ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Good night... sleep tide ;)
© Unkown Author but with thanks to Irina!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Show Us Yer Faces Redux Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
17th May 2004 03:03 PM
throbby Cool shirt SS! I was sportin' mine yesterday while strolling through one of the local malls. There I was with my long hair, Keith blankly staring a presidential stare from my chest, "left wing" type food digesting in my stomach, thoughts of hot sex floating through my mind....

I recieved a few dirty looks which kind of amazed me considering it's 2004 and not 1968.

There are times when I feel that the sex, drugs, and rock and roll of the 60's/70's never took place. Everywhere I looked I was confronted with the Orwellian reality of today.

Remember, "they hate us for our freedom"
17th May 2004 03:07 PM
throbby nankerphelge wrote:
I can't see the pic either dammit!

Don't worry Nanker, you look absolutely stunning!
17th May 2004 03:09 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Cool shirt SS! I was sportin' mine yesterday while strolling through one of the local malls. There I was with my long hair, Keith blankly staring a presidential stare from my chest, "left wing" type food digesting in my stomach, thoughts of hot sex floating through my mind....

I recieved a few dirty looks which kind of amazed me considering it's 2004 and not 1968.

There are times when I feel that the sex, drugs, and rock and roll of the 60's/70's never took place. Everywhere I looked I was confronted with the Orwellian reality of today.

Remember, "they hate us for our freedom"

Hey Throbby!!! I love when Sean Hannity uses that "they hate us for our freedom" line....LMFAO!!!
17th May 2004 03:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Teacher, I mean SS, are you under some contractual obligation somewhere that you have to barge into the middle of every single thread on Rocks Off with your personal opinion of what everyone should or shouldn't do and should and shouldn't like?<

Well yeah...didn't you get the memo? It was sent to everyone who isn't a fascist pig.......oh. I see. Never mind.

>Or does your friend Fleabit need a protector?<

Looked like he was doing just fine to me. Honestly, I thought you were refering to me in your original post. I'm the one in his 30's and broke...Flea's much older than I...but he has enough hair for both of us.

>Can't he answer for himself?<

Yeah, he probably will sometime. I'm here now. You'll just have to deal with it.

>Or are you just feeling ignored?<

No. Gypsy always pays real good attention to me, and who could want anymore than that!?! BTW, has she ever sent you naked pics of herself? No??? That's too bad. She is the real deal. The pics she sent me are just smoldering with dusky sensuality. Seeing a body like that almost makes me rethink my athiest stance. But even more than that is that she is even more beautiful on the inside. So genuine. You could learn a whole bunch from her dude.

Well, on the other hand...can't teach old dogs new tricks either.

Heh heh heh.

17th May 2004 03:24 PM
Snappy McJack f
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
17th May 2004 03:30 PM
throbby Yep!

Hey JB! How are things in sunny Florida these days? I recently recieved a new boot from '73. One of the Empire Pool London shows. Not perfect quality, but boy does MT play his guitar.
17th May 2004 03:31 PM
Factory Girl I can't see the pic!
17th May 2004 03:33 PM
jb Things are O.K.-Sunny today and around 90 degrees.. I listen to the boots you sent me virtually everyday...I wish there were some more hidden gems out there....Thanks again-JB
17th May 2004 03:47 PM
Riffhard I can't see it either.

I have in fact met both FPM and SS at the Celebration of the Blimp,and both are very cool cats. I am on the Republican side of the aisle though and I don't think that that makes me a "fascist pig" anymore than it makes these two lefties "commie bastards".

If you don't like Bush fine by me. I personally have a bunch bigger problem with Islamic assholes that want all of us dead. At least Bush sees the threat as a real and present danger. The same cannot be said about Kerry,who continually harps on the fact that he was in Nam for all of four fucking months. Join us here in the 21st century Johnboy. Go to any Islamic website and see what they are posting on them. Wake up and smell the global jihad my friends. They are an evil lot and they want you dead. Democrat or Republican it does not matter. If your not putting yourself in a prone position towards Mecca three times a day then you and your family must be killed. If you choose to think that it's Bush's fault that these radical freaks think this way then you are dilusional. Let's not forget all the "acts of war" that they committed during the Clinton admin. He was to busy seducing a twenty one year old and soddomizing her with cigars to notice I guess.

However,I could still sit down and quaff a few frothy pints of Guinness with these two commie bastards while cranking the Stones! Because their my friends that's why!

