ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Getty Images with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chris Cornell (SSC) Return to archive
19th May 2007 01:03 PM
_Boomy_ Chris Cornell -- formerly of Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave -- has a new solo record coming out on June 5th. It's called "Carry On".

The vocal chops on this guy are quite extrodinary. In relation to the Stones, he used to like to play/sing "Stray Cat Blues" a lot with Soundgarden.

I'm not sure if a lot of you have heard his solo music, but it ranges from some rock n' roll to more mellow, soulful stuff. His first solo record is called "Euphoria Morning," and I think it's great.

Anybody else like him?
19th May 2007 01:07 PM
mac_daddy big fan.

thought soundgarden got better with each album, and i absolutely love down on the upside...

i liked the solo album alot, too - big l.a. connection 'cos he did it with the cats from the eleven...

interested to hear his latest effort, and i am sorry i missed the recent local gigs...

curiously, while i dug ratm big-time, too, i never got into audioslave, but to be fair, i was disappointed by the first album, and never gave the others a try...

19th May 2007 01:12 PM
sirmoonie Crack a smile and cut your mouth
And drown in alcohol......

Hell yeah, big fan, I get a hold of everything he's on eventually. Wish Soundgarden had kept on plowing - Fopp Fopp!
19th May 2007 01:16 PM
_Boomy_ The first single ("No Such Thing") he released from "Carry On" is more of a straight-forward rock song.

Here's the video for it. Kind of whacky!

19th May 2007 01:20 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Crack a smile and cut your mouth
And drown in alcohol......

Awesome!

Here's a video of "Burden In My Hand" from his latest tour.

[Edited by _Boomy_]
19th May 2007 01:31 PM
Jumacfly I love Soundgarden and find Audioslave quite lame (I m also fan of RATM)

Cornell got a hell of a voice that makes Vedder and co (the overrated singer of overrated Kings of Leon for example)sound like little boys.
19th May 2007 01:39 PM
sirmoonie Audioslave didn't work out too well - kind of like Velvet Revolver, you hope for good things, but intra-group collaborations like that seldom work out.

Still if you're a fan of Cornell's banshee sun/water based singing, its good to have around.
19th May 2007 03:14 PM
Dan LOVE Soundgarden though I didn't care for Down On The Upside. If anyone cares, I upped the last Lolla show from 8/4/96 to Dime last week.

Didn't care for Audioslave much and don't think I ever heard much solo stuff. Love the Temple Of The Dog CD, got to see one of only 2 or 3 appearances at the RIP Magazine 5th Anniversary show in 1991.

LOVE Ultramega OK, gotta find that CD as the cassette is probably just about worn out.
20th May 2007 03:11 AM
corgi37 I still reckon i was one of the 1st dozen or so people in this country to own a Soundgarden record. I loved them. His voice is amazing.

I think Audioslave were pretty good too.
20th May 2007 06:43 AM
pdog Did I ever tell you Soundgarden was the first band i saw live in SF when I moved here in 1988... $5.00 show w/ Tad and Mudhoney sharing the bill, if i recall correctly... Then again I'm old and burnt out, so maybe Mudhoney was a week later, who fucking knows... Soundgarden was the shit. I dug out an old SG tee shirt. Says Total Fucking Godhead on the back and has Godzilla fucking killing Toikyo on the front!
I used to be so fucking cool... What happened to me!
[Edited by pdog]
20th May 2007 03:09 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
Did I ever tell you Soundgarden was the first band i saw live in SF when I moved here in 1988... $5.00 show w/ Tad and Mudhoney sharing the bill, if i recall correctly... Then again I'm old and burnt out, so maybe Mudhoney was a week later, who fucking knows... Soundgarden was the shit. I dug out an old SG tee shirt. Says Total Fucking Godhead on the back and has Godzilla fucking killing Toikyo on the front!
I used to be so fucking cool... What happened to me!
[Edited by pdog]

Could this be the show? It sounds killer

2/12/89 The I-Beam. San Francisco, CA
Supporting: Soundgarden, The Wipers
Set: Magnolia Caboose..., No One Has, Come to Mind, Touch Me I'm Sick, If I Think, Mudride, Here Comes Sickness, You Got it, Chain that Door, This Gift, In 'N' Out of Grace, Hate the Police (set possibly out of order)
Notes: Magnolia Caboose..., Come to Mind, You Got it, and This Gift are performed for the first known time. Hate the Police was not on the setlist, but was played at some point. Between songs, Steve repeats "Blue Cheer" over and over.
20th May 2007 03:14 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

Could this be the show? It sounds killer

2/12/89 The I-Beam. San Francisco, CA
Supporting: Soundgarden, The Wipers
Set: Magnolia Caboose..., No One Has, Come to Mind, Touch Me I'm Sick, If I Think, Mudride, Here Comes Sickness, You Got it, Chain that Door, This Gift, In 'N' Out of Grace, Hate the Police (set possibly out of order)
Notes: Magnolia Caboose..., Come to Mind, You Got it, and This Gift are performed for the first known time. Hate the Police was not on the setlist, but was played at some point. Between songs, Steve repeats "Blue Cheer" over and over.

