ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Olympiahalle, München - 4 Juni 2003
Brian Rasic
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Noisy James Jagger Return to archive
06-03-03 08:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
No satisfaction for Mick
By Richard Simpson, Evening Standard
3 June 2003

As lead singer of The Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger is hardly a stranger to loud music. His band once held the record for staging the loudest gigs, thrashing out a deafening 100 decibels - just shy of the noise produced by a jet engine.

So perhaps it's not surprising that a little of that has rubbed off on his children - a fact which has been made painfully clear to their neighbours.

Residents had to bang on the door and complain at the weekend after they were subjected to a noisy all-day rooftop party at the £6 million Richmond Hill home occupied by Jagger's ex-wife, Jerry Hall, and their four children.

With their parents apparently out, the couple's offspring and their friends mounted two speakers on the roof terrace.

The noise carried so far that families enjoying the Saturday afternoon heatwave half a mile away on the riverbank could clearly make out the lyrics to songs by Lauryn Hill and Soul II Soul - not to mention a few Stones classics.

One neighbour said: "I was coming back from the shops and thought it was some kind of pop concert or carnival. It was deafening. Jerry was obviously out."

The Rolling Stones frontman - who lives in an apartment linked to the property via an adjoining door - was also away, having rejoined the band's European tour in Germany after a short break.

Ms Hall won the 26-room residence in her divorce settlement four years ago. She lives there with Elizabeth, 19, James, 17, Georgia May, 11, and Gabriel, five.

In a recent interview Ms Hall said she and her ex-husband had "similar tastes in lots of things. We both liked to get up very quietly and not have loud music in the morning".

And as angry neighbours gathered in the street below the party - which comes ahead of tomorrow's National Noise Action Day - one said: "The music started at around 10.30am and carried on throughout the afternoon. It was ridiculously loud - it could be heard quite clearly about half a mile away."

A spokesman for Richmond council said: "Unfortunately there are no legal guidelines for noise pollution between 8am and 6pm; it is hoped that neighbours will be considerate between those times."
06-03-03 08:53 AM
steel driving hammer YEAH!

I wonder what songs they were playing!

06-03-03 09:06 AM
nankerphelge Neighbors
06-03-03 03:41 PM
luxury1 Ha--look,he has his father's cat that ate the canary grin.
06-03-03 04:03 PM
Nellcote Is he still an item w/ Keith's daughter? I'm just waiting for the papparazi to catch a moment when she hauls off and backhands him, while she's chugging Jack Daniels with another....Oh right,I fergot, this is the PC era...must have been a flashback....

Back to Zero.....That's where I'm going...
06-03-03 04:09 PM
steel driving hammer I feel none of the Stones family have the Stones passion of Blues/Open G/ etc.

Our only hope is Georgia May.

I still think she's the one...
06-03-03 04:23 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Neighbors

Pete lives right next door.

Ironical.
06-03-03 07:34 PM
moy ata boy
06-04-03 09:57 AM
Factory Girl M&J should not leave their kids home alone with the Petester
next door...lol
06-04-03 08:30 PM
exile wonder if Keith's daughter was there?
06-04-03 11:59 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
exile wrote:
wonder if Keith's daughter was there?

Nope, she was with me. In fact, both Theodora and Alexandra were with me. Making sweet, beautiful music of our own...
06-05-03 02:24 AM
exile I remember seeing a photo of James Jagger in a previous thread

I dont think he looks like mick at all!
also he has redish hair in the photo I saw

sure he is not the mailman's

out of all of micks kids Karis is the only one to inherit Micks Famous grin.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003