ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Good night... sleep tide ;)
© Unkown Author but with thanks to Irina!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Duff McCagen - Nearly a Stone? Return to archive
30th May 2004 08:54 PM
corgi37 Article in Melbourne paper on Velvet Revolver yesterday had a interview with Duff. He said he was asked to join the Stones, but knocked them back. Is this wishfull thinking, a guy blowing his own trumpet, or fact? My impression at the time was of him contstantly hanging around Keith and Ronnie. I dont recall him ever being considered. Anyone know if he was ever considered?
30th May 2004 10:54 PM
Gimme Shelter Thats the first I ever heard that.
31st May 2004 09:36 AM
scratched
31st May 2004 09:46 AM
Steel Wheels Duff was never a front-runner for the gig. Why the Christ would anyone think that's a true story?

Charlie wouldn't play with him.
31st May 2004 04:31 PM
Night Clerk Axl Rose wouldn't even play with him.
31st May 2004 08:36 PM
corgi37 I thought it was crap too. Just big noting himself i guess.
1st June 2004 02:42 AM
beer yeah ok, a mediocre bass player turned down the gig of a lifetime to wallow in obscurity.

right.

bullshit.

1st June 2004 05:51 AM
FotiniD
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
He said he was asked to join the Stones, but knocked them back.

As what, a drunked out never ending poser?!
Get real Duff, Duffy, whatever.
1st June 2004 12:38 PM
Saint Sway how many out of work bass players do you know that would pass up a lucrative gig with the Stones?

especially one that was so down and out and had given completely up on his musical career that he decided to go back to college to try and get a degree

what a poser
1st June 2004 01:41 PM
glencar His new band was featured on a "Frontline" episode last week. What music they played sounded generic but it sounds like they've a hit on their hands. More coke up their collective noses.
1st June 2004 09:01 PM
Scottfree
quote:
scratched wrote:

1st June 2004 09:07 PM
Gazza He's talking through his arse.

Did he even audition for them when Bill left? No. If not, he'd hardly have been OFFERED the job. As if they'd give him the job THAT easy.

The only bassist actually offered the job was the guy who said yes.
1st June 2004 10:02 PM
PolkSalad