Riffhard

17th May 2004 03:52 PM
jb I fundamnetally agree with you Riffhard.....I don't think the issue of terrorism should be a partisan issue....Regardless of our party affiliation, the Islamist extremists want us all dead....I trust that both Kerry and Bush understand the nature of this threat and are committed to expunging these animals from the face of the earth....By the way, that story on 60 minutes about Muslims in France really explained a lot too me...
17th May 2004 04:10 PM
luxury1 Well spoken Riffy!!
17th May 2004 04:24 PM
Riffhard Yeah Josh I know that you "get it". I just wish more people did. I'm sick to death of seeing the USA slammed and called the biggest threat to world peace when you can go on any number of Islamic websites and read the hate filled shit that they are propossing.

The fact is that in the history of civilazation there has never been a more benevolent country than the USA. This is not opinion. It is fact. We give more humanitarrian aid then all of Europe combined annually. How are we thanked? By being disparaged and called thugs. It sucks having the biggest cock on the block because everyone wants to knock us down a peg. However,Islamism is a global threat not just a threat against the USA. Hence,the term that the Jihaddist use,Global Jihad. So the rest of the world would be wise to come to grips with the fact that it's not the USA and the UK who is the threat,but these radical fucks. I mean shit France is overrun by these types. I have a friend in France that recently told me that it has gotten completely out of hand over there.

I should say that I'm not trying to pound my chest here. I like Europe and have there many times. I have found most of the people very nice and cordial. However,lately slamming the USA has become quite acceptable and I think that that is deplorable considering how many American GIs call parts of Europe their final resting place. How many Islamists have died to defend Europe?

It's time for the rest of the world to regognize the real enemy.

Riffhard
17th May 2004 04:28 PM
jb It's funny..as a liberal I am still offended by Michael Moore releasing this type of film when our troops are still in harms way...I think it sends the wrong message. I think it's unfair to demoralize the moral of the troops at a time of war....history will ultimately judge whether we did the right thing in Iraq....why can't we atleast wait to our brave men and women are safe at home before we attack the policies that sent them there.
17th May 2004 04:38 PM
LadyJane All I can say is I made myself watch the vicious execution of Nicholas Berg. It made me physically ill, but I had to watch it.

I cannot put into the words the anger I felt towards those cowardly hooded freaks.

Barbaric is too good of a word. These extremists are truly EVIL, hate us and must be stopped.

And I define "us" as anyone who is not of the Muslim faith. This is not just about America.

LJ.
17th May 2004 04:51 PM
Riffhard Your not kidding Josh! That guy is a complete hypocritical tub of shit! Imagine if he tried to make that kind of film in North Korea,Saddam's Iraq,Iran,Syria,Suddan. He would be publicly put to death.

He's the worst of the lot when it comes to the "blame America first" crowd. Yet,he enjoys the freedoms and the cash that this country provides him. It must be nice to make a fat living by looking the gift horse in the mouth and shitting down the throat of your own country. Fuck him.

Obligatory Stones content-The Stones rock you bastards! 2005 is gonna be the shinizzle my dizzle fizzle. (Whatever the hell that means!)

Riffhard
17th May 2004 05:01 PM
FPM C10 [quote]Riffhard wrote:
I can't see it either.

I'll see if I can email it to Voodoo to post - it still shows up on mine. It's stored at a picture site I use for eBay.

>I have in fact met both FPM and SS at the Celebration of the Blimp,and both are very cool cats. I am on the Republican side of the aisle though and I don't think that that makes me a "fascist pig" anymore than it makes these two lefties "commie bastards".

Exactly how I feel, my Blimp Brother. By the way, I have video of that auspicious day - of course I also have video of the C10 in '01 that I haven't finished editing yet...

>If you don't like Bush fine by me.

Whew!

>I personally have a bunch bigger problem with Islamic assholes that want all of us dead. At least Bush sees the threat as a real and present danger. The same cannot be said about Kerry,who continually harps on the fact that he was in Nam for all of four fucking months. Join us here in the 21st century Johnboy.

Both men know that Islamic fundamentalists are a threat. I think the reason Kerry's war record is a valid issue is that someone who DIDN'T use his family influence to spend the Vietnam era drinking grain punch at frat parties might not be as quick to commit troops to an absolutely untenable military and political position.

>Go to any Islamic website and see what they are posting on them. Wake up and smell the global jihad my friends. They are an evil lot and they want you dead. Democrat or Republican it does not matter. If your not putting yourself in a prone position towards Mecca three times a day then you and your family must be killed.

Yes, the most radical elements of Islam certainly do want you and me both dead. I think the rest of the Muslims just want us to get the hell out of their part of the world. And (here's the closest I get to tree-hugging) if we had developed alternate energy sources in the 70s maybe we wouldn't NEED to be over there.

>If you choose to think that it's Bush's fault that these radical freaks think this way then you are dilusional.

I don't think that - I just think that everything he's done since 9/11 has made things much worse. Putting 150,000 Americans in the middle of Iraq did nothing to fight terrorism, except that the terrorists can kill Americans THERE instead of coming over here to do it.

