ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Douchebag has gone and done it again! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
2nd June 2006 05:26 PM
Saint Sway if we started locking up all the heroin addicts there would be no cool musicians left
2nd June 2006 05:27 PM
Dan
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Jail is not just for punitive reasons here,Sway. He needs to be locked up to scare some goddamned sense into him and remove him from the source of his smack.

I am not sure what makes you think he can't get smack in prison. I am willing to bet that he can and will continue to use even if imprisoned. It may isolate him from the rest of us but not his drugs. If he has money on the books, then he can get high.
2nd June 2006 05:31 PM
Altamont I don't care if he wastes his own life by shooting all the smack he wants. That's his choice. But for squirting blood at the camera people, and for shooting up the passed out girl, he deserves jail.
2nd June 2006 05:34 PM
MissJaneDoe
quote:
Altamont wrote:
I don't care if he wastes his own life by shooting all the smack he wants. That's his choice. But for squirting blood at the camera people, and for shooting up the passed out girl, he deserves jail.

I agree; wanting to imprison someone for being a drug addict alone solves nothing. Even if he were sent to prison, I believe the first thing he'd do upon his release would be to score some smack. If someone wants to hurt themselves, it's their business. It's when they endanger others that they should be put away.
[Edited by MissJaneDoe]
2nd June 2006 05:38 PM
Riffhard
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Jail isn't a good place to go to get away from smack! Maybe a militant rehab center.

I know MM. I suggested that. I meant that he deserved jail for booting the passed out teenaged chick up. Some jails in the States are actually specifically designed for his kind of problem though,but a hardcore locked down rehap center would be just as good as far as I'm concerned.

The deal is that when I say these things Sway has concluded that I just don't "get it" with the whole addiction deal. I sure as hell DO get it! I get more than he will ever know,and because I do GET IT I say that this guy needs to have his freedom taken away from him for his own safety,but more importantly for those around him.

He has surpassed the stage of pitiful junkie. He has reached the stage of a dangerous selfish addict that is showing no signs of remorse or any sense of self control. He needs to get slapped down just so he can learn to pull himself back up.

Riffy
2nd June 2006 06:50 PM
Taptrick
Someone asked(paraphrase): do you know of any prisons in the western world where drugs aren't available:

Leavenworth
Miramar NCB
Charleston NCB

While there is the ever occassional homemade alcohol made in the toliet or snuck while on a work detail, drug use is mostly nonexistant relative to other prisons. I'm sure there are others although I admit it is rare.

2nd June 2006 07:06 PM
Dan
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Someone asked(paraphrase): do you know of any prisons in the western world where drugs aren't available:

Leavenworth

Wrong. Took me all of ten seconds to find this lengthy article on the Aryan Brotherhood:

Heroin was now flooding into Leavenworth. According to authorities, inmates received more than twelve hundred positive tests for heroin during 1995. One prisoner estimated that forty per cent of the population was shooting up. “Heroin deadens everything,” an inmate at Leavenworth said. “Speed, man, you’re bebopping around and you’re doing more time than you would normally because you ain’t sleeping at night. . . . But the heroin, yeah . . . you’re feeling no pain.”

Because of the scarcity of supply and the unusually high demand in prison, authorities say, a gram of heroin that was bought on the street for sixty-five dollars was selling inside Leavenworth for as much as a thousand dollars. A former council member told me that the gang was bringing in anywhere from half a million to a million dollars a year from a single prison. As one F.B.I. agent put it, “You just do the math.”

More at

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/index.ssf?040216fa_fact6

Yeah I know it says 1995. I doubt the tap has been turned off all the way.
2nd June 2006 07:12 PM
Taptrick
Wow. That surprised me. I mentioned Miramar and Charleston as I worked at Miramar for 4 years and I am familiar with Charleston. I figured Leavenworth would be similar. I would guess the difference is Miramar and Charleston are for short sentences and Leavenworth has lifers. Makes me want to do a little research. Nice article.

