ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Carter / Bin Laden connection (nsc) Return to archive
2nd June 2006 11:38 AM
Lethargy

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50468
2nd June 2006 11:44 AM
Ten Thousand Motels So what? If I were the Republicans I wouldn't try to get too much political capital out of this story. Every one who does much business at all in Saudi Arabia does business with the Bin Laden family. Just ask Poppy.
2nd June 2006 11:44 AM
pdog The Bin Laden family is huge, polygimists... You do know that a Bin Laden is supposed to get a reality show, the Bush and The CIA flew out tons of bin Ladens after WTC attacks... Saudi money is all over The USA.
Saudi Arabia is the heart, mind and soul of Islamic terrorism. This is where the war on terror must begin, unfortunayely they are also our oil dealer. We are to Saudi's what a crack ho is to a pimp and dealer! It would take real leadership to step up and break the ties with them. The war on terror and our oil addiction go hand in hand. We literally fund the hate everytime we pump gas into our cars. Ironic!
2nd June 2006 12:04 PM
Saint Sway after carefully reading that story I have concluded that George W. Bush is STILL a corrupt, fucked up evil asshole that should be impeached.
2nd June 2006 12:37 PM
Some Guy google Loose Change and watch video
2nd June 2006 01:01 PM
monkey_man Sheesh. Poppy's Carlyle Group has had multiple business parterships with the Bin Laden group. . .
2nd June 2006 01:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
google Loose Change and watch video

the Neil tune?? good song.

I'm lazy. Hook me up w/a link
2nd June 2006 03:08 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

the Neil tune?? good song.

I'm lazy. Hook me up w/a link

don't know it, so I searched for Loose Change watched the video and said damn. I would love to hear someone elses reaction to it!
[Edited by Some Guy]
2nd June 2006 04:17 PM
Scottfree
quote:
pdog wrote:
The Bin Laden family is huge, polygimists... You do know that a Bin Laden is supposed to get a reality show, the Bush and The CIA flew out tons of bin Ladens after WTC attacks...

They did??? (see Richard Clark) Best get your factoids str8...
2nd June 2006 04:45 PM
Zambero Uh, let's see. Jimmy Carter was president back in the 70's. And uh, Bush is president today. No need to worry with him in charge. And oh, yeah, darn that Arab coddling Carter. And uh, thank God Almighty for President Bush even if he is uh, in the pockets of the Saudis.
2nd June 2006 04:49 PM
pdog
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

They did??? (see Richard Clark) Best get your factoids str8...

I'm sorry, was that plane full of Saudis flying out, when every other flight was grounded not full of Osama's blood relatives? My bad! Why didn't we go after Saudi Arabia following WTC attacks?
2nd June 2006 04:52 PM
Some Guy
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm sorry, was that plane full of Saudis flying out, when every other flight was grounded not full of Osama's blood relatives? My bad! Why didn't we go after Saudi Arabia following WTC attacks?

loose change.com
[Edited by Some Guy]
2nd June 2006 05:11 PM
Riffhard Every president for the last sixty plus years as had close ties to the Saudis! To try and say that Bush is any different than Nixon,Carter,Reagan,Bush 1,or Clinton,or any of the other president going back several decades is just stupid. Gee,the Bush family made their money in the oil bussiness! Big deal! Nothing illegal about that.

It's typical Micael Moore type shit propaganda. The reason people are harping about Carter is because he received a cool million as recently as 2000 from the Bin Laden family. Yet the lib propagandists somehow seem to think that that is fine and good,but the Bush/Bin Laden ties are corrupt.

A.-Double standard

B.-Hypocrites

C.-Deliberate lies

D.-Phoney trumped up propaganda

E.-All of the above

No need for a drum roll here. The proper answer is E all of the above.

Riffy
2nd June 2006 05:13 PM
rasputin56 Bin Laden?

"You know, I just don't spend that much time on him...I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

2nd June 2006 05:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Bin Laden?

"You know, I just don't spend that much time on him...I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

A stupid turn of phrase to be sure Raspy,but that line has been taken out of context by everyone on the left. You know what he meant. He meant that since Bin Laden has gone underground and has become a US Military imposed recluse that he is not the threat that he once was and that we are busy killing his underlings and the future Bin Ladens.