>Let's not forget all the "acts of war" that they committed during the Clinton admin. He was to busy seducing a twenty one year old and soddomizing her with cigars to notice I guess.

Oh hell, he wasn't sodomizing (or Saddamizing?) her with the cigar. That would be SICK! He was just diddling her!

I'll take a womanizing Rhodes scholar with a photographic memory over a dimwitted born-again frat boy any day. I'd rather have Clinton in office than Kerry, to tell you the truth, but I would take Don Knotts over George Bush.

>However,I could still sit down and quaff a few frothy pints of Guinness with these two commie bastards while cranking the Stones! Because their my friends that's why!

Exactly. And it's not like SS and I have identical views on everything - if you recall he was in favor of the war, but when it became obvious that we'd been lied to he changed his mind. SS is a fiercely independent thinker, and certainly can't be considered a lefty. He just hates bullshit.

It's always a mistake to lump people together - for instance, I would never lump you with Telecaster. I would be happy to drink another Guinness with you anyday.

17th May 2004 05:05 PM
parmeda Flea! I can't see it either!!!
It's a conspiracy?

Say it ain't so...
And fix the fuckin' thing!
17th May 2004 05:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
It's funny..as a liberal I am still offended by Michael Moore releasing this type of film when our troops are still in harms way...I think it sends the wrong message. I think it's unfair to demoralize the moral of the troops at a time of war....history will ultimately judge whether we did the right thing in Iraq....why can't we at least wait to our brave men and women are safe at home before we attack the policies that sent them there.

Most wars produce dissedents. I never liked Moore that much anyhow, but censorship isn't the answer either. I just don't understand the fact that according to the US Constitution only congress can declare war. Since WW2 the President commits troops anywhere he wants. It seems to me the systemof checks and balances has broken down.

17th May 2004 05:14 PM
Riffhard "I would be happy to drink another Guinness with you anyday."

2005 will be here soon enough my friend! We shall hoisting many of pints then Monkey Man! If you and SS make it the Press Conference I'll see you guys there for sure!

Don Knotts! LOL!

Riffhard

17th May 2004 05:25 PM
throbby Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I just don't understand the fact that according to the US Constitution only congress can declare war. Since WW2 the President commits troops anywhere he wants. It seems to me the system of checks and balances has broken down.

Funny, you seldom, if ever, hear that mentioned in the press.
We would all do well to read up on the constitution, as would those in office sworn to uphold it.
17th May 2004 06:02 PM
Martha I cannot see the photo either. And this is a photo I MUST see!

"My pockets are loaded and I'm spending every dime....
How can you say you love somebody else, when you KNOW it was ME all the time?!"
17th May 2004 06:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I could see it but can't now. Just that little x.
17th May 2004 06:11 PM
glencar I have no problem with political threads; I jump on them right away myself. But how the hell did a thread about us become so distorted so quickly? There are much better places of that stuff. There are only a couple of people here I wouldn't break bread/Guinness with put their heads are so far up their asses that they'll never know.
17th May 2004 06:12 PM
glencar I can't see the photo either.
17th May 2004 06:27 PM
Joey I can't see the pic either dammit!
17th May 2004 06:31 PM
Riffhard Blue ,I think the thread kinda got highjacked because FPM made a joke about Repubs not being able to see the posted picture. That immediatley veered the conversation towards a political angle. That said,you should have joined SS,FPM,and myself for pints after the PC at Van Cortland Park on beautiful blimp day!

Riffhard
17th May 2004 06:35 PM
glencar Riff, I have few regrets in life & that's one of them. It was a beautiful day in the Bronx. If they announce in the Big Apple again, I will make sure I take the whole day off this time.
17th May 2004 08:21 PM
gypsy Thanks for those kind words, SS.

Yep, LJ, I'm with you. I think we should nuke 'em all. All the fuckin' muslims. I know it sounds harsh...but that's how I feel.
17th May 2004 08:23 PM
parmeda Okay, Flea...is there a secret password and you're not sharing?
(...still can't see the damn thing!)

With my rotten luck, my wand broke as of yesterday...and rubbing a lamp hasn't been of any help either.

I will be patient, lol
17th May 2004 09:04 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yep, LJ, I'm with you. I think we should nuke 'em all. All the fuckin' muslims. I know it sounds harsh...but that's how I feel.

I wouldn't go that far, gyps.

Our problem is not with the ALL Muslims...the extremists who favor Jihad are the enemy.

But I gotta tell ya...my FIRST thought after watching that video..."Nuke the entire region."

Pam..I can't see the damn pic either. I was able to view it earlier. Hopefully, Flea will e-mail this gem to Voodoo.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12