ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Good night... sleep tide ;)
© Unkown Author but with thanks to Irina!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Licks Tour: No Live Album Return to archive
25th May 2004 01:04 AM
Gimme Shelter I was just watching Four Flicks and it occured to me that the Licks tour is the first tour in a long while that hasn't had a live album. So I was thinking what a cool song list there could have been if they had put out a Live Licks album. Here it goes.

1. Street Fighting Man
2. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Neighbours
4. Don't Stop
5. Rock Me Baby
6. She Smiled Sweetly
7. Worried About You
8. Loving Cup
9. The Nearness Of You
10. Thru & Thru
11. I Just Want To Make Love To You
12. Dance (Pt. 1)
13. Stray Cat Blues
14. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
15. When the Whip Comes Down
16. I Can't Turn You Loose
17. Love Train
25th May 2004 01:12 AM
erikjjf Four Flicks IS the official live documentation of the Licks tour.
25th May 2004 03:29 AM
IanBillen
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
Four Flicks IS the official live documentation of the Licks tour.

I was SOoooooooo glad and relieved they didn't do the run in the mill follow up with a Stones Live album for Licks like the last 4 major tours. 81,89, 94 (we'll some of it)97. They needed to let one slide yet Four flicks is really neat. I am much happier with that this time.
Ian
25th May 2004 03:47 AM
Monkeytonkman gotta agree that, the one thing that the licks tour didn't need was another non-essential live album.

They've been issuing them periodically since Still life, and it was time for a new approach, which Four flicks sure was. A fresher angle which took advantage of a new media format.

25th May 2004 05:08 AM
Gazza actually, theyve marked every major tour from 1975 to BTB with a live album (only 1978, which was a short US tour of about 25 shows wasnt caprured in this format)

No Security had the poorest sales of any album release the band had ever sanctioned. Proof enough that theyd milked the concept to death.

With all the information you can get on a DVD, live albums have become pretty redundant. Had they put out another one, they'd have crucified for it's pointlessness.

What gets it into perspective is when you see the band's album output since they left Decca in 1970.

Studio albums : 13
Live albums : 5
Compilations : 6

The first four albums on Rolling Stones Records were studio albums. In the 20 years since then, of the 20 albums theyve released on that label, only 9 have been studio albums. Every album theyve toured behind since (except "Some Girls") has had a "souvenir" live album.

Four Flicks was indeed fantastic and the best souvenir of any tour, ever.

Here's hoping someday they'll do a career retrospective DVD to bear comparision to it.
25th May 2004 06:21 AM
shakedhandswithkeith I´m so glad they did not made a live album.

are here some news about the recording for the new album?
25th May 2004 10:09 AM
Jumping Jack Play a rip of the official DVD if you need a live CD.
25th May 2004 01:36 PM
Ronnie B. Wood you dont have to mean it should be realesed on that album...
27th May 2004 10:04 PM
cwatts0462
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I was just watching Four Flicks and it occured to me that the Licks tour is the first tour in a long while that hasn't had a live album. So I was thinking what a cool song list there could have been if they had put out a Live Licks album. Here it goes.

1. Street Fighting Man
2. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Neighbours
4. Don't Stop
5. Rock Me Baby
6. She Smiled Sweetly
7. Worried About You
8. Loving Cup
9. The Nearness Of You
10. Thru & Thru
11. I Just Want To Make Love To You
12. Dance (Pt. 1)
13. Stray Cat Blues
14. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
15. When the Whip Comes Down
16. I Can't Turn You Loose
17. Love Train

why would you need one

28th May 2004 08:04 AM
quackenbush It would be great if the Stones would release some of the club shows on disc.
28th May 2004 11:04 AM
Gimme Shelter I don't know, I have always loved the live albums.