ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Olympiahalle, München - 4 Juni 2003
Brian Rasic
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blacked out floors are Mick's sleeping pill Return to archive
06-03-03 04:10 PM
CS Blacked out floors are Mick's sleeping pill

Washington, June 3 (ANI): Rolling Stone Mick Jagger demanded the floor of his hotel be blacked out so he could catch up on his beauty sleep. The rocker pressed for black drapes to be placed at each window and for cracks to be taped up so that no light could get through to his suites.

Mick's special demand came as the Stones kickstart their European tour in Germany on Wednesday. The group crashing out at Munich's swanky Kempinski Hotel has hijacked a number of suites.

"It was a very strange request from Mick - we were told that every room he booked had to be pitch black. Apparently he doesn't like to be woken up by natural light, so we had to go and find some tape to make sure it was dark," a source at the hotel revealed.

The 60-year-old rocker's assistants informed the hotel attendants that the crooner didn't like any light even during the daytime, because sometimes that's when he sleeps.

The Stones' first night of the European tour is scheduled at the Olympiahalle in Munich, with Mick's current flame, model Lawren Scott, expected to be present. The pair have been dating on and off for the past 18 months. (ANI)
06-03-03 04:18 PM
CS Apparently this was the orginal article:

===================================================?
ROLLING STONE MICK JAGGER demanded the floor of his hotel be blacked out so he could get some, er, beauty sleep.

The rocker asked for black drapes to be placed at each window and for cracks to be taped up so that no light could get through to his suites.

Mick made the demand as the Stones prepare to kick off their European tour in Germany tomorrow.

The group are staying at Munich’s plush Kempinski Hotel and Mick has taken over several suites there.

A source at the hotel said: “It was a very strange request from Mick. We were told that every room he booked had to be pitch black.

“Apparently he doesn’t like to be woken up by natural light, so we had to go and find some tape to make sure it was dark.

“We were told by his assistants he didn’t like there to be any light even during the daytime because sometimes that’s when he sleeps.”

The Stones’ first night of the European tour is at the Olympiahalle in Munich.

The rock legends — whose hits include Paint It Black — reach the UK on August 23 when they play a series of dates at Twickenham, Wembley and London’s Astoria.

Mick’s current squeeze model L’WREN SCOTT is expected to attend the Munich concert. The pair have been dating on and off for the past 18 months.

I’m reliably informed that Mick’s ex-wife, JERRY HALL, will be nowhere to be seen.

But KEITH RICHARDS’s family are flying to the gig from their home in the US.
06-03-03 04:40 PM
steel driving hammer Looks like they won't be playing 'Shine A Light'

Hope Mick doesn't get too crazy like this but Al Pacino did in the movie Insomia...
06-03-03 04:50 PM
Micksgirl Sounds like things are serious with this Scott woman. She was with him much of the North American tour. Does anyone have any pictures of her? Curious to know about her, being the Mick fan that I am!
06-03-03 07:32 PM
luxury1 Oh yeah, her again. Jeesh.
06-03-03 07:47 PM
mac_daddy I remember reading about this request by the band years ago - it was when they were the first band to play in Moscow after the Cold War...

blackout curtains are the best - we have them in our house here. You know they are not black, right?
06-04-03 02:37 AM
MarthaMyDear What are black-out curtains and what color are they, mac_daddy, if I may ask?!?!?! I have insomnia and maybe that might help (?!?!?!)... Anyways, thank you!!!

*** Martha ***
06-04-03 05:43 AM
luxury1 MMD--I have black out cellular shades, and they actually have aluminum foil in them to block the light--they come in any color you want--the foil is inside. They do work great in keeping the room very dark.
06-04-03 07:17 AM
Factory Girl Who is this Scott woman?
06-04-03 08:28 AM
mac_daddy Hi Martha-

They are curtains with a lining that are thick enough to block out the light. Our lining is off-white. It is the thickness of the material (and the material itself) that block the light, not the color. Any fabric warehouse has the material ("blackout fabric"). I hope this helps...
06-04-03 09:17 AM
telecaster A friends of mines sister actually worked for The Stones and her job was to haul around black curtains for Micks room.

Hey, I can understand it. You come in at 4 in the morning all wound up can't sleep for awhile. Get up at 1pm

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003