ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Werchter Park - Werchter. Belgium - 5th June 2007
© Benoit Doppagne with very special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: News about the tarps????? Return to archive
30th May 2007 04:52 PM
Saint Sway 7 days from the opening act !!!!
Any news and/or pics about the tarps???
30th May 2007 04:58 PM
twicks1 You like the Stones, right?

I just want to check and make sure.
30th May 2007 05:02 PM
Some Guy It's the morning of memorial day and i'm waiting to be seated at this local deli down the street from my house.The place is mobbed and as i look to my left i notice the guy in front of me with his baseball cap pulled down low standing with his son.I do a double take and realize its Alex!"I said,excuse me but are you Alex?"He smiles and says yes,and then i say i''ve been a fan for 25 years.He says thank you and then i ask him,what is the status of the reunion?Alex says,well everything is shaping up to go later this year.Is Dave still in i ask?He says absolutely!We had to put everything off because of Ed's health.If we would've tried to tour with Ed in the shape he was in,he might have died.
So i say something like,thank God!!!I was afraid that personal issues had come up again and you had once again had a falling out with Dave.Alex then goes on to say that things with Dave have never been better.He's been 100% supportive of Ed and very understanding of the situation.I go on about how great the band was with Dave and how it was the Beatles of my generation,blah,blah...[i was star struck]He thanks me again and around this time the hostess come to seat him so he shakes my hand and goes to the back of the restaraunt.
Now my head is spinning!!! I'm thinking about what i wanted to ask that i didnt.Then i realize,i forgot to ask about Mike Anthony!So as luck would have it,this place is not a fancy,formal eatery.You dont pay the waitress when you get your check,you go up to the cashier.After him and his son were done eating and he goes up to pay his check and leave,i cornered him again.[lol]
Btw-the guy was so friendly and cool to me i didnt think twice about bugging him.I said,one last question Alex?So he smiles and says sure."Is Mike in or out?" He says,Mike is out!Mike is with Sammy and as much as i like Sammy,he's very calculating.There's personal issues with Mike as well and we will never get on stage with the guy again.
So there you have it folks,i tried to get as much info as possible.Dave's in,Mike's out and the tour is on..........
30th May 2007 05:27 PM
Nellcote Thanks alot, WALDO!
30th May 2007 05:33 PM
Saint Sway It's the morning of memorial day and i'm waiting to be seated at this local deli down the street from my house.The place is mobbed and as i look to my left i notice the guy in front of me with his baseball cap pulled down low standing with his son. The waiter says "excuse buddy but can I take your order?" He smiles and then i say "hey, arent you David Lee Roth?"
30th May 2007 05:44 PM
mojoman alex lifeson?
30th May 2007 05:45 PM
mojoman tarp.com
30th May 2007 06:02 PM
Some Guy tarpage.
30th May 2007 07:19 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
7 days from the opening act !!!!
Any news and/or pics about the tarps???

"With just days to go before the Rolling Stones tour Europe with the Best Buy Bang Tour, Michael Cohl has announced further innovations in rock and roll touring that will continue to propel the World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band into forefront of cutting edge Stadium Touring with . . . SCREEN TARPS! Those aren't covers for empty seats you're seeing, they're actual screens designed to bring you even further into the band experience! Giant onstage screen too far away for you to appreciate the glory of its pixellations? Now you can TURN AROUND and stare at the Stones onscreen as they surround you in sensory sensation! And as if that weren't enough, for a mere 70% of ticket price you can experience the new behind-tarp seating! Behind tarp seating allows people without the required funds to be in the same room as the Rolling Stones and to get to hear the concert, but without seeing the band. 'We want to make sure we get every last dollar we can out of this go-round,' said the Rolling Stones, 'and behind tarp seating even allows us to milk the nearly broke, who formerly were excluded from the experience of being in the same room as us.'"
30th May 2007 07:33 PM
Michael Cohl "Tarps"

Hey baby

Every band has the same come on: "I'll sell you a seat,
I'll take you a million miles from the stage,
Put you in the nosebleeds."
Come on

Have you ever heard those opening chords?
"You should leave this small town way behind
I'll be your partner, show you the steps
With me behind, you're tasting of the sweet wine of success"

Cause I'll take you to the Tarps, baby
I'll take you to the Tarp

Step on the ladder, onstage seats are cool.
"You're such a natural, you don't need no tarping school.
Don't need no papered house, I'll put your Visa in the red.
But never, never, never let empty seats go to your pretty head"

Cause I'll take you to the Tarp, baby
I swear we'll never going to stop

"Don't let the hot seat package pass you by"

"You better buy onstage seats now, baby
Or be sorry for the rest of your sweet loving life, baby"
Oh, sugar

Hey sugar, I'll take you to the Tarp
I'll take you to the Tarp (sugar) "

30th May 2007 07:42 PM
mrhipfl genius, cohl.
30th May 2007 07:47 PM
Nasty Habits Actually, I'm pretty sure the proper term w/i Stonescohl™ is "intimacy enhancement drapery" (IED).

