ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dig ....with Brian Jonestown Massacre Return to archive
30th May 2006 09:38 PM
West 8 I just saw this last night. It was interesting enough,but I wonder how much was a put-on. Was that singer really that tempermental or was it a stunt for the cameras. Anyway for those who don't know it's this movie about 2 bands.The Brian Jonestown Massacre and The Danndy Warhols.
Some of music was damm good
31st May 2006 12:37 AM
pdog BJM is a really good band. I still haven't seen the flick. I do know the band has literally broken up on stage, had fist fights ect... The leader, whose name I can't remember right now, is a trust fund kid too. I beleive his old man committed suicide or something. He's crazy! Makes great music, and thank you for reminding me, I need to rent this movie.
Anyone who is moderately adventerous musically... Get Tepid Peppermint by BJM, it's a retrospective and it's an awesome, awesome collection of their music.
Trust me... With a name like Brian Jonestown Massacre, you better be good...
31st May 2006 06:43 AM
BrianJonesGirl Eh. I don't dig them.
[Edited by BrianJonesGirl]
31st May 2006 09:36 AM
Sir Stonesalot >but I wonder how much was a put-on. Was that singer really that tempermental or was it a stunt for the cameras<

I've seen the BJM in action. It's no put on. The worst of Dig happened about 12 inches from my face. There were no cameras for them to be playing to. I literally had to duck a flying hardshell Rickenbacker guitar case that Frankie threw at Anton. I caught the backsplash from a double Stoli Grayhound that Anton threw at Frankie. It was as ugly and uncomfortable and disconcerting as anything that was in the movie. And it was big time real.

It was also one of the most brilliant live performances of music that I have ever witnessed.

I had tickets to catch them a few weeks later in Baltimore...I'm still waiting for that show to happen. It's been a year and a half.

The Dandy Warhols are a great live band too. But don't let Dig fool ya. Courtney Taylor is every bit the egotistical headcase that Anton is...he's just not as violent.
31st May 2006 11:40 AM
pdog The Novaks... Did you recomend them? Whoever did, thank you. They're great!
31st May 2006 01:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot The Novaks? Never heard of them, so it wasn't me.
31st May 2006 01:30 PM
pdog Very Stonesy sounding music...
Check them out, tell me what you think...
http://www.thenovaksband.com/main.htm
31st May 2006 01:33 PM
Dan Saw them at Sunset Junction a few years ago. One of the worst gigs I have ever seen in my life by anybody.
31st May 2006 01:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot BJM or The Novaks?
31st May 2006 01:44 PM
Dan
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
BJM or The Novaks?

BJM! Never heard of the Novaks.
31st May 2006 02:11 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

BJM! Never heard of the Novaks.

Now you have, so click the link and listen. I'm curious to know what you and SS think... I fell in love with this band at first riff.
31st May 2006 05:21 PM
West 8 Sounds very cool. I might buy their disk
31st May 2006 06:12 PM
glencar Never saw the band live but I have seen "Dig!" and it was lotsa fun.
1st June 2006 08:38 AM
Sir Stonesalot I like what I heard on the website, and the clips on CD Baby sound cool. So I bought it. I'll let you know how I like it after I get it and let it sink in.

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated.
1st June 2006 08:55 AM
ExileInLA If you live in the states and have Comcast cable, this movie is on OnDemand.

I just watched it and was so blown away by the sheer craziness of this guy (Anton), but thought the music was really fucking good.
1st June 2006 09:42 AM
Sir Stonesalot If you liked the music in the movie Dig!, you might enjoy the 2 disc "Tepid Peppermint Wonderland"...a sort of greatest hits(even though they never had any hits) type anthology thing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00065U036/qid=1149169136/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-1826363-4575344?s=music&v=glance&n=5174
1st June 2006 12:44 PM
glencar Thanks for the link! I ordered it just now.
1st June 2006 01:46 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I like what I heard on the website, and the clips on CD Baby sound cool. So I bought it. I'll let you know how I like it after I get it and let it sink in.

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated.

The new Rainy Day Saints album is out too. I just ordered it from Get Hip along with the new Last Vegas record...
I'm having fun with rock and roll this year. It's amazing what the anticipation for a new stones record, only to be let down ,will do to my heat seeking rock and roll moisture detector capabilities!
and, I miss you... My kid loves Ryan Howard... He lvoes baseball, and this guy crush them... The Bull Jr.?
1st June 2006 01:47 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thanks for the link! I ordered it just now.

It goes good late at night, and driving in the car...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)