ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Olympiahalle, München - 4 Juni 2003
Brian Rasic
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: KISS & Aerosmith (NSC) Return to archive
06-01-03 09:58 PM
Soul Survivor Just wondering, is anyone going to any of these shows? The KISS and Aerosmith summer tour. Im goin Aug 15 in Detroit? any one else going to a show?
06-02-03 10:33 PM
Honky Tonker In the 70's I loved these groups, especially Aerosmith. I thought they were the next best thing to RS. Lately I've gotten a little bored with the hype and ballads. Still love all the classics and think this would be a fun show to go to.

P. S. I've seen them both (seperately) and enjoyed the shows, except once in the early 90's when Aerosmith wouldn't allow beer sales at the show due to their sobriety. I'm like Keef, Aerosmith and Ronnie need to sober up, but not me!!!!!
06-02-03 10:58 PM
Phog I've got a friend who's in the process of going through a

nasty divorce, so another buddy and I are taking him to this

show on Sept. 25 in KC.

As for the show itself, I can't say that I'm especially

excited to see it. But since these are two of my friend's

favorite bands (neither of which he's ever seen live)it pro-

mises to be a pretty fun time. He will love it, and that's

the important thing. I'm much more excited about the White

Stripes tix I bought the other day, but that's another

story.

Enjoy the show. It will be cool to see Kiss live in De-

troit.

06-02-03 11:06 PM
Soul Survivor As the song goes...

"Gotta Lose Your mind in Detroit.... Rock City!
06-02-03 11:18 PM
steel driving hammer Some early KISS is good but they still both suck.

I would perfer KISS as an opener for the Stones over Areoshit.

I would perfer KISS over the Pretenders too actually.
06-02-03 11:21 PM
Soul Survivor For anyone who thinks KISS sucks, pick up their first four albums.

"KISS", "Hotter Than Hell", "Dressed To Kill", "Alive"

Their all awesome, rockin albums. Came out before they sold out. I really reccomend them to any fan of rock music
06-03-03 01:24 AM
Dan "Creatures Of The Night", Ace's solo album and even "Hot In The Shade" are good but the rest is kinda hit & miss. Seen Aerosmith 10 times and KISS 12 times but will be seeing this tour around 0 times. Woulda been a dream come true 10 years ago but now tickets are about the same as my first 4 shows put together and each band is nowhere near twice as good now.
06-03-03 08:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot Are they coming to PA? If so, when?

I need to know so I can plan to be away when they are here.

I used to like Kiss...when I was in 3rd grade.
06-03-03 08:34 PM
Riffhard Saw Kiss way back in 1976 when I was 13. They weren't bad for someone with a 13 year olds taste. I have since grownup considerably. I saw them again in 1996 on their first farewell tour,hey the tix were free. Anyway I'm standing in the pisser having a leak and a guy bellies up to the stall next to mine totally dressed and made up like Gene Simmons. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing out loud! The guy had to be in his early to mid 30's!! Anyway I zip up and turn around and there's two other guys waiting in line dressed as Ace and Peter! It's like going to a fucking Star Trek convention with these guys!!

I love the story about Keith meeting Ace a some club in Manhatten back in the 70's. Ace was nervous as hell to go introduce himself to his hero Keef. After a few drinks he grows a pair and goes up and says "Hey Keith I'm a big fan. My name is Ace Frehley you may have heard of my band Kiss." Keith just shrugs and offers him a chair at his table. A little while later one Keith's mates comes to the table and Keith introduces Ace,"Hey mate this cat's name is Ace he's in some band named Kixx." Ace says,"No it's Kiss not Kixx." Keith shrugs again and says,"Kiss,Kixx same fucking thing if you ask me!" At this Ace just stumbbled away very dejected that his hero had just thrown him under the bus! LOL!!!

Riffhard
06-03-03 08:58 PM
Sir Stonesalot Kix, unfortunately, are from my neck of the woods. I know people who have opened for them.

For my money...Keith was dead on. Kiss, Kix...same difference.

Riffy...that was a good one...Star Trek convention indeed!
06-03-03 10:54 PM
MarthaMyDear Frick... I have to go... lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P If you have not seen Aerosmith in person, I am sorry but you are doing yourself a disservice to not experience the raunch 'n roll and just plain, old ROCK it is... That's funny about the "no beer" policy!!! I guess they probably figured that not everyone is an alcoholic and word might get around about that and they might be hearing crickets chirping at their shows instead of people screaming!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P That's funny!!! That's almost control-freakish (a little codependency there??? Laughing... Just kidding... lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P )... CRACKING-UP!!! lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I went and saw them in Devore (way out in the boonies, kind of, here) and SO many people were just COMPLETELY innebriated but it was kind of scary in a way because men were whistling (actually screaming at women walking by at the top of their lungs!!! lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ) and acting weird like you had better not be alone, etc., and I was with my prenant girlfriend!!! I'm glad we made it out of there ALIVE!!! lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P But, I've never seen Kiss and used to like them when I was about 15... I used to constantly ask for Gene Simmons' ID when he rented videos all the time at Tower Video here when I worked there... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I know they got that commercial that's like that from me (I DID IT FIRST!!!)!!! I KNOW IT!!! HOW COULD THEY NOT HAVE?!?!?! lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Just kidding... BUT, REALLY!!! COMMON!!! lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Just another case of braincells out to sea... lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Lost amongst the waves... Forever to be... I'll shut-up now... HE!!! HE!!! ROCK ON!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***