2nd June 2006 07:17 PM
Taptrick
After reading the article, I believe the article is refering to the US Penitentiary Leavenworth.

I am refering to The US Military Disciplinary Barracks.

Two different prisons.

2nd June 2006 07:19 PM
Dan
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

After reading the article, I believe the article is refering to the US Penitentiary Leavenworth.

I am refering to The US Military Disciplinary Barracks.

Two different prisons.

I knew Leavenworth was a federal prison and a military prison, but I wasn't aware the inmates were separated. Are you still a hundred percent positive about drugs though?
2nd June 2006 07:30 PM
keefkid
quote:
MissJaneDoe wrote:

Huh?

Everyone knows what now? That it's not good for you to do heroin? They didn't know that back in the 70's?

Oh, and the whole "but everyone is doing it" isn't even something people say in high school; more middle school thinking.

i take it you wernt around in the '70's...and no, unfortunately we didnt...

and im not in middle school dear...but that was just the attitude back then...
2nd June 2006 07:33 PM
Riffhard Where there is a will to get drugs there is a way no doubt. Even in prison. That,however,is not my point here. One could make a very valid case that shooting up a passed out person with smack is an act of battery. Likewise the same could be said for squirting the photographers with a syringe. He could be locked up for those infractions alone.

There are also several prisons that are specifically deisgned to deal with addicts that do not have any druge use at all and routinly bllod test the inmates. I am sure that the UK has a similar deal.

Riffy
2nd June 2006 07:34 PM
Taptrick
No, not with Leavenworth. I think we are basically in agreement. Drugs are all over the prisons. I'm suggesting there is something about the way the DoD runs its sytem that makes them significantly less and in some cases...such as Miramar, almost nonexistant. Now sex between staff and opposite sex prisoners that's another story.

Here's US Penitentiary ( http://www.lvarea.com/data/usp_info.htm ):

Couldn't find the military site, this is close: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justicelawlegislation/a/leavenworth.htm
2nd June 2006 08:45 PM
Scot Rocks Firstly, As I understand it, Pete never injected that girl with anything, it all turned out to be some kind arranged picture, fucking stupid whatever it was anyway. ps always take what the british tabloids with a pinch of salt.

He has been on smack and crack for a few years now and its ruined his career and probably one of the best bands in years - The Libertines. Babyshambles are not a patch on the Libertines, he misses loads of gigs and has been acting more and more like a total arse. He became more newsworthy as well once he started going out with Kate Moss, as he became news, not just in the NME and among music fans but the tabloids too.

He has to decide himself that he needs to quit as before he has not been determined enough and has only tried to quit because of the pleas of others. His junkie behaviour is causing absolute heartache to his family and non junkie friends. Until he quits well there is going to be plenty more of these headlines. If I thought jail was the answer I would advocate it. However he has already done time and did nothing and drugs are easy to get in prison. So its all up to himself really and perhaps its going to take something drastic, to wake up and make him stop living in his drug fuelled boheminian world.
2nd June 2006 08:47 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Come off your high horse Sway! You can pretend that I am some Ivory Tower conservative all you want,but that shit don't wash. The guy has become a danger to himself and to those around him. Your plan is to let him continue down that path?!

Yes. Because true conservatives recognize one's right to suicide. You are not and probably never have been a conservative, Mr. Riffhard. Instead, you are a state-ist. I'd suggest it comes with age and fear, but you probably have always been that way.

2nd June 2006 08:53 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Yes. Because true conservatives recognize one's right to suicide. You are not and probably never have been a conservative, Mr. Riffhard. Instead, you are a state-ist. I'd suggest it comes with age and fear, but you probably have always been that way.

He's very moderate... like most folks. Many of us get caught up in the media hype and PR BS, at the end of the day, after we all debate, close to 99% of the folks here are damn fucking cool. Riffy is one of them. All the lefties I met in theNJ/NY area would be people I'd hang with alot if I still ived back there, politics ain't that important. And most the debate here is bullshit, faux stuff we do to pass the time.
2nd June 2006 09:23 PM
Riffhard Right on pdog! Thanks for that. Jizzy I am a conservative on many issues such as a strong defense and tax cuts,as well as the rights of the individual over the rights of the state.

