ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Header Return to archive
29th May 2006 10:58 PM
GotToRollMe Awesome work, Meg!
30th May 2006 04:39 AM
Gazza W.T.F. ??????

Speechless!!

Cant believe you two sneaks conspired to arrange this - I'm just surprised Gerardo didnt add the 'Gazza of Arabia' pic of me on a camel while he was at it......

Laughing my nuts off here...
[Edited by Gazza]
30th May 2006 05:43 AM
egon Have a very happy guiness day gary.

Looking forward to seeing you again in Nice.

30th May 2006 07:49 AM
Bruno
Gazza, you look a bit like Mike Mcready. Happy Birthday!
30th May 2006 09:42 AM
glencar Very Happy Birthday wishes Gazza! And someday, tell us the Jerry Hall story...
30th May 2006 09:56 AM
Monkey Woman Awesome header!!! Now, we want to have the "Gazza of Arabia" pic... camel included!

Have a great birthday, Gary! With crazy friends like that, you'll never stop laughing!
30th May 2006 09:57 AM
glencar I just wish a Bon Jovi picture had been included...
30th May 2006 09:58 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Now, we want to have the "Gazza of Arabia" pic... camel included!

We have something special for him
30th May 2006 10:05 AM
Monkey Woman I bet you have!
30th May 2006 10:19 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Make sure you unveil it before I leave to see Bruce!! Pretty Please!!
30th May 2006 10:29 AM
Gazza
quote:

if its a pic of me superimposed on top of Jon Bon Jovi instead of that camel, you're fuckin' dead, amigo....
30th May 2006 10:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just wish a Bon Jovi picture had been included...

plenty of them in the stickied thread! No need to pollute the place with any more!
30th May 2006 10:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Very Happy Birthday wishes Gazza! And someday, tell us the Jerry Hall story...

not really THAT much to tell. Was at the first Paris show in 1995 with friends from Holland and France (Andre Verhoeven and his wife, and Christian Fiot - for those of who you who might know them). Andre gets VIP passes for each show, and had an extra which I got. These werent for the sponsors area or anything like that but the STONES area. After being redirected around the place because we kept going to the wrong VIP tent (at one point we were sitting having a beer outside Bon Jovi's trailer. Unfortunately I hadnt brought a match with me), we ended up in the Stones VIP area. Apparently, band members and family never really mingle in this area but on this occasion Darryl Jones dropped by for a while - I had a nice chat with him for about five minutes, mostly about a Sting concert in Belfast about a decade earlier which he'd played at and seemed to recall in vivid detail. A few minutes later Jerry Hall strolled in with another woman who looked uncannily like a younger version of Bianca as I remember. One of the guys with us was a Japanese guy called Ken Sugiura who, as all Japanese do, happened to have his camera with him - hence the pic (he took one of me with Darryl as well). Jerry was very nice about posing for a pic, although she didnt say much.

I know I'm a shortarse (5'6) but she really IS tall. And was wearing heels. Looked very classy at close quarters. A few days earlier the infamous "pussy" shot of her (a censored version can be found here - http://www.rocksoff.org/luciana1.htm ) had appeared in Vogue magazine - which I'd happen to see at the airport en route to Paris and as that was actually the last photo I had seen before actually meeting her, it was somewhat hard to get THAT image out of my head!

It must have been the hottest day of the year. The irony was that they had all this free booze and food laid on for everyone in the VIP tent and I was so dehydrated that I stuck to water for most of the time. Typical luck - I follow the band for two decades, spend a fortune on them and when they finally give me something for nothing, I dont take advantage of it.

The added bonus to all this was that I missed having to stand through Bon Jovi's opening set.

[Edited by Gazza]
30th May 2006 10:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

if its a pic of me superimposed on top of Jon Bon Jovi instead of that camel, you're fuckin' dead, amigo....

No... LOL don't worry I have more imagination than that
30th May 2006 10:54 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:

No... LOL don't worry I have more imagination than that

Mr. Chileman is just one classy guy!!!
30th May 2006 11:01 AM
luxury1 great story, Gazza. I found it quite humorous that you almost fucked up the entire backstage experience, in typical Stonesian fashion, by failing to locate the correct area. I have had a few of those myself.....
[Edited by luxury1]
30th May 2006 07:51 PM
nankerphelge Happy B'day Gazza!

31st May 2006 01:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the header created by PartyDoll MEG and spoiled by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© 2006 PartyDoll MEG
31st May 2006 03:42 AM
FotiniD Great job Meg, really wonderful collage!

And Voodoo... The video header You crazy Mexicans I'm laughing so hard I can't work. Jesus, Jair should see this too!

I find it hard to stop saying "Fuck you Gazza", lol

Your girls are adorable by the way, Voodoo.
31st May 2006 09:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Yes they are... when they're asleep

Thanks for your kind comments about the video, I love it hope Gazza does
31st May 2006 12:26 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Great job Meg, really wonderful collage!

And Voodoo... The video header You crazy Mexicans I'm laughing so hard I can't work. Jesus, Jair should see this too!

Yes, Voodoo, I meant to mention that. Beautiful kids!
31st May 2006 12:40 PM
MrPleasant Happy Birthday, Header!!! And may all your little headers' dreams come true!!!
31st May 2006 12:46 PM
Jumping Jack Happy Birthday young man.
31st May 2006 01:06 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Happy Birthday, Header!!! And may all your little headers' dreams come true!!!

I knew it was just a matter of time...
31st May 2006 01:09 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I knew it was just a matter of time...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45663
1st June 2006 03:53 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Great job Meg, really wonderful collage!

The FYGWY Appreciation Society salutes ya Gazza
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)