ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guns and Roses Live on AOL - Awful ! (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th May 2006 07:53 PM
gotdablouse Just bumped into this http://www.aol.co.uk/rio/
Amazing how fat Axl fas become and how awfully he sings...Atlantic City '89 seems like a lifetime ago !

Another guy who lost his voice next week, ol' Roger Waters...RHCP should be more interesting though.

Amazing quality at 300kbps
[Edited by gotdablouse]
27th May 2006 08:20 PM
deuce How come I'm not seeing anything?
27th May 2006 08:29 PM
lotsajizz http://music.aol.com/network_live/concert_videos/rock_in_rio/live

It's not Axl that's really off...he sounds well, the mix sucks....he HAS gained a few pounds since the '02 tour however

he's got man-boobs!!

BUT

Izzy's back...Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin took the stage (May 17) with GNR for the songs "Think about You", "Patience" and "Nightrain" at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. DURING PATIENCE IZZY CRIED(!!!!!!!!).

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose made various references to Stradlin during their May 15 show at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

In addition, Kid Rock joined GN'R and Stradlin for "Nightrain".

GUNS N' ROSES 2006 touring lineup:

Axl Rose - Vocals
Robin Finck - Guitar
Ron Thal (Bumblefoot) - Guitar
Richard Fortus - Guitar
Tommy Stinson - Bass
Dizzy Reed - Keyboards
Chris Pittman - Keyboards
Brian "Brain" Mantia - Drums

Also Kid Rock jamed on Nightrain!!!! And Lenny Kravitz played guitars on several songs!!!!!!

Edited after viewing tonight's show---anyone who thinks the new band with this lineup does not stack up has their head up their ass....Brain and Stimson and Finck and Fortus are FAR better musicians and play better with Axl, without doubt...

Repeat after me: Axl is great, he can do no wrong; Axl is great, keep singing his songs; Axl is great, haters beware; Axl is great, even with braided hair

it took a while for the big guy to warm up and get over the TERRIBLE mix and mike problems, but he ALWAYS was a slow starter....the last hour was a good example of hw good they can be now (still not up their legendary Boston 12/02 performance however)...Paradise City hit the stratosphere.....

[Edited by lotsajizz]
27th May 2006 09:52 PM
luxury1 make that braided fake hair....
27th May 2006 09:59 PM
lotsajizz BUT...no knots luxy!!

27th May 2006 10:26 PM
scratched
27th May 2006 10:30 PM
lotsajizz word
28th May 2006 12:36 AM
glencar Is he bigger'n Mick - Taylor, that is?
28th May 2006 03:08 AM
pdog
quote:
deuce wrote:
How come I'm not seeing anything?

Consider yourself lucky.
I watched this, and felt bad to have at one time liked this band.
28th May 2006 05:45 AM
egon Let's stop calling it guns & roses, and use a proper name.

How about;

"axl rose, the guy that used to be in guns & roses,
and some other people that we've never heard of".

or otherwise something with the word "whiner" in it.
28th May 2006 06:42 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner Fuck Axl. That is not Guns N Roses. That is Axl's freaky circus. The poster above me summed it up perfectly.
28th May 2006 07:15 AM
lotsajizz it IS Guns N Roses...that lineup has been playing consistently since 1999, having done about forty shows together (exception, Buckethead replaced with Richard Thal this tour) .... quit living in the past

Is Brain a better drummer than Adler or Sorum...yes!
Is Stimson a better bassist than Duff--by a mile!
Are Finck, Fortus, and Thal better than Slash and Clarke?

Fuck yeah

This lineup is FAR superior

Which is why Izzy is back too...or did not anyone notice?

28th May 2006 11:35 AM
ebmp
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
it IS Guns N Roses...that lineup has been playing consistently since 1999, having done about forty shows together (exception, Buckethead replaced with Richard Thal this tour) .... quit living in the past

Fuck yeah

Izzy's not back, he just did the 4th Hammestein show. He IS NOT in the band
28th May 2006 01:26 PM
TooTough This is "Think About You" with Izzy.
takes a minute for Axl to say it, takes
forever for us to recognize it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgL988Q1YsM
28th May 2006 01:38 PM
PeerQueer Axl looks terrible and sounds worse.

This latest rendition is a complete travesty of a great legacy...
28th May 2006 01:57 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
it IS Guns N Roses...that lineup has been playing consistently since 1999, having done about forty shows together (exception, Buckethead replaced with Richard Thal this tour) .... quit living in the past

Fuck yeah

Sorry but GNR with Axl as the only original member is like The Stones with Mick Jagger as the only original member. Sure, you could replace Keith, Charlie and Ronnie with better musicians but it wouldn't be the same and I'd feel cheated. That's how I feel about Nu-GNR. Fuck them.