P.S. (Shut-up, Steelie and SS!!! lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P You're wrong!!! NE-NER-NE-NER-NE-NER!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: CRACKING-UP!!! I'VE GOT SOME ICE CREAM!!! I'VE GOT SOME ICE CREAM!!! I'M GONNA EAT ALL OF MY ICE CREAM!!! WANNA LICK?!?!?! PSYCHE!!! CRACKING-UP!!! lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P TOO MUCH CAFFIENE!!! lol............................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-04-03 01:04 AM
gypsymofo60 I've stated many times that I think Aerosmith are worthy,( or rather), were worthy of the accolades bestowed upon them from 1973 to 1978. Some of their post 70s material is still good, but after 'Live Bootleg-78' I think the internal wrangles, drugs, etc, kind of turned them into a laughing stock. Quite sad really!.....Simarlarly, Kiss were great from, Kiss '73, to 'Destroyer '76. After that Kiss were ONLY HYPE, and that was sad, because musically, visually they were the most interesting thing in rock until The Pistols. I can never get past the parties, the tribute bands,(who sucked, but nonetheless added to the atmosphere), and the teenage magic that both bands created at a time when DISCO-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrg! and pompous arena doodlers like ELP, Rick Wakeman, and Hawkwind was boring the arse off me and my fellow searchers, who only had The Stones, and a dying Who to get off on. Unfortunately Kiss have become a comic book circus act, and as someone has already stated; Aerosmith got lucky with a couple of "power ballads", and continually followed that tired formula in search of big bucks, and what they percieve as some sembelance of current integrity. Neither band are fit to wipe Mick Jagger's arse. Then how many are?
06-04-03 01:19 AM
MarthaMyDear I agree with most of your post, gypsymofo, BUT Aerosmith KICKS MAJOR ASS IN CONCERT!!! BEFORE (when everyone said when the music was their best and I tend to agree that a large chunk of it was back then), they (especially Steven Tyler) were so innebriated onstage that the shows SUCKED, for the most part... BUT, NOW when you have these guys even playing their OLD songs that ROCK with the stamina of men who work-out REGULARLY(and, yes, Joe DOES look like it and sometimes Steven (I guess when he doesn't have a big meal, or something)!!! lol............................ They ROCK in concert NOW 'cause they have STAMINA like Mick has because of a drug-free and healthy (work-outs, etc.) lifestyle!!! So, now you can go and hear their old songs (as well as new and you don't have to stand up for them... lol.....................) and won't have to worry about if they will suck 'cause they're all innebriated, etc.... If you don't know what they're like in concert right now, then you're really missing out on a GREAT show that is WELL worth the money... And, guess what?!?!?! THEY DON'T OVER-CHARGE THEIR FANS LIKE *** SOME *** BANDS DO!!! IMAGINE THAT!!! lol................... Rock on!!!

*** Martha ***
06-04-03 01:32 AM
gypsymofo60 Hi Martha! I would still give my right you know what to catch Aerosmith, thing is, like alot of top, top acts Australia is just too far for many of these acts to venture to. Kiss on the other hand, well they just got through touring here, with a full on ORCHESTRA, if that is what Kiss see as GIVING to their fans well, I'd prefer to to just put 'Destroyer' on and remincse. Keep well love!
06-04-03 01:45 AM
MarthaMyDear That is a scary thought (KISS with an orchestra)... lol......................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P That's interesting... I would think that Aerosmith would DEFINITELY go to Australia, etc.... If I hear of them doing that, I will PM you the dates, alrighty-o?!?!?! I cannot reiterate ENOUGH that once I saw them in concert, I was totally hooked... I have seen them more than the Stones, I think (or about the same number of times) and that's probably just because I can afford them MORE!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I really think you should go if they play there... I will let you know if I see or hear of any dates there, ok.?!?!?! I love the fact that I am almost guaranteed that they won't pass-out onstage... CRACKING-UP!!! lol......................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P That is a great thing about Ronnie now, also.. Love to see him in the healthy state he's in now and ALIVE, thank GOD!!! Anyways, take care, peace, and ROCK ON!!! CHEERS!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (Australia has my favorite actors: Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe!!! Right on!!! And, I'm glad they won their Oscars!!! lol......................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Take care!!! )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003