ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Good night... sleep tide ;)
© Unkown Author but with thanks to Irina!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith and Smoking! Return to archive
28th May 2004 09:25 AM
BillyBoll Just received this from The Rocking Vicar, which is a jokey newsletter associated with WORD magazine:

"Disconcerting news reaches the Virtual Vicarage that threatens the very foundations of the worlds of both rock and its first cousin roll. Brace yourselves, the faithful: Keith Richards has apparently given up smoking. Can I call upon the parish to confirm this monstrous allegation and, if true, attempt by any means available to reverse the situation with all speed. Keith Richards will - indeed MUST - smoke again."

Anyone know anything about this?
[Edited by BillyBoll]
28th May 2004 09:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well more power to him if it's true. But it may serve to help those who would argue that Bogart was cooler than Keith because Bogie never quit smoking....of course he did die from throat cancer but wtf. "live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse."
28th May 2004 09:48 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Well more power to him if it's true. But it may serve to help those who would argue that Bogart was cooler than Keith because Bogie never quit smoking....of course he did die from throat cancer but wtf. "live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse."

I suppose that if it's true, then it has to do with health issues. Supposedly some doctor told him to quit now? But I have to admit, it doesn't sound so real to me.

P.S. I don't think that mankind has ever been graced with a human being that approaches the term of "coolness" better than Keith Richards the great All other comparisons fail.
28th May 2004 10:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
P.S. I don't think that mankind has ever been graced with a human being that approaches the term of "coolness" better than Keith Richards the great All other comparisons fail.

Well that may be true. And I can't deny it. However nothing can exist in a vaccume, so other refernece points become necessary. A line can't exist without 2 points and all that. LOL.
28th May 2004 10:28 AM
Joey

28th May 2004 12:38 PM
scratched
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
Keith Richards has apparently given up smoking

Weirdly enough, so have I (yesterday)! Good luck Keef!
28th May 2004 01:57 PM
Monkey Woman I can't picture Keith without a smoke...
But then, yeah, more power to him if he stops. He does want to live a long life, after all!
28th May 2004 02:28 PM
Saint Sway Keith smokes??

since when?
28th May 2004 02:38 PM
NHStonesfan [quote]Saint Sway wrote:
Keith smokes??

since when?

He was just experimenting
28th May 2004 03:54 PM
Prodigal Son Yeah, he'll say "The experiment has ended" like he did about his heroin addiction in the 70s. But seriously, if he quit wouldn't the withdrawal syndrome hit him hard? He's smoked for about 45 years or so. Plus, what will he do in public now? I guess he'll just have to have one of those fake cigarettes and it will blow out steam rather than smoke.
28th May 2004 09:41 PM
mac_daddy quit smoking what?
28th May 2004 10:01 PM
Bloozehound i hear him and willie smoke the shit out of dat weed
30th May 2004 01:29 PM
Factory Girl I think it'll be a huge shock to his system if he quits cigs.

Remember, what happened when Jerry Garcia tried to quit drugs???

We all must embrace our vices...lol.
30th May 2004 02:09 PM
F505 We should get worried if he stops drinking
31st May 2004 02:14 PM
quackenbush Relax everyone, Billy Boll is reporting from some jokey newsletter few of us have ever heard of. What are this Vicar's sources?
[Edited by quackenbush]