ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Good night... sleep tide ;)
© Unkown Author but with thanks to Irina!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Show Us Yer Faces Redux Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
27th May 2004 03:37 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

lol!

whatcha ya talkin' bout willis ?

I would much rather get a rise out of Throbby than you or Some Guy...

In fact - the thought gives me nightmares...

27th May 2004 03:43 PM
not bound to please
quote:
glencar wrote:

Tell us all about the great debates, Dandy. Those were the days!

Yes glencar - those where the days. Grand post modern opera. Which makes me think I should break my promise to you and contact Stormy and try to lure him back...

27th May 2004 04:00 PM
glencar N-n-n-noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th May 2004 04:04 PM
not bound to please [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:
Mick, Keith (and Bowie) ventriloquism:

http://www.artbabyart.com/carla_rhodes/[quote]

Thanks! I'll be sure to be in the most wasted state to

[quote]Gotta go along with the Throbby take on the Monkey Woman thing myself, B2P. I've seen you antagonize people needlessly in the past and this struck me as an arbitrary choice at best. If MW flamed you it may have been because your past antics precede you. [quote]

No - it's because she can't back up what she says.

[quote]Like SS said about JB and Joey, aren't you after a certain amount of that sort of thing if you post outside your normal perameters? [quote]

Certainly I am into stirring shit. Been doing it longer than Josh and Joey actually. Maxy was one of my flaming foes in the early days - and he was around even longer...

Don't take any feigned outrage as being other than melodramatics...

[quote]Anyway, I've found Monkey Woman to be a friendly and sweet member of the Rocks Off community [quote]

No she isn't! And she smells bad!

[quote]and not the usual redneck or borderline loony bleeding fish in the water personalities you usually tease. [quote]

Where the hell are they? I can't make myself delve deep enough to get a Stonesdoug's board persona yet. I ain't THAT bent...

[quote]Keep it up with bloozehound, though. I think it gets him hot.[quote]

I know! It's CREEPY!

[quote]I do disagree with Throbby on a few key issues -- criticism is an essential part of a creative product getting issued to the public. If someone's observations have come from genuine confrontation with the material placed before them and are expressed with wit, they can make for pretty interesting reading, and can certainly illuminate a number of issues - maybe even some not directly pertaining to the subject at hand. [quote]

Honestly - I was a bigger fan of vintage 70's Cream magazines as a tike than I was of the whole genre as it was, back in the day.

[quote]To a certain extent it's the Stones own image making that's led to many fans feeling let down by their current attitudes. There was one time when they gave the impression that there were more important things in life than money (although money was always important to the Stones and that's an important lesson the Stones can teach),[quote]

Right - they were far more complex than the hippie dippy Beatles for instance...more REAL and honest.

[quote] but at this point they've convinced a sizeable portion of even their own audience that money is all they care about, to the point that even if they DO care about something besides it, it's hard not to see the calculating profiteer behind even genuine motivations. [quote]

And the surrounding sideshow is quite sad now - not the great eccentrics they originally surrounded themselves with. These were the guys who at one time had the Maysles Bros and Robert Frank record them - ---- and now they have some indistinct, inconsequential dv schlock product document their memento mori vanity cash grab 4 flicks.

.... more next...

27th May 2004 04:12 PM
Joey " No she isn't! And she smells bad! "

...........quit talking about my Ass !
27th May 2004 04:15 PM
jb
27th May 2004 04:16 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:
" No she isn't! And she smells bad! "

...........quit talking about my Ass !

Your ass is French?

Okay - I gotta go until later...then I'll finish my response...and check out the puppets!!!!!!

Cakey!!!

27th May 2004 04:18 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I would much rather get a rise out of Throbby than you or Some Guy...

In fact - the thought gives me nightmares...

I prefered the james brown/chaquita laquita phase myself

Hot Pants!!!
27th May 2004 06:08 PM
Joey

" Okay - I gotta go until later...then I'll finish my response...and check out the puppets!!!!!! "

Lambies ....................I's need's me's U- U- U- U- Uncaking !

28th May 2004 09:41 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Okay - I gotta go until later...then I'll finish my response...and check out the puppets!!!!!! "

Lambies ....................I's need's me's U- U- U- U- Uncaking !

Joey - you've become more shaply since I saw you last!

28th May 2004 09:44 AM
Joey
quote:

Joey - you've become more shaply since I saw you last!

Ball-ates
28th May 2004 10:14 AM
not bound to please [quote]Nasty Habits wrote:[quote]
I do disagree with Throbby on a few key issues -- criticism is an essential part of a creative product getting issued to the public. [quote]

It's also an essential part of the process of it being made. Most GOOD artists are their own harshest critics. For every decision there are other possibilities that are abandoned. As a work is coming along - one would hope the artist is viewing it, hearing it, whatever - and self CRITIQUING it. Let alone hearing feedback from friends and other artists. One who doesn't do these things is probably bound to ultimately fail, no matter how much native talent is fueling the drive. There is a balance - and good art is often not made by the completely self indulgent. It may even be a sort of unconscious critic wandering around the head.