Yeah, very well could be. I got here in Oct. of 88'. Shit man... I can't remember shit anymore. i miss those days. i went to a show a week at least and was loaded everyday. It was easy getting laid too....
21st May 2007 05:58 PM
_Boomy_
25th May 2007 05:02 PM
_Boomy_ ULTRAMEGA OK!!!

My favorite Soundgarden track is "Slaves and Bulldozers".

"Superunknown" (the album and the song) is fucking awesome.

"Louder Than Love" kicks your ass.

A lot of people don't particularly like Audioslave, but I really enjoyed them. It was a nice run. Now they can all go back to doing other things.

Yes!!!
28th May 2007 11:40 AM
_Boomy_ A plethora of Cornell!!!

A nice cover of Zep's "Thank You" (audio with picture slideshow)

Cover of Marley's "Redemption Song"

Soundgaren's video for "Black Hole Sun"

New song from "Carry On" called "She'll Never Be Your Man" (live version)

Audioslave - "Cochise"

Audioslave playing "Killing in the Name"

Soundgarden playing "Pretty Noose" live from '96 (love the Telecaster!!)

http://www.myspace.com/chriscornell
28th May 2007 02:08 PM
Highwire Rob The man can cook too. Literally. Wasn't he a chef before his music career took off?
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
28th May 2007 04:46 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Cover of Marley's "Redemption Song"

Jesus H. Falwell Fucking Christ, thats a mountain fuck of a video! Cheers on finding that, make sure it gets into the Random 'tube at some point.
28th May 2007 10:34 PM
mac_daddy that "thank you" is pretty good, too...

boomy - you have the live in stockholm unplugged dealio from whence both these tracks come from, right..? lossless..? it exists somewhere...

31st May 2007 02:44 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
that "thank you" is pretty good, too...

boomy - you have the live in stockholm unplugged dealio from whence both these tracks come from, right..? lossless..? it exists somewhere...

No, I don't have it yet.

However, Josh will not be happy about this. But I am!

Chris covering "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away"

Soundgarden covering the Stones' "Stray Cat Blues"

Soundgarden covering the Beatles' "Come Together"

Audioslave covering Funkadelic's "Super Stupid'

Audioslave (Chris Cornell alone while rest of band is on break?) covering "(What's So Funny) 'Bout Peace, Love, and Understanding?" (HOLY SHIT)

[Edited by _Boomy_]
31st May 2007 02:56 PM
Dan Previously uncirculated Audioslave show/soundcheck now on Dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=148817&hit=1

AUDIOSLAVE
HOLLYWOOD,CA:HOLLYWOOD BLVD
JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE
5/18/05

DSM6->PACLC->PCM1
DA20->CDRW700->EAC->SOUNDFORGE->FLAC FRONTEND LEVEL 8

Hollywood Boulevard in front of where the Kimmel show is filmed was blocked off. Still had to go through the security gauntlet to get in. People were herded into pens separated by barricades. 2 songs were broadcast followed by several more songs for the people in attendance. During "Killing In The Name" some of the barricades came down. Volume wasn't quite at the appropriate levels for a this type of performance and if reflects in the tape though I did my best. Rest assured the neigbors weren't disturbed.

01. -intro-
02. Your Time Has Come
03. -intro #2-
04. Be Yourself
----end of broadcast portion----
05. Set It Off
06. Your Time Has Come
07. Like A Stone
08. Spoonman
09. Doesn't Remind Me
10. Show Me How To Live
11. Killing In The Name
12. Cochise

soundcheck:

(people weren't allowed to stand and watch so I just walked back and forth along the sidewalk, sound is a bit rougher than the actual show but still very listenable).

01. -tuning/ambience-
02. Be Yourself
03. Be Yourself
04. Your Time Has Come
05. -intro-
06. Your Time Has Come
07. Your Time Has Come (partial)
08. -intro-
09. Be Yourself
1st June 2007 07:53 AM
corgi37 That is a blistering version of Stray Cat Blues.
4th June 2007 04:28 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
That is a blistering version of Stray Cat Blues.

Damn straight, Corgi.

"Carry On" will be released tomorrow! I think it may have been released earlier in Europe, though.

Went through all of the flyers in the Sunday paper and found out a few things.

*Target has it for $11.98, and it comes with two additional downloads (doesn't state what they are).

*Best Buy has it for $9.99, and it comes witn an exclusive download of an interview.

*Circuit City has it for $9.99, and a limited edition poster will be given out.
[Edited by _Boomy_]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)