ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Good night... sleep tide ;)
© Unkown Author but with thanks to Irina!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where U From? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
28th May 2004 04:59 AM
Monkeytonkman just curious, but seeing as I'm pretty new to these pages i thought I would get my bearings by finding out who comes from where and what kind of things people do to make a living.

Seems theres quite a few people from the States here, along with some mainland Europeans. are there many people from old blighty? and how on gods green earth are you gonna fund your next Stones tour. I'm gonna have serious problems scraping together enough cash for what I wanna do when they tour next.

Is this place full of rich dudes, and if so,lend me a fiver!
28th May 2004 05:08 AM
Gazza Theres quite a few of us from the UK..and the board is 1/3 UK owned.....also quite a few folks from pretty much all of the European countries,Australia,Mexico,Argentina,Brazil, Israel and Canada as well as the US of course
28th May 2004 05:13 AM
UGot2Rollme I grew up in the Philly (PA, USA) area, but am now residing in Basel, Switzerland. I don't know how to find the thread, but I did a survey of RO members (titled: How Global Are We?) a 2-3 months ago - had over 80 replies, so maybe someone can locate fyi.

Monkeytonk where U from?
[Edited by UGot2Rollme]
28th May 2004 07:45 AM
marko This bastards is from finland.
28th May 2004 08:25 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
Is this place full of rich dudes, and if so,lend me a fiver!

Certainly not rich if you ask me
Last tour I worked high speed all year long to get me ship fares and tickets for the Milan gig - man, are wages in Greece low

If you really wanna see the Stones, you can do it, really. Ok, maybe I don't get to see them around the globe or most gigs of the tour, like some guys here can (and I'm so jealous of you dears ) but even one gig is really, really special and a topic to talk for even years after!

I got to see them first live here in Greece. Then I started saving money for the London gigs 99, but I couldn't make it (terrible, terrible row of unlucky events! don't even wanna think about that!) and when finally I got the tickets for San Siro last year I couldn't believe my eyes! I tried to make it to the Amsterdam show as well, but no luck.

So work hard, work extra hours, sell half your house and you're there mate Nah, European prices are cheaper anyway.

(Wow, that post got me the gig fever again... Come on, we need it soon!)

28th May 2004 08:36 AM
LadyJane I'm from the USA and I am definitely NOT rich. Just willing to go into major credit card debt for a good cause!!!

Stashing money already!!!

LJ.
28th May 2004 11:50 AM
voodoopug I am from just outside of Chicago. I am certainly not rich, but my credit card company is getting rich off the interest from the last tour. I was hoping jb was going to settle the bill for me, but i guess not.
28th May 2004 12:15 PM
magicwoman i am from Holland the province : Gelderland
Town: Ede
28th May 2004 12:26 PM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
This bastards is from finland.

You are indeed one mad , crazy , friggin bastard .......................and I love you .

Jercee !
28th May 2004 12:27 PM
telecaster Southfork Ranch, Dallas Texas
28th May 2004 12:28 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Southfork Ranch, Dallas Texas

Tele ........................................

" Cattleman's Club " !!!! Noon !!!!! -- Bring your drinking shoes cause " Daddy's Buying " all afternoon .

J.
28th May 2004 12:31 PM
Zeeta Leeds UK as in the historic "Get yer Leeds Lungs Out"

Living in London for now!

I am skint as a flint!
28th May 2004 12:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
I am skint as a flint!

What Englishman isn't?
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
28th May 2004 12:35 PM
Zeeta Keith Richards, Macca, Jagger, Richard Branson etc
28th May 2004 12:52 PM
polksalad69
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I am from just outside of Chicago. I am certainly not rich...

Likewise, near west 'burbs.
28th May 2004 12:59 PM
jb I was born in New York but moved to Florida when I was nine. I am currently a 41 year old male residing in Boca Raton, Fl. My law practice is located in Hollywood , Florida. I have had a difficult year as I am going through some personal issues and have chronic pain in my back, right flank, pelvis, and stomach....I thought I was successful b/c I made a good living, drove a fancy car, lived in a 6 bedroom 6.5 bath Mediteranean 2 story home, but I have sadly learned that without the love of your family and good health, all that means nothing.

P.S,-I forgot to mention that I have become "irregular" and at 41 have to take Citrcal every night in order to have a bowel movement the next day.
[Edited by jb]
28th May 2004 01:13 PM
scratched
quote:
jb wrote:
P.S,-I forgot to mention that I have become "irregular" and at 41 have to take Citrcal every night in order to have a bowel movement the next day.

