ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Good night... sleep tide ;)
© Unkown Author but with thanks to Irina!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick partying in Paris yesterday! Return to archive
29th May 2004 07:54 AM
Monkey Woman I found that tidbit in a French news website: Mick was a surprise guest at a party in Paris, this Tuesday. The occasion was the birthday party of Cathy Guetta (I don't know her but apparently, she works in fashion and she's famous in the Paris night club circuit), where she also presented her new perfume Ibiza. It was a big bash, with 350 guests, including Mick Jagger, Lenny Kravitz, Boris Becker...

Apparently, Mick didn't spend all the night there but came to say hello, as he knew the hostess and many of the guests. Fashion, glamour and celebrity: just his element!

Original article (in French):

quote:
Mick Jagger, Steven Seagull [Seagal?] et Lenny Kravitz invités surprise à l'anniversaire de Cathy Guetta

AP | 28.05.04 | 04:50

PARIS (AP) -- Cathy Guetta, reine des nuits parisiennes a bien du mal à ne pas faire dans la démesure quand elle fête à la fois son anniversaire et la présentation du parfum «Ibiza», dont elle a créé la fragrance.
Ce sont quelque 350 invités triés sur volet, possédant le fameux carton rose, objet jeudi soir de toutes les convoitises, qui se sont rendus au restaurant La Suite, dans le 8e arrondissement parisien, bercés par des rythmes ibizéens.
Mick Jagger, Steven Seagull, Lenny Kravitz ou Boris Becker faisaient partie des proches «venus faire un coucou», a confié Cathy Guetta à l'Associated Press.
Dînant et dansant sur les «mixes» de DJ Chris, frère de Cathy à la ville, les célébrités étaient nombreuses à se bousculer sur la piste de danse avant que quelque 300 autres personnes ne gagnent le restaurant.

http://permanent.nouvelobs.com/culture/20040528.FAP5098.html?0503
29th May 2004 09:01 AM
nankerphelge Well isn't that good news -- a partying Mick is a likely-to-get-his-skinny-lil'-ass-in-the-studio-and-get-to-recording-some-fucking-music Mick!!!

29th May 2004 10:43 AM
Main Offender Thank you MW. OK, he's in the right city so now pul-eeeeeeeeze, into the/a/any studio!
29th May 2004 12:11 PM
patriceg Hi there
Mick arrived at his hotel around 7 pm, he then went to 'La suite',which is 100 meters from the hotel with his chauffeur driven car and his bobyguard around 11pm. He stayed there for less than 10 minutes and then went back to the hotel. It looks like everybody could get into the club as we could see poeple getting there without being asked for their invitation. It didn't seem as if it was a private party.
We were really disappointed i was only with a couple of friends in front of the hotel and he didn't wanted to stop for us. same as on the last tour.
29th May 2004 01:25 PM
gotdablouse That would be the George V hotel I take it?
What made you got here? ;-)
30th May 2004 09:32 AM
F505 Well can you blame him? It must be very tiresome to see people always chasing you. But maybe that's the price of being Mick....
31st May 2004 06:00 PM
Monkey Woman And we even know who he was talking to: Dolores Chaplin (granddaughter of the late but immortal Charlie Chaplin).
31st May 2004 06:47 PM
Jumacfly Cathy Getta is the ugliest bitch of Paris nights...
1st June 2004 09:04 AM
patriceg Well a friend of mine had a rendez vous in front of the GV and as he was waiting for his girlfriend he saw Mick getting into the hotel so he called me immediately.
sometimes you're just at the right place at the right time.
1st June 2004 09:19 AM
Joey

I thought this was a thread about Mick Jagger / Paris Hilton .
1st June 2004 10:49 AM
Monkey Woman Thumbs up, Patrice!
1st June 2004 10:54 AM
jb Steven Seagall and Mick ....
1st June 2004 11:11 AM
egon I watched 2 (two) steven segal movies lately.

Why?

I have no idea.
1st June 2004 11:19 AM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:
I watched 2 (two) steven segal movies lately.

Why?

I have no idea.

He has weird hair.
1st June 2004 11:28 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

He has weird hair.

He has Mob connections .
1st June 2004 01:43 PM
glencar So, has Mick made the French Open yet? Lotsa hot Russkies...