As pdog said I am also very moderate in many of my views. Liberal is a word that once-upon-a-time described me to a T. No more,but I still have liberal friends.

I am resentful of what the democrat party has become in many ways and so I decided quite a few years ago that I could no longer support a party that has turned it's back on me. This is NOT the same democrat party of Truman or JFK,and if it you think it is you need to really bone up on your history(this is not directed at you per se Jizzy).

Liberal Democrats love to slam Zell Miller and claim that he was never a true Democrat,but that is absolute bullshit. I'm from Atlanta and I can assure you that he was a true blue Democrat for many years. As he said though he didn't leave the Democrat party,they left him. He got fed up with the hard left driving the Democrat agenda so he bailed out. I fully support,and agree with his reasons for doing so.

Riffy
3rd June 2006 03:39 AM
killerbitch Pete Doherty is an addict who is unwilling or unable to quit his addiction.
With drug/alcohol addiction you die, go to jail or go insane. I am a recovering
addict myself. He reminds me of Robert Downey Jr. He has not hit bottom
apparently, and his "bottom" could very well be an overdose and dies. Until
he admits he has a serious problem and needs help he will continue to use,
and get himself into a lot of trouble, and yes drugs are very much available in
prison.
4th June 2006 09:26 AM
Sir Stonesalot OK, I'll ask again.

Why do we give a shit about Pete Doherty?

An even better question....Why is there a 3 page thread on Rocks Off about Pete Doherty?

And what does this have to do with JBs humiliation and subsequent deletions, smashed face fat ratdogs, Joey's bowels, and Momar Khadaffi(I will spell it however I damn well please!)?
4th June 2006 12:28 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote: Jizzy I am a conservative on many issues such as a strong defense and tax cuts,as well as the rights of the individual over the rights of the state.
Riffy

You must be pretty bullshit over the NSA warrantless wiretapping of US citizens!!
4th June 2006 12:45 PM
MrPleasant "The Douchebag has gone and done it again!"

Moms agree: stop picking on Liz Jagger!!
4th June 2006 12:46 PM
sirmoonie You got to fight! For your right! To partyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

I'll drink to that! I'd smoke and snort to it too, if I had the stuff. I'd consider skin popping to.
4th June 2006 12:55 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
OK, I'll ask again.

Why do we give a shit about Pete Doherty?

An even better question....Why is there a 3 page thread on Rocks Off about Pete Doherty?

And what does this have to do with JBs humiliation and subsequent deletions, smashed face fat ratdogs, Joey's bowels, and Momar Khadaffi(I will spell it however I damn well please!)?

LOL!

Dude, we got four pages on fucking Ted Nugent too. I think the world is coming to an end.
4th June 2006 01:03 PM
Factory Girl I'd love to see Babyshambles live.

Hi Honky Tonk Man!
4th June 2006 01:03 PM
MrPleasant This is not fair. What happened to the "Angelina Jolie: butt-ugly or hot? thread?"
4th June 2006 02:55 PM
MarkP I have not seen a photo of Pete Doherty shooting up a passed out girl, but if its true he did that and there is a photo, he should be charged with assault and battery with a deadly weapon, and whatever else the justice system in the UK comes up with.

Fucking yourself up with drugs is your right as long as:

1) I don't have to pay for it..your drugs, or all the healthcare you will require for fucking yourself up

2) Your drug use does not harm others. For example, you are not spending your children's grocery money on drugs.

3) You don't intentionally harm someone else due to drug related behavior, such as driving under the influence and injuring someone, or doing something stupid like shooting up an incapacitated person.

Being on drugs, and drugs being hard to kick, is no excuse when the fucking up extends to other people.

And that goes for anybody, including the Stones.
4th June 2006 03:28 PM
Altamont
4th June 2006 03:31 PM
MrPleasant Hrm... I wonder who's the marketing company for these talentless hacks?

He's hired!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)