear Me Knocking
* Tumbling Dice
* Thank You ???
* I Wanna Hold You
* Slipping Away
* Under My Thumb
* It's All Over Now 2x
* It's Only Rock'n Roll
* Honky Tonk Women
* Jumping Jack Flash
* Brown Sugar
* Satisfaction

Sounds like a show "setlist" practice to me.
1st June 2007 07:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Could well be, and apart from the tired and overdone finale a pretty decent shake up.

However, its only 18 songs, which would be a bit shitty if thats the normal duration for the tour.
1st June 2007 07:15 AM
Gazza Rumour has it that the Stones will be meeting the press today at their rehearsal studios, and may even perform as well.

If it happens, no doubt it will be online at some point.
1st June 2007 07:42 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Could well be, and apart from the tired and overdone finale a pretty decent shake up.

However, its only 18 songs, which would be a bit shitty if thats the normal duration for the tour.

Yes, I counted too!! And I still didn't get SFM or Gimme Shelter or even Beast of Burden....

Hey..they are getting up in years..maybe they need to decrease the number of songs...

Oh I can hear it now.."and fricken lower the ticket prices..greedy Bastards"
1st June 2007 08:16 AM
corgi37 Love is strong is the perfect switch for Miss you.

Hope some of these songs actually do get played for all you Euro people.
1st June 2007 10:07 AM
gimmekeef It appears the "Thank You" song is by Sly Stone and will slide in where Nighttime was before.Nice upgrade if true...
1st June 2007 10:36 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Last nights list from IORR.org:
Played without breaks.

* Start Me Up
* Shattered
* Rough Justice
* Rocks Off
* Heartbreaker
* Sweet Virgina
* Can't You Hear Me Knocking
* Tumbling Dice
* Thank You ???
* I Wanna Hold You
* Slipping Away
* Under My Thumb
* It's All Over Now 2x
* It's Only Rock'n Roll
* Honky Tonk Women
* Jumping Jack Flash
* Brown Sugar
* Satisfaction

I trust that "Dance Little Sister" will be the encore.
1st June 2007 10:54 AM
Gazza To add to the list that Meg posted above, Bjornulf on IORR also posted the following :

This was more or less a complete show set list, including songs with Keith on vocals as well as the B-stage set.
Then Keith did a long set of rehearsing several songs. One of the great parts when they did several takes of "Losing My Touch". At 12 midnight sharp they stopped the rehearsals and saluted with "Happy Birthday Ronnie". Then an hour or so of party and jamming, then finishing off with a great long version of "Ventilator Blues", first with Bernard on vocals, then Ronnie. It was may be 30 minutes long, quite unique version!

This is the list of the late night reherasals after the break:

This Place Is Empty
Little T&A
Nearness Of You
Losing My Touch xx
Ventilator Blues xx

These are a couple of photos from Ronnie meeting two dozen fans long long time into the early hours this morning outside the rehearsals studio. Mick left before midnight. Charlie, Keith and the rest of the band stayed to run through songs by Keith for a few hours. Then Charlie left. And Keith left. Then in the end, Ronnie showed up. He was watching the small group of fans still hanging in there, by the gate, at a time when everybody else in Belgium was sleeping (may be with the exception of Keith of course). Then the groupmof fans started to sing "Happy Birthday Ronnie". And as a true gentleman and always loyal to the fans, Ronnie asked the driver to wait, walked down to the patient fans, and signed records, posters, magazines, whatever the fans had brought last night.

It was a magic moment. We had just finished half an hour of some magic live sessions of "Ventilator Blues". First from the record. Then starting up live. Then with Bernard on vocals. You know he can be just as wild and intense as Mick on vocals. Amazing. Then Ronnie on vocals, filled in by Keith. It went on and we could enjoy this unique rehearsals session which was a mixure of rehearsals, birthday party and happening. And before that, we had got Elvis on record, Elvis live with Ronnie and Keith, Coming Down Again from the CD, I mean pretty great stuff that could make a grown man cry...

1st June 2007 10:56 AM
Saint Sway why so many photos of them getting in and out of cars??

whats the fascination with photos of them exiting vehicles???
1st June 2007 11:22 AM
Gazza well...I guess its the closest anyone gets to the rehearsals

Now, if they could get into the studios via the sewers in the way the Peoples Front of Judaea did in Pilate's palace in the Life of Brian, that would be something...

No doubt it would end up like the scene in the film, with members of various Stones forums having the same idea and killing each other when they meet inside as they argue over who thought of it first
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)