However,I agree with you that that was a very stupid thing to say. Especially in light of the fact that we are still searching all over the Afgan/Pakistan border for him. I think one day it will just be announced that we have him or his dead bloated corpse. That is a day that we can all celebrate.

You will never hear me defend some of Bush's stupid assed remarks. Lord knows I'd hate to have Moonie call me a Bush geek!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
2nd June 2006 05:32 PM
egon Riffy, the weekend's here.
kick back time
Pint of guiness?
2nd June 2006 05:34 PM
rasputin56 I feel all warm and fuzzy.

2nd June 2006 05:35 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

A stupid turn of phrase to be sure Raspy,but that line has been taken out of context by everyone on the left.

of course to Riffy, 'the Left' is anyone more liberal than Mussolini

2nd June 2006 05:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Especially in light of the fact that we are still searching all over the Afgan/Pakistan border for him.

we are???
2nd June 2006 05:41 PM
Riffhard
quote:
egon wrote:
Riffy, the weekend's here.
kick back time
Pint of guiness?

You read my mind egon! Slainte'!

Riffy
2nd June 2006 10:38 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
pdog wrote:
The Bin Laden family is huge, polygimists... You do know that a Bin Laden is supposed to get a reality show, the Bush and The CIA flew out tons of bin Ladens after WTC attacks... Saudi money is all over The USA.
Saudi Arabia is the heart, mind and soul of Islamic terrorism. This is where the war on terror must begin, unfortunayely they are also our oil dealer. We are to Saudi's what a crack ho is to a pimp and dealer! It would take real leadership to step up and break the ties with them. The war on terror and our oil addiction go hand in hand. We literally fund the hate everytime we pump gas into our cars. Ironic!

You are very wise and intelligent.
3rd June 2006 08:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels

The House of Bin Laden
A family's, and a nation's, divided loyalties.
JANE MAYER / The New Yorker 12sep02

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/House-Of-Bin-Laden12sep02.GIF&imgrefurl=http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/House-Of-Bin-Laden12sep02.htm&h=167&w=200&sz=8&tbnid=7PuVHn4uS05PhM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=99&hl=en&start=11&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbilly%2Bcarter%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

AN EXCEPT -
"Over the years, there have been warm, substantial ties between members of the bin Laden family and leaders of the foreign-policy establishment in America and Britain. Until late last month, the family had a stake amounting to two million dollars in the Washington-based Carlyle Group, a private equity firm with a large interest in defense contracting. The Carlyle Group is known for its politically connected executives such as former President George H. W. Bush, former Secretary of State James Baker, and former British Prime Minister John Major. In the nineteen-nineties, both Bush and Baker visited the bin Laden family when they were prospecting for business in Saudi Arabia. The chairman of the firrn is former Defense Secretary Frank Carlucci, who has been a trusted friend of the current Defense Secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, since their days on the Princeton wrestling team. Sources inside the firm suggest that there was a spirited discussion among the partners about whether to sever connections with the bin Ladens, with some believing that to penalize the family for guilt by association was, as one put it, "monstrous." But the prospect of President Bush's father being in business with the half brother of Osama bin Laden was politically untenable, and, when "the irony became too much," as one insider in the firm put it, the bin Ladens recouped their initial investment, plus five hundred thousand dollars.

The family continues to have a stake, estimated by one source at about ten million dollars, in the Fremont Group, a private investment company, on whose board of directors sits another former Secretary of State, George Shultz. Much of the family's private banking is handled by Citigroup, which is chaired by former Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin. The family has equity investments with Merrill Lynch and Goldman, Sachs. Among the family's business partners is General Electric. A spokesman for Jack Welch, the chairman of G.E., says that the family threw a party for him' in the nineteen-nineties in Saudi Arabia, and that Welch "considers them good business partners." One American diplomat says, "You talk about your global investors, it's them. They own part of Microsoft, Boeing, and who knows what else." Others note that the family has been awarded contracts to help rebuild American military installations, including the Khobar Towers, which were damaged in a terrorist attack that killed nineteen servicemen in 1996."

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)