ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Beggars Banquet's sessions - Olympic Sound Studios, London - 10th June 1968
No Expectations and Sympathy For The Devil
Dean Goodhill

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ruby Tuesday Return to archive
05-30-02 12:36 PM
ericjudka I am looking to find out the meaning of the song Ruby Tuesday??? Any thoughts?? Also does anyone know if there is any connection between the song and the restaurant chain??? Thanks in advance.

eric
05-30-02 01:07 PM
nankerphelge YOu actually answered your own question -- the song is about the restaurant chain. In 1966, during their tour of the US, the band was at a local eatery in Mobile, Alabama. The owner was having a dickens of a time hanging the sign "Ruby Tuesday's" above the door. The Stones pitched in and tried to help, but to no avail. The sign was just too big and heavy. As they left, Mick is rumoured to have spoken the now famous line "Good Bye Ruby Tuesday's -- who could hang a name on you" and the rest is history.

Obligatory Substance Abuse Content: Ruby's has cold beer and good happy hours!

05-30-02 01:51 PM
moy who wrote the lyrics? mick said in an interview in 1995 that he didn't write the lyrics but loves to sing it
05-30-02 02:08 PM
gypsy I've read in several different books that Brian & Keith wrote "Ruby Tuesday" together. The song is supposed to be about Keith's girlfriend at the time, Jewish model Linda Keith. I remember reading that their collaboration made Mick jealous. I don't think Brian received writing credit for it either.
05-30-02 02:26 PM
Joey " I 've read in several different books that Brian & Keith wrote "Ruby Tuesday" together. The song is supposed to be about Keith's girlfriend at the time, Jewish model Linda Keith. I remember reading that their collaboration made Mick jealous. I don't think Brian received writing credit for it either. "

Gypsy , Your hard work , research and dedication is so much appreciated by all of us . I mentally sit at your feet , lick them , and with eyes wide open I listen intently to your Stonesian expoundings . Your attention to detail is unparalled in this orb of ours and you are a vital and coherent member of Stonesia . Bless You !!!!

Club Joey

" Clubby Bear "

05-30-02 02:55 PM
Taras oh, people, I heard that music was born in Brian's flat
by Brian and Keith, and Mick wrote the lyrics about the
girl who "comes and goes away"... Mick's dreaming about
absolute girl
That is all, good bye
05-30-02 03:26 PM
gypsy Look! I was there, man...we did smoke a lot of chiba that night. But, with God as my witness, it was written by Brian & Keith! Mick was not there! And, thank you, Joey, for believing in me...you are the wind beneath my wings!
05-30-02 03:35 PM
Miss U. That's pretty common knowledge by Stones fans, Joey....you didn't know that???

I never heard Nanker's story before though...that was interesting!!

Anyone have a photo of this place? Is it still running?
05-30-02 03:56 PM
nankerphelge It was total bullshit
But I did enjoy writing it!
05-30-02 03:59 PM
Miss U. Goddamn Nanker! LoL.

Maybe I should open a bar named Ruby Tuesday's....
05-30-02 06:54 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Miss U. wrote:
Goddamn Nanker! LoL.

Maybe I should open a bar named Ruby Tuesday's....

Like Bill Wyman's Sticky Fingers?
05-31-02 09:02 PM
ericjudka Thanks to all who have replied. I appreciate it.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road