ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Good night... sleep tide ;)
© Unkown Author but with thanks to Irina!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Show Us Yer Faces Redux Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
20th May 2004 02:19 AM
Zack Sorry, I'll answer my own question:

(l to r) Stonesdoug, Nanker, SirStonesalot, TomL, Fleabit Peanut Monkey, and Old KR.

20th May 2004 09:33 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

That's my question. Why wait?

Riffhard

I won't be too verbose in my answer, because I'm as sick as everyone about how my joke about Bush supporters not being able to see our picture turned into a barfight.

The answer to "why wait?" is that NOW we have the bulk of our armed forces tied down in Iraq, with no end in sight, and if we need to go after an enemy which actually IS an immediate threat to us, we can't. In fact, we just shifted 4,000 troops out of S Korea - guarding against a dictator who is the equal to Saddam in evil and who actually DOES have WMDs - to bolster our exhausted troops in Iraq.

Another answer to "why wait" might be that we could've at least given a few more months to serious consideration of the consequences. Bush might've listened to Colin Powell a little more and Rumsfeld a little less.

And yet another reason might be that the 790 American lives lost, thousands maimed, and billions of dollars thrown away are simply too steep a price for what became, after the fact, a crusade to cram democracy down Iraq's throat whether they want it or not.

After 9/11 we needed to pull together as a nation, and did, briefly, with the good will of the world. Bush's war has divided the country (think of this board as a microcosm) and has made the rest of the world despise us in a way they didn't despise Saddam. I noticed you repeated SS's old (and now outmoded) simile of having the biggest cock - well, it's a lot more attractive (and powerful) to let the bulge in your pants tell the story.

Waving it in people's faces just makes people think you're a dick.
[Edited by FPM C10]
20th May 2004 10:08 AM
Joey

...........Is it just me or does FPM seem to appear a lot more " healthy " these days ?!?!?!

20th May 2004 10:13 AM
jb I like nanker's shirt....
20th May 2004 10:19 AM
Joey

What's with all the facial hair ?!?!

Developing .....................................
20th May 2004 10:20 AM
jb I was surprised as well given the fact that most law firms usually frown on that type of expression...
[Edited by jb]
20th May 2004 10:28 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I was surprised as well given the fact that most law firms usually frown on that type of expression...
[Edited by jb]

...........but don't frown on THIS :

www.GasBuddy.com
20th May 2004 10:30 AM
throbby Hey JB! Why do they frown upon it? Does facial hair make clients feel uncomfortable or less trusting?
20th May 2004 10:38 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey JB! Why do they frown upon it? Does facial hair make clients feel uncomfortable or less trusting?

When I worked for a large firm, the partners frowned upon facial hair claiming it looked "unprofessional"...particulary a goatee...And yes, I think certain institutional type clients(banks, large corps, etc) are uncomfortable with that type of look. Since I've been on my own the past 9 years, I grow a goatee more or less on a weekly basis and shave it off if I have a jury trial...
20th May 2004 10:39 AM
gypsy Oldkr looks studious.
20th May 2004 10:44 AM
Joey " Since I've been on my own the past 9 years, I grow a goatee more or less on a weekly basis and shave it off if I have a jury trial... "

20th May 2004 10:48 AM
jb I like that "shocked" smiley face a lot..which category is it under?
20th May 2004 10:50 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I like that "shocked" smiley face a lot..which category is it under?

http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/pages/surprise01.htm

Come to Joey ..............................

Got tomorrow off work again -- No Posting !

Remember , you promised that we would REACH 10K together .......................

Developing ....................................

J. Fly !
20th May 2004 10:52 AM
nankerphelge Well I grew it when we were down in Disney over New Years. I was sick as hell and didn't shave for a week and did the ol' Van Dyke (stash & goat) on a lark.

I considered shaving it for my interview with this firm (even tho I had worked here before) because, as jb notes, big firms are pretty conservative with respect to such things since clients and judges are. But I think that has loosened a bit.

By the way, the T-shirt is from the famed Memory Motel in Montauk, NY!!!
20th May 2004 10:52 AM
didst thou seem
quote:
Joey wrote:

Remember , you promised that we would REACH 10K together .......................

This is so touching.

20th May 2004 10:53 AM
jb Remember , you promised that we would REACH 10K together .......................

20th May 2004 10:55 AM
didst thou seem
quote:
jb wrote:

The big question - will one of you be faking it?
20th May 2004 11:03 AM
throbby So, do women prefer a cleanly shaven man or one who prefers to "express" himself?
20th May 2004 11:07 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hello? Anyone there? SS? Sirmoonie? FPM?

I took time to respond to this question and now there seems to be a deafening silence. What up wit tat?

Sorry, I spent the rest of the day drinking.

You didn't respond to anything I said. To be fair, I don't think I asked you to - just politely pointed out that trashing decorated Vietnam vets is un-American. At least thats what I've heard. Your silence on that was deafening.