30th May 2007 11:27 PM
Michael Cohl
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure the proper term w/i Stonescohl™ is "intimacy enhancement drapery" (IED).

I like the way you think, there might be a job opening on Team Cohl for you and it pays very well. If you're interested, meet me at the crossroads just around midnight.
30th May 2007 11:43 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Michael Cohl wrote:

I like the way you think, there might be a job opening on Team Cohl for you and it pays very well. If you're interested, meet me at the crossroads just around midnight.

31st May 2007 12:12 AM
Michael Cohl I provide a service and the fans love me for it.

And I love the fans. It's a win / win situation.
31st May 2007 12:42 AM
stonedinaustralia

best thread ever!!

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
31st May 2007 09:39 AM
Nasty Habits from Do Tarps Spell Taps for the Stones? by Auntie DeRotgluteus (WIRE)

". . . I'm fahhkin' sick of heaw-ing abow' these stupit tarps, awright?" Said the Rolling Stones. "To tell you the troof it's a sonic solution, noh a vizzyouall one . . . if you play to a bunch of empty seats it is verray hard to control the acoustics - the soun' scattuhs an' broiks up on olla tha' plastic an' concrete. Ronnie can't hear 'imself a' toll. Sound is the most impor'ant part of a Stones show, and the tarps are scieontificolly desoigned to reduce echo an' make a stadium soun' loik a theahtah. I sweah, some people annohloize rock an' row to the point of bloody stupidity . . . "
31st May 2007 11:37 AM
Saint Sway there some serious "Platinum Legacy Hot Seat Membership" posting going on in this thread!!! Nice job
31st May 2007 12:41 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
there some serious "Platinum Legacy Hot Seat Membership" posting going on in this thread!!! Nice job

"Platinum Legacy Tarp Membership"
31st May 2007 05:19 PM
Some Guy top notch postin up in dis bitch.
31st May 2007 06:30 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
from Do Tarps Spell Taps for the Stones? by Auntie DeRotgluteus (WIRE)

". . . I'm fahhkin' sick of heaw-ing abow' these stupit tarps, awright?" Said the Rolling Stones. "To tell you the troof it's a sonic solution, noh a vizzyouall one . . . if you play to a bunch of empty seats it is verray hard to control the acoustics - the soun' scattuhs an' broiks up on olla tha' plastic an' concrete. Ronnie can't hear 'imself a' toll. Sound is the most impor'ant part of a Stones show, and the tarps are scieontificolly desoigned to reduce echo an' make a stadium soun' loik a theahtah. I sweah, some people annohloize rock an' row to the point of bloody stupidity . . . "

Oh shit! I damn near peed myself reading that. In fact, gimme a tarp...post haste!
31st May 2007 08:15 PM
stonedinaustralia question/request

are the tarps suitably painted up or do they hang there in industrial mono-tone

any one have any pics of said tarps in use

thanks in advance
31st May 2007 11:02 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
question/request

thanks in advance

By the time they got to Soldier Field on October 11, 2006 the tarps covering the upper decks actually had the tongue logo on them (or maybe it was Giants Stadium on September 27th...one or the other, I forget which).

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
1st June 2007 12:31 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
question/request

thanks in advance

The tarp baby, he don't say nothin'
and bre'r Cohl, he lay low . . .

1st June 2007 10:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
question/request

thanks in advance

1st June 2007 10:49 AM
Nellcote I am surprised Ultrastar has not authorized Stones tarpage for sale on the web site. Could be used for tailgate gigs, modified for pool covers, temporary covering for roof installations, backdrop for rock events, the list is endless!
1st June 2007 01:33 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I am surprised Ultrastar has not authorized Stones tarpage for sale on the web site. Could be used for tailgate gigs, modified for pool covers, temporary covering for roof installations, backdrop for rock events, the list is endless!

Actually...not a bad idea...I would even say it is a kinda cool idea...get your house fumigated...w/ a big tongue in the front...I like it!!!
1st June 2007 01:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

Actually...not a bad idea...I would even say it is a kinda cool idea...get your house fumigated...w/ a big tongue in the front...I like it!!!

Legacy code required for presale of fumigation tarps (comes with a fan dvd sometime within the membership term)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)