ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sweet Little Rock N Roller and other ramblings... Return to archive
3rd June 2006 11:18 AM
Nellcote I put on Smiler for the 1st time in a long while.
I was a Faces/Rod Stewart/Ron Wood junkie in the
early 70's, right next to the Stones for pure music
enjoyment. Easy to see/hear me coming a mile away in
my 63 Falcon, air shocks in the rear, no less than 8 Jensen speakers blaring homemade 8 tracks at max volume.
Now, I spend hours upon end at work, assisting clients from their life's misery, blasting this same music to the hair salon's enjoyment right next to me.

Now, after that soiree into those thrilling days of yesteryear, the above noted title has got to be one of the best nod's to Chuck Berry from that year. From the very get go, the bark of Zak the dog, to hear Woody blast those familiar chords, MAC on the ivories, Kenny Jones beating the absolute crap out of the drums, as well as old leather lungs ripping thru this classic number brings chills to this old goat. Probably the last real Brit lp Stewart ever made, before he exiled himself to the States, to play with about 100 unknown players, sort of like old Berry himself.
The whole lp is rather good, I could not help but think of it recently, when Rod was featured on American Idol, belting out Bring it on Home, to the contestants. Here's hoping he gets around to making a decent rock covers record, which is what he's best at, or at least the lp of Sam Cooke songs he's always rumored to put out..

Anyway, do yourself a favor, play this cut at max volume, regale in one Ron Woods sizzling guitar, kick back with a six pack of Schlitz, some Tango, or Annie Green Springs on this weekend, and thank me later.
We now take you back to regular programming....
3rd June 2006 11:39 AM
gimmekeef A great slice of R&R for sure....I like Sure The One You Need...for the same reasons...Plus we get Keith!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)