I've heard the Saddam is bad man bit many times, and the WWII stuff you added looks like something from a high school pop quiz you kept around. Anyway, no one disagrees on Saddam. I sure don't. I'd like to bust a cap in his ass! You may recall I was very much for this war.

However, if facts that have come to light since, coupled with what the players in the Bush administration admit was an inadequate and unattended plan in the first place, haven't caused you to AT LEAST question the choice to occupy Iraq, then its obviously a religious issue for you, and there is no set of facts I can recite here that will shake the fundamental tenets of your deeply held faiths. I don't want to even try - spirituality is overall a good thing I suppose, and far be it from me to try and disprove ethereal things that can't be proved in the first place.

Bongs,

sirmoonie
20th May 2004 11:19 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Sorry, I spent the rest of the day drinking.

You didn't respond to anything I said. To be fair, I don't think I asked you to - just politely pointed out that trashing decorated Vietnam vets is un-American. At least thats what I've heard. Your silence on that was deafening.

I've heard the Saddam is bad man bit many times, and the WWII stuff you added looks like something from a high school pop quiz you kept around. Anyway, no one disagrees on Saddam. I sure don't. I'd like to bust a cap in his ass! You may recall I was very much for this war.

However, if facts that have come to light since, coupled with what the players in the Bush administration admit was an inadequate and unattended plan in the first place, haven't caused you to AT LEAST question the choice to occupy Iraq, then its obviously a religious issue for you, and there is no set of facts I can recite here that will shake the fundamental tenets of your deeply held faiths. I don't want to even try - spirituality is overall a good thing I suppose, and far be it from me to try and disprove ethereal things that can't be proved in the first place.

Bongs,

sirmoonie

Laughing on the bus
Playing games with the faces ;
She said the man in the gabardine suit was a spy
I said "Be careful his bowtie is really a camera" ......................

Woooooooooooooooo Woooooooooooooooooo !!!!!

Joey Garfunkel !
20th May 2004 11:22 AM
jb My urologist told me that a vascectomy leaves about 3% of men with chronic testicular pain.
[Edited by jb]
20th May 2004 11:36 AM
sirmoonie Bongs can help to alleviate chronic scrotal pain.
20th May 2004 11:38 AM
Nasty Habits Not to mention the relief they provide from chronic disillusionment.

20th May 2004 11:39 AM
throbby As can a well placed tongue
20th May 2004 11:39 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Bongs can help to alleviate chronic scrotal pain.

"Kathy, I'm lost," I said, though I knew she was sleeping ;
I'm empty and aching and I don't know why.........
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike :
They've all gone to look for America .....
All gone to look for America ..........

( Joey Garfunkel now ready to hit the high notes )

All gone to look for Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

( tremendous applause + standing ovation + tears running down everyone's cheeks in the audience + young Joey Garfunkel standing all alone in the spotlight saying , " I thank you !!! " ....." I thank You !!!! " ...whilst Paul Simon glowers in the background )

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Joey Garfunkel !
20th May 2004 11:42 AM
gypsy I thought that emoticon was more of a "blowjob" face as opposed to a "shocked" expression, jb.
20th May 2004 11:43 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
didst thou seem wrote:
This is so touching.

Know it sounds funny but I just can't stand the pain
Girl, I'm leaving you tomorrow
Seems to me girl you know I've done all I can
You see I begged, stole and I borrowed ... yeah ooh

Ooh, that's why I'm easy
I'm easy like sunday morning
That's why I'm easy
I'm easy like sunday mooooooooorning

Why in the world would anybody put chains on me?
I've paid my dues to make it
Everybody wants me to be what they want me to be
And Im not happy when I try to fake it yeah

I wanna be high so high
I wanna be free to know the things I do are right
I wanna be free just me oh baby uh
20th May 2004 11:45 AM
gypsy Thanks, SM. I'm going to listen to Lionel during my drive to work today.
20th May 2004 11:51 AM
Joey

20th May 2004 11:53 AM
Joey What's New, Pussycat?

What's new, pussycat?
Whoa-oh
What's new, pussycat?
Whoa-oh oh

Pussycat pussycat ,
I've got flowers and lots of hours
to spend with you.
So go and power your cute little pussycat nose

Pussycat, pussycat I love you
Yes I do
You and your pussycat nose.

What's new, pussycat?
Whoa-oh
What's new, pussycat?
Whoa-oh oh

Pussycat, pussycat,
You're so thrilling and I'm so willing
to care for you.
So go and make up you big little pussy cat eyes

Pussycat, pussycat, I love you
Yes I do
You and your pussycat eyes.

What's new, pussycat?
Whoa-oh
What's new, pussycat?
Whoa-oh oh

Pussycat, pussycat,
You're delicious and if my wishes
Can all come true,
I'll soon be kissing your sweet little pussycat lips.

Pussycat, pussycat, I love you
Yes I do
You and your pussycat lips.
Whoa-oh
You and your pussycat eyes.
Whoa-oh
You and your pussycat nose.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12