ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Olympiahalle, München - 4 Juni 2003
Brian Rasic
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gathering in Munich Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-09-03 11:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Our friend Axel from Berlin had this great idea, and is inviting us

With the help of a friend who was born there I finally found a pub, which seems to fit for meetings. It's in central Munich, they will play Stones only in the week from June 2 to 9:

RENNBAHN SCHWABING
Feilitzschstrasse 12
80803 Muenchen (Munich)
Tel ++49 (0)89 394874
web site (with mistakes):
http://www.rennbahn-schwabing.de/index1.htm
(have a look at: Bildergalerie-Greatest Shoots)

As it is in the middle of the town, parking space is not easy to find and with drinking something it will be the best to use the Underground: The station Muenchener Freiheit is in walking distance.

Thanks Axel!
05-10-03 08:12 AM
Honky Tonk Man Sounds Great!

Im sure we will get some sort of gathering sorted out. I don't fancy hanging around Munich by myself!

Alex
05-10-03 10:30 AM
shakedhandswithkeith I will be there on 5th of june!!
05-13-03 12:32 PM
jb Will Marko have a kiosk ?
05-13-03 06:28 PM
Honky Tonk Man Thanks for making this a "sticky" Gerardo. When i finally get my ticket and the rest of the details for my trip, i will post them here. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone here who is going.

It may not be the Giants Stadium car park, but Munich on the opening night of the Europeon tour will do just fine!

Alex
05-13-03 07:43 PM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

It may not be the Giants Stadium car park, but Munich on the opening night of the Europeon tour will do just fine!

Alex

Don`t forget the Biergarten!!!!!!!
05-13-03 10:53 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
...but Munich on the opening night of the Europeon tour will do just fine!

Anything will do just fine for an opening night! Even sharing 1 beer in a brown paper bag on a street corner, if that means we will get a show .

Strange Stray Cat and me will be in town on June 3rd (driving in at night), dunno any times yet. It's an 8/9 hours ride, and we try to leave Holland early in the morning, so we will be in Munchen around dinnertime or juat after. You never know. So maybe we can all get to that bar and congratulate ourselves with being a Stones fan.
We'll leave the day after the opening show (June 5th). And we are staying in the Park Plaza Hotel, not too far from de Olympiahalle, but maybe just too far to walk, I don't really know yet.

Ohhh, 3 more weeks!!! 3 weeks from today (it's already Wednesday here) we'll be there! Yaaahooooooo!
Still no info on rehearsals though...
05-14-03 04:33 AM
marko I will arrive to Munich around june 2nd,we will drive thru
estonia,lithuania,poland and finally germany.
I will give my cell/mobile phone number for Alex,Billy boll
and for SSC,so you can give a quick call,where you are,at that time.Angie&SSC,we can dinner togeter on june 3rd!We
allready have a map of munich,we will stay in camping area
close to centre of city.
ALEX MUNICH is VERY nice city,,,,not so boring as hamburg
or any other northern town!
haupthanof/trainstion is in middle of city,if i remmeber
correctly!
05-14-03 07:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man Okay, cheers Marko. Im sure Munich is VERY nice city. I have always wanted to go to more Europeon Countries.

Im a bit annoyd that the details or the ticket hasn't arrived through my letter box yet, but everything has been paid for. So there is no need for me to panic!

Alex
05-14-03 09:51 AM
BillyBoll I'm on a very tight schedule for this show. Arrive at the airport about 16.45 and then get to the hotel. It looks like the Olympiahalle is only 10 - 15 mins walk from the hotel. So I can only really make it for a "car park" get-together. I'll mail you my cellphone number Marko!
05-14-03 03:19 PM
jb Very good Marko...
05-14-03 03:56 PM
marko JB;i do have my stones kiosk with me!even few 72 shows!
05-14-03 05:15 PM
RubyFriday
quote:
not so boring as hamburg

I think you have no clue.Hamburg is THAT city.Hamburg....boring....did you ever heard of the Reeperbahn ?
05-14-03 07:27 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
marko wrote:
...and for SSC,so you can give a quick call,where you are,at that time. Angie&SSC, we can dinner togeter on june 3rd!

That would be fun! If we make it on time.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
05-15-03 01:36 AM
marko I can wait,if not dinner,then evening beers!i´ve been at the
reeberbahn!If you wanna pay 300DM having 2min of sex,thats
place for you,,,,,,,,,,,not for me,i went there to eat PIZZA!
05-15-03 04:09 AM
RubyFriday haha ,300 DM.....that are tourist prices.......The Reeperbahn has more to offer than sex....lots of music clubs with live music

05-15-03 12:21 PM
Helmut See you there
05-15-03 01:24 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

That would be fun! If we make it on time.
[Edited by Angiegirl]

We will, we will. Just have to get up really early....
05-15-03 01:35 PM
jb The court ruled today they could play to 11:30 at Olympic stadium as the concert was a "rare" occurence and was exempted from the noise pollution ordinance.
05-15-03 01:59 PM
erikjjf That was for the Olympic stadium in Berlin.
05-16-03 07:19 AM
Scot Rocks Well one good thing about Hamburg is that St Pauli are there, the German team I like, however they got relegated this season.

Munich looks like it will be cool gathering only 19 days to go!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the reports!

Mark
05-16-03 10:34 AM
RubyFriday Great Mark ! We go to the 3rd league this year.....but we come back ! Hope to meet you in Munich.

05-17-03 02:58 PM
Toronto Tom You might want to start that stones music playing 3 days earlier.

05-20-03 05:24 AM
Helmut So who are coming?
05-20-03 03:07 PM
jb Free Bratwurst for the first 50 attendees?
05-20-03 05:52 PM
Honky Tonk Man Just to let everyone who is interested know, my ticket, flight and hotel details will be arriving in the next 3-4 days. I have the flight times somewhere, but i am arriving 11ish in Munich.

Plenty of time to get wasted before the show!

Alex
05-20-03 07:10 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Helmut wrote:
So who are coming?

They're called The Rolling Stones. They are a group of old farts making some rock and roll music and we are all crazy about them and follow them around. I know, it's very sad...
05-21-03 07:33 AM
Helmut
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

They're called The Rolling Stones. They are a group of old farts making some rock and roll music and we are all crazy about them and follow them around. I know, it's very sad...

I meant who's coming from this board
05-22-03 08:11 PM
Gazza Billyboll/Alex

if one of you will have access to a cell-phone (or can contact me within a few mins of the show ending) maybe you can call quickly in with the setlist right after the shows youre going to so we can post it here...

if possible,let me know...
05-23-03 01:48 AM
marko Well how about sending a message?
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003