ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Olympiahalle, München - 4 Juni 2003
Brian Rasic
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Munich rehearsals Return to archive
06-03-03 07:53 AM
F505 From the IORR-site:

*Rocks Off
* If You Can't Rock Me
* Best Of Burden
* Heartbreaker - again!
* Love In Vain
* Wild Horses
* Blues Jam
* Can't You Hear Me Knocking
* Neighbours
* Don't Stop
* Lady Jane - 3 takes!
* She Was Hot - 2 takes!
* All Down The Line
06-03-03 08:04 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Yeaahhhhhhhh.... *and* they let out a blues jam to boot?

I think we've got our hands on a good little tour comin' up...

-tSYX --- Hawtbreakah...
06-03-03 08:24 AM
nankerphelge Why am I here?

Why?

I have no good reason not be in Munich riding around with that crazy bastard marko in his RV!

I could be getting drunk.
I could be getting stoned.
I could be getting ready to see the Euro-opener.

Nope - at home with a sick kid!

06-03-03 08:26 AM
Moonisup YES YES maybe she was hot tommorrow

let's pray that they do that!
06-03-03 08:40 AM
F505 That blues jam is the most interesting thing by far. Remember the Urban Jungle Tour. Midnight Rambler. Keith on stage playing the bluesy intro on his own. One of the highlights of that tour.
06-03-03 09:01 AM
dealer squealing Looks wery interesting like all the time they rehearse!
06-03-03 09:43 AM
steel driving hammer From IORR! Folks it's almost too good to be true!

They had lots of long breaks between the songs. That is why I say this was not a regular run-through of a set list.

Lady Jane was worth all the hazzle to get out to the rehearsals site alone. Just hearing how Mick's vocals built up this song from take to take, very loyal to the original version, soft and clean, still fresh like it was made during the night, was so great. It was singing in my ears all the way back home after the rehearsals, all through the night, and even today, the day after, all I can sing is "My Sweet Lady Jane", "Will I see you again" etc. Will it be for Circus Krone? Or will they take the risk and give it to us during the opening show in Olympiahalle? Only time will tell!

She Was Hot sounded strange on the first take. I thought it was just like listening to it straight from the record. But that was exactly what happened. They played She Was Hot straight from the CD, with Mick's original vocals, and then Keith ansd Ronnie overdubbed and tested out their riffs. And those riffs were great! So raw and intense. I wish they could keep them that way, but I am sure they will be polished on their way into the show. On take two they did the real 100% live version with Mick on vocals, and I really wish they will play it later this week.

Charlie! How he beat up his drums at the rehearsals tonight! How he loves to just crash the drums one or two times during a song. And too bad he is far too diciplined to do it often at shows, but when it is rehearsals and it is your bithday then I thing you should be allowed to have some extra fun!

Well, rehearsals are just that. Rehearsals. They are not supposed to be judged or even evaluated by anyone. But hey, this is the Stones, and wild horses could not drag me away from such great nights. Even without a crowd, the Stones sound great. Last night we were half a dozen fans at the most, enjoying these rare riffs, tomorrow there will be a lot more at the opening show!

PS. It is unclear if they will rehearse or take a break tonight, the night before the opening show. I believe they moved out all the equipment from the studio last night, as we left, so it seems they will build up for the Olympiahalle tonight, either having a day off, or may me more rehearsals.

06-03-03 02:24 PM
L&A She was hot-hot-hot
06-03-03 02:39 PM
Nellcote SERGEI, ANY INFORMATION?
06-03-03 02:45 PM
LadyJane They are rehearsing Lady Jane??!!!

OMG. I've NEVER heard it live!! I'd faint for certain.

That's it! I'm contacting my travel agent ASAP. I've GOT to get to Europe!!

LadyJ.
06-03-03 03:01 PM
steel driving hammer [quote]LadyJane wrote:
They are rehearsing Lady Jane??!!!

OMG. I've NEVER heard it live!! I'd faint for certain.

My Lady, that song is on Got Live If You Wan't It and they did it on Ed Sullivan.

06-03-03 03:15 PM
sandrew Nice to see "She Was Hot" potentially in play. I always thought that one was ripe for a live treatment. Can you believe that "Undercover" is 20 years old now? That one of their more "recent" albums is so ancient?
06-03-03 03:41 PM
LadyJane Thanks Steelie!!

Now if I just had "Got Live..." on CD. I've got the vinyl, but I don't have my turntable hooked up anymore!!

LadyJ.
06-03-03 03:54 PM
jb She was Hot will sound just like IORR....I don't think it transcend well into a live performance.
06-03-03 04:23 PM
F505 Why is everyone so crazy about She was hot? A very, very mediocre song with childish lyrics...
06-03-03 04:27 PM
RubyFriday I´m not thrilled by that songs,too.Lady Jane will be okay at Krone and I´m glad they keep up CYHMK.
06-03-03 04:29 PM
sandrew I think the lyrics are pretty clever ... a case of metaphor overload towards the end, but still clever. Grab a cab, grab a cab, baby...
06-04-03 05:08 AM
dealer squealing "Why is everyone so crazy about She was hot? A very, very mediocre song with childish lyrics..."

Maby because they never have played it live and we are all excited to hearing in what way they play those songs for the first time Also the guitars man in this song ummmm
06-04-03 08:26 AM
steel driving hammer You know we'll have the setlist in a couple hours you bastards!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003