ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Da Doo Ron Ron! PLZ say you have it! Return to archive
30th May 2006 10:01 PM
hellobeatle hi,

I've been looking for the Stones version of Da Doo Ron Ron since I heard it on Little Steven's Underground Garage like 2 years ago... I'd offer to put something up for download, but all I have Voodoo Brew and I'm sure you all have the songs from that collection...thanks
30th May 2006 11:22 PM
glencar I have it on vinyl.
31st May 2006 12:39 AM
pdog I've got it somewhere... It's probably with that pile of money I can't find!
31st May 2006 12:43 AM
mac_daddy it is on mickboy's "get yer kicks on this"
31st May 2006 12:46 AM
pdog
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
it is on mickboy's "get yer kicks on this"

Holy shit... Would you believe me, if I told you, it's sitting out in front of me... I'm burning a bunch of MB's shit for someone...
Scarey...
Weird!
31st May 2006 08:34 AM
Gazza Its not actually the Stones but the Andrew Oldham Orchestra - with Mick as guest vocalist, and probably Keith on guitar.

Recorded September 1964 (same session that produced a few of the demos that appear on Metamorphosis) and released on "16 Hip Hits" in October.

Session musicians included Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and others.

[Edited by Gazza]
31st May 2006 12:01 PM
hellobeatle can anyone upload it? thanx
31st May 2006 12:29 PM
Some Guy bset use of this song ever... Stripes!
31st May 2006 06:28 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
bset use of this song ever... Stripes!

agreed.
31st May 2006 06:33 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Its not actually the Stones but the Andrew Oldham Orchestra - with Mick as guest vocalist, and probably Keith on guitar.

Recorded September 1964 (same session that produced a few of the demos that appear on Metamorphosis) and released on "16 Hip Hits" in October.

Session musicians included Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and others.

[Edited by Gazza]

I bought a German collection several yrs ago & they always presented it as being the Stones. Thanks for the info.
31st May 2006 07:08 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
bset use of this song ever... Stripes!

I believe that the song in question in Stripes was Manfred Mann's Do Wah Diddy.
31st May 2006 07:11 PM
Some Guy
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

diddy dum diddy doo
1st June 2006 12:49 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

it was, but it is still the best USE of said tune. ever.
1st June 2006 12:08 PM
batcave
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

Da Do Ron Ron was used at the begining of the film when Russell was trying to teach English to the group of immigrants.
1st June 2006 11:12 PM
Paranoid_Android It was also the first of five hits Shawn cassidy had here in the USA in 1977...LONG LIVE THE HARDY BOYS!!!
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
1st June 2006 11:49 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
It was also the first of five hits Shawn cassidy had here in the USA in 1977...LONG LIVE THE HARDY BOYS!!!
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]

Let's not forget his other hits: That's Rock 'n' Roll, Little Deanie and Do You Believe in Magic?

He single-handedly got Eric Carmen out of the poorhouse for a while back in the late '70s.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)