Thanks jb.
28th May 2004 01:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]jb wrote:
I was born in New York but moved to Florida when I was nine. I am currently a 41 year old male residing in Boca Raton, Fl. My law practice is located in Hollywood , Florida. I have had a difficult year as I am going through some personal issues and have chronic pain in my back, right flank, pelvis, and stomach....I thought I was successful b/c I made a good living, drove a fancy car, lived in a 6 bedroom 6.5 bath Mediteranean 2 story home, but I have sadly learned that without the love of your family and good health, all that means nothing.

I'm glad you learned that. Chronic pain is something that I could never deal with. Hope I never do. There just ain't enough morphine to go around. I suppose it's being hoarded in "secret underground locations". But you are a jew and you know from Noah on down that no one ever said it was going to be easy. But look at it this way. Someday the chips are cashed. And it won't be in gold or oil or other "precious" commodites.
28th May 2004 01:19 PM
The_Worst I am from the heart of Sopranos country, the great Garden State!!!
28th May 2004 01:23 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
[quote]jb wrote:
I was born in New York but moved to Florida when I was nine. I am currently a 41 year old male residing in Boca Raton, Fl. My law practice is located in Hollywood , Florida. I have had a difficult year as I am going through some personal issues and have chronic pain in my back, right flank, pelvis, and stomach....I thought I was successful b/c I made a good living, drove a fancy car, lived in a 6 bedroom 6.5 bath Mediteranean 2 story home, but I have sadly learned that without the love of your family and good health, all that means nothing.

I'm glad you learned that. Chronic pain is something that I could never deal with. Hope I never do. There just ain't enough morphine to go around. I suppose it's being hoarded in "secret underground locations". But you are a jew and you know from Noah on down that no one ever said it was going to be easy. But look at it this way. Someday the chips are cashed. And it won't be in gold or oil or other "precious" commodites.

I too never thought I would suffer from chronic pain and truly understand how people become addicted to pain killers or worse , take their own lifes....
28th May 2004 01:42 PM
not bound to please
sometimes I vacation in a crevice in your head.

28th May 2004 01:44 PM
jb
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I am taking my kids to see "The day after tomorrow" this evening..I am very excited.
28th May 2004 01:55 PM
not bound to please
quote:
jb wrote:

I am taking my kids to see "The day after tomorrow" this evening..I am very excited.

I'm still thinking of seeing Troy. And The Saddest Music in the World.

28th May 2004 02:00 PM
Joey " I was born in New York but moved to Florida when I was nine. I am currently a 41 year old male residing in Boca Raton, Fl. My law practice is located in Hollywood , Florida. "

" I have had a difficult year as I am going through some personal issues and have chronic pain in my back, right flank, pelvis, and stomach...."

" I thought I was successful b/c I made a good living, drove a fancy car, lived in a 6 bedroom 6.5 bath Mediteranean 2 story home, but I have sadly learned that without the love of your family and good health, all that means nothing. "

" P.S,-I forgot to mention that I have become "irregular" and at 41 have to take Citrcal every night in order to have a bowel movement the next day. "

Doctor Joey's orders :

28th May 2004 02:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

Likewise, near west 'burbs.

I live in Glendale Heights, you far from there? IF not lets meet for a beer someday...on you! j/k

The Voodoo PUgs will back in the city middle of june!
28th May 2004 03:00 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Inside my head there are dendritic coils heaped in lifeless disarray , their synapses torn and frayed ..............

There is also THIS :

28th May 2004 04:01 PM
polksalad69
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I live in Glendale Heights, you far from there? IF not lets meet for a beer someday...on you! j/k

The Voodoo PUgs will back in the city middle of june!

Work in Villa Park but live a few miles east of there in Cook County. Check yer pmz...
28th May 2004 04:04 PM
Joey
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

Work in Villa Park but live a few miles east of there in Cook County. Check yer pmz...

Polksalad70 ......................you do NOT have a PM !

Repeat ..........................Do NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burcee !
28th May 2004 05:06 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Joey wrote:

Polksalad70 ......................you do NOT have a PM !

Repeat ..........................Do NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

polksalad69
Knight in the Primeval Order of III

[Edited by polksalad69]
28th May 2004 05:14 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

Page: 1 2 3