And no, Izzy isn't back in the band.
28th May 2006 05:36 PM
gotdablouse Gotta give him credit for coming up with new material (leaked at this point) of interest though, the other 4 guys haven't done or written ANYTHING of interest since 93.
28th May 2006 06:03 PM
lotsajizz yeah...and people here are acting like this is some great new revelation that Axl is touring with GnR and not Slash, Duff, and Sorum.....wake the fuck up sleepyheads...this version of GnR has been playing together some SEVEN years now--as long as Slash and Duff played with Axl and longer than Sorum....I could see these complaints back in '99 or '00 when they first toured without them....but, now? wake the FUCK up!!! the 80's are OVER and Axl is touring with new music and Slash still puts people to sleep in his live "performances"

28th May 2006 06:16 PM
stonestom Wait wait wait, Velvet Revolver came out with some good stuff. Fall to Pieces and Slither worked commercially. Dirty Little Thing and Set Me Free are kick ass rockers. Slash and Matt did a fine job with that album. Thats just wrong to say the other guys havent put anything good out. Just wrong.
28th May 2006 06:44 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
stonestom wrote:
Wait wait wait, Velvet Revolver came out with some good stuff. Fall to Pieces and Slither worked commercially. Dirty Little Thing and Set Me Free are kick ass rockers. Slash and Matt did a fine job with that album. Thats just wrong to say the other guys havent put anything good out. Just wrong.

_________

Yes- Velvet Revolver was one of the better releases of the past couple years and a decent live act as well.

Rose sucks these days. Anyone who doesn't see that is just attempting to relive the glory days. He is fat, botoxed, terrible fashion (the hair- good God!) and his voice at times sound totally shot.

This band is a Guns n Roses review show, and a low quality one at that.

Fucking revolting...
28th May 2006 06:54 PM
stonestom True......
28th May 2006 07:29 PM
lotsajizz False....said by people who have not seen what they are comparing

I have

28th May 2006 08:35 PM
stonestom Ohhhh jizzy boy. Talking alot of smack. Your like the politicans. I was at Hammerstien night 3. Good show. Not saying that Guns N Roses are bad today. All I was defending was the music put out by slash and Matt. Stop be so fucking belligerent. Pay attention you might learn something.
28th May 2006 11:26 PM
PeerQueer [quote]lotsajizz wrote:
False....said by people who have not seen what they are comparing

I have

______

Dude! I saw the AOL feed - they were utter shit! I was also at the Vancouver show a few years back when that fuckwit pulled out and riots followed...that version and this latest version is NOT Guns n Roses.

I saw Guns n Roses open for the Stones in LA during Steel Wheels - THAT was a great fucking band who stood toe-to-toe with the Stones. Rose was a fantastic front man then - a high speed ball of energy on the verge of total emotional collapse at any second who snarled and screamed his way to Rock n Roll royalty.

Now he's fat with the fake braided hair, puffy face, and 1/2 the voice and delivery he was once capable of...

I rank Guns n Roses as among the top 10 best bands of the last 50 years. This ain't them kiddo...no way, no how.
29th May 2006 12:05 AM
steel wls I love GNR, but this is a joke. If Mick and Keith never patched things up in the 80's we never would've settled for Mick putting together an entire new band and replacing Keith with a guy named friggin Bumblefoot! I don't care how bad Slash supposedly is now, Velvet Revolver was cool. And all those great tunes were originally written and created by the REAL GNR. And we'll see how good the bloated Axl's decade long Chinese Democracy really is.

Confucious say, "don't hold your breath"
29th May 2006 07:35 AM
lotsajizz seeing an AOL feed with a shitty mix is not "seeing them live" PQ....it's like saying you've seen Marily Monroe 'cuz you watched 'Some Like It Hot'--you viewed an image, you were not THERE
29th May 2006 12:26 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
seeing an AOL feed with a shitty mix is not "seeing them live" PQ....it's like saying you've seen Marily Monroe 'cuz you watched 'Some Like It Hot'--you viewed an image, you were not THERE

And the image I saw was of a terribly out of shape stumble-bum called Axl Rose incapable of delivering a solid tune...check out his breathing for God's sake! The man is washed up.

Sad - but also very fucking true.

Don't give me that bad mix bullshit - bad is bad, and this version of a once great band is fucking shit.
29th May 2006 01:18 PM
ebmp
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Don't give me that bad mix bullshit - bad is bad, and this version of a once great band is fucking shit.

Thats not true. The mix was REALLY bad and sometimes you could hear only the keyboards. I read several reviews from GNR fans, and non GNR fans that were at this show and all of them were positive. Sure, It will never be as big and great as Old GNR, but take this new band for what it it and you'll enjoy it. The new songs so far are waaayyy better than anything out there nowadays.
29th May 2006 02:04 PM
lotsajizz word
29th May 2006 02:12 PM
pdog
quote:
ebmp wrote:

Thats not true. The mix was REALLY bad and sometimes you could hear only the keyboards. I read several reviews from GNR fans, and non GNR fans that were at this show and all of them were positive. Sure, It will never be as big and great as Old GNR, but take this new band for what it it and you'll enjoy it. The new songs so far are waaayyy better than anything out there nowadays.

It ain't G&R, it's Axl's new band doing old G&R tunes, and the album he's ben making for 15 years. If you like it good for you. I think it's crap and there's much better stuff out there for me to listen to...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)