ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

IN MEMORY OF BILLY PRESTON
September 9, 1946 - June 6, 2006
© 1975 Neal Preston
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Greatest horror flicks? (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd May 2006 07:22 PM
glencar I thought "Saw" was supposed to be really scary. Is Saw 2 any better?
23rd May 2006 02:16 AM
corgi37 Evil Dead was awesome. What a great drive in movie that was! Evil Dead 2 was even better. Some truly imaginative directing.
23rd May 2006 08:46 AM
Madafaka Texas Chainsaw Massacre!
23rd May 2006 10:25 PM
texile the haunting
the exorcist
don't look now
all those cheesy hammer films from the 60s, early 70s.
anybody remember that period in the early-mid 70s where every tv movie had a supernatural theme? werwolves, ghosts etc...
it's a vague but disturbing childhood memory for me.
23rd May 2006 11:01 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves A Hard Days Night
Help
Let It Be
24th May 2006 01:19 AM
Twostoned Trilogy of Terror with Karen Black
24th May 2006 07:55 AM
Chuck I've only been scared by one movie: The Exorcist.
24th May 2006 12:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Childs Play.

I kinda liked Chucky though.

Bride of Chucky sucked though.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
24th May 2006 12:47 PM
Saint Sway I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO FRIGHTENED IN ALL MY LIFE as the time I sat cowering in the corner, covering my face and peeking at the screen thru my fingers at the Salt Lake Incident. OH THE HORROR!!!!
24th May 2006 03:02 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
texile wrote:

all those cheesy hammer films from the 60s, early 70s.

You see, I don't think of those films as "cheesy." They may be B-movies, with rather shoddy special effects at times, but there's still quality filmmaking in there. Take what is considered a mediocre effort like Dracula Has Risen from the Grave; despite it's B-movie status, it has great photography and lighting and the scenes on the rooftops give it a fantasy-like atmosphere.
24th May 2006 03:12 PM
glencar But what about Saw 2? Better'n the first one?
24th May 2006 03:14 PM
MrPleasant Glencar: Saw 2 is what Emotional Rescue was to Some Girls. Better!!
24th May 2006 03:15 PM
glencar Thank you! I wasn't too impressed with the first one but the second one sounded better.
24th May 2006 10:06 PM
texile
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:

You see, I don't think of those films as "cheesy." They may be B-movies, with rather shoddy special effects at times, but there's still quality filmmaking in there. Take what is considered a mediocre effort like Dracula Has Risen from the Grave; despite it's B-movie status, it has great photography and lighting and the scenes on the rooftops give it a fantasy-like atmosphere.

true, 'cheesy' was perhaps the wrong word -
i meant in an endearing/funky way.....because there was nothing like them - and they will NEVER be recreated.
they scare the shit out of me at 3 in the morning.
31st May 2006 11:02 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Mahatma Kane Jeeves wrote:
A Hard Days Night
Help
Let It Be

Oh come on another.
31st May 2006 11:07 PM
Kilroy The old ones still work for me and the kids. Frankenstein, Wolfman, The Creature, The Fly, The Phatom of the Opera, The Hutchback of Notre Dame, The Blob, Rosemary Baby, and of course Dracula...........No one mentioned the" Blair Witch Project".
1st June 2006 11:36 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
No one mentioned the" Blair Witch Project".

That's because it was already mentioned in the SCAM thread (a.k.a. the MARKETING thread).

Deleted line, from original script: "OH MY FUCKING GOD; RUN RUN RUN!!!, A BUNCH OF STICK AND STONES!!!!; WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!!!!!; ARGHAGHAGHGAHGHGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Bummer.
1st June 2006 04:04 PM
Highwire Rob Hey Man, What's really freaky is that this thread rose from the dead on page 2!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)