[quote]The bottom line is they don't need any more money. I don't care what anyone says. They DON'T NEED ANY MORE MONEY. [quote]

Right. That was my point about the Clapton bs excuse Throbby quoted, or rather paraphrased.

[quote]So if you're doing something to get something you don't need any more of, then why are you doing it?[quote]

Back to the earlier point of it being a dead medium, hollow form.

But they are doing it for some reason. I would think investments with that sort of capital would be just as profitable - and much less work.

[quote]Just because you want it. I call that getting what you want but not getting what you need. [quote]

Perhaps that is all the general level of fan AND the fanatic (there is a big difference) following out there needs. Perhaps they don't need anything except the entertainment aspects and the connection to their pasts or the past, depending upon age (the fans); and something to live vicariously through (the fanatics - I've heard them say things like "we're on tour" - which I find quite telling. )

[quote]Mick Jagger is a man with a tremendous ego, but he's also one of the least respected "elder statesmen" of rock and roll on the planet. His "cred" has fallen BADLY in the last decade, while Keef's has risen past his contributions and current ability to perform. [quote]

They are more interesting as a soap opera than artists. Actually - no they aren't.

28th May 2004 10:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
They are more interesting as a soap opera than artists. Actually - no they aren't.

Well yes and no. Taking things too seriously is bad for ones brain. I watched Days for the first time in weeks yesterday. What's up with that Island? I didn't see that one coming. I thought those actors quit or got fired. Now if they'd only bring back the REAL Stefano.
28th May 2004 10:26 AM
Joey
quote:

Perhaps that is all the general level of fan AND the fanatic (there is a big difference) following out there needs. Perhaps they don't need anything except the entertainment aspects and the connection to their pasts or the past, depending upon age (the fans); and something to live vicariously through (the fanatics - I've heard them say things like "we're on tour" - which I find quite telling. )

[quote]Mick Jagger is a man with a tremendous ego, but he's also one of the least respected "elder statesmen" of rock and roll on the planet. His "cred" has fallen BADLY in the last decade, while Keef's has risen past his contributions and current ability to perform. [quote]

Chatty today aren't we ?!?!?!?!

...and on a Holiday Weekend no less -- I's likes thats

Bercey Jercey Joekin

28th May 2004 10:30 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well yes and no. Taking things too seriously is bad for ones brain. I watched Days for the first time in weeks yesterday. What's up with that Island? I didn't see that one coming. I thought those actors quit or got fired. Now if they'd only bring back the REAL Stefano.

I mean - the only interest seems to be in the soap opera aspect - and that's not too interesting! They need to get the guy writing for Days to write their public lives...

Yeah - I like the island. There are rumors that they may be bringing Patch back and other dead from the past. You missed the coffin rapidly desending through the earth, after a little white rabbit hopped around up top. This was shortly after Sami jumped on top of it and insisted they open it because she heard Marela calling out from inside...

28th May 2004 10:31 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Chatty today aren't we ?!?!?!?!

...and on a Holiday Weekend no less -- I's likes thats

Bercey Jercey Joekin

I'm having black bean and kale soup for breakfast as we speak...

28th May 2004 10:57 AM
Joey
quote:

I'm having black bean and kale soup for breakfast as we speak...

28th May 2004 11:17 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Take a can of soup broth, add black beans, kale, onion, and tomato.

I had warmed up shrimp scampi yesterday.

28th May 2004 11:40 AM
Joey
quote:

Take a can of soup broth, add black beans, kale, onion, and tomato.

I had warmed up shrimp scampi yesterday.

28th May 2004 12:37 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
jb wrote:

28th May 2004 01:04 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Scampi warms up pretty good in the microwave if you don't leave it in too long.

29th May 2004 03:15 AM
fmk438j
Last time it didn't let me link, so I'll just give the addresses...

Walking through rain for 12km with 2 kilos of mud stuck to each boot.

http://www.pbase.com/image/29492083/large

Same place, much drier.

http://www.pbase.com/image/29492107

cheers,

29th May 2004 05:30 AM
luxury1 fmk--you are so young!! What great pics--where are you, by the way??
29th May 2004 05:51 AM
fmk438j
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
fmk--you are so young!! What great pics--where are you, by the way??

Thanks!

Yes, I look 17, and am 23

Those pics are from southwest Queensland, Australia (in otherwords, in the middle of nowwhere), two and a half days drive from where I live (near Sydney).

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12