ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Werchter Park - Werchter. Belgium - 5th June 2007
© Benoit Doppagne with very special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bang on Best Buy tracklist Return to archive
30th May 2007 06:06 AM
Daethgod http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat120600050011&type=category&ref=36&loc=35

Disc 1: Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

Opening (intro)
1.You Got Me Rocking
2. Let's Spend The Night Together
3. She's So Cold
4. Oh No, Not You Again
5. Sway
6. Bob Wills Is Still The King
7. Streets Of Love
8. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
9. Tumbling Dice
10. Learning The Game
11. Little T&A
12. Under My Thumb
13. Get Off My Cloud
14. Honky Tonk Women
15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Jumpin' Jack Flash
17. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
18. Brown Sugar

Bonus Features:
1. Austin Mini-Documentary
2. “I Can't Be Satisfied” from Milan, Italy
3. Jukebox Feature

Disc 2: Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Opening (intro)
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock 'n Roll
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Wild Horses
5. Rain Fall Down
6. Midnight Rambler
7. Night Time Is The Right Time
8. Happy
9. Miss You
10. Rough Justice
11. Get Off My Cloud
12. Honky Tonk Women
13. Start Me Up
14. Brown Sugar
15. You Can't Always Get What You Want
16. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Bonus Feature: Rio de Janeiro Documentary

Disc 3: Rest Of The World
Saitama Super Arena, Saitama, Japan

Opening (intro)
1. Let's Spend The Night Together
Sapporo (segue)
2. Rain Fall Down
Tokyo Dome (segue)
3. Rough Justice
Cherry Blossoms (segue)

Shanghai Grand Stage, Shanghai, China

Opening (intro)
1. Bitch
2. Midnight Rambler
3. Gimme Shelter
4. This Place Is Empty
That's What I Do (segue)
5. It's Only Rock 'n Roll
China, A Slow Process (segue)

River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Opening (intro)
1. Worried About You
Football Chant (segue)
2. Happy
3. Miss You
Ronnie & Audience (segue)
4. Paint It Black
5. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Featurettes:
1. Bonnie Raitt featurette “Shine A Light”
2. Eddie Vedder featurette “Wild Horses”
3. Dave Matthews featurette “Let It Bleed”

Duets:
1. “Shine A Light” featuring Bonnie Raitt
2. “Wild Horses” featuring Eddie Vedder
3. “Let It Bleed” featuring Dave Matthews
4. “Wild Horses” featuring Cui Jian

Jukebox Feature

Disc-4
Salt Of The Earth A Bigger Bang Tour Documentary

Bonus Songs:
1. “Get Up, Stand Up”
2. “Mr. Pitiful”

Bonus Features:
1. If It Ain't Got That Swing featuring Charlie Watts
2. “Hurricane” featuring Keith Richards
3. Outlets Of Emotion featuring Ron Wood
4. Busking featuring Mick Jagger

30th May 2007 07:09 AM
Jumacfly Ciu Jan is in but sadly no Sai Wong!
30th May 2007 08:02 AM
Gazza The documentaries and featurettes look to be some of the more interesting features.

Music content-wise, unlike the Licks boxed-set, theres going to be more overlapping of songs as the shows offered less variety of content so I'm not sure the multi disc concept works as effectively. I can live without another 3 officially released versions of 'Satisfaction', I have to admit.

Still - bring it on.
30th May 2007 08:53 AM
gimmekeef Busking with Mick?....WTF......
30th May 2007 09:02 AM
patioaintdry Trying not to be negative here, but . . . two(2) versions of You Got me Rocking?

Must think positive
Must think positive
Must think positive

30th May 2007 09:03 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Busking with Mick?....WTF......

When you've got a day off or your bandmate falls out of a tree, sometimes a musician must play on street corners to turn a few quid . . .
30th May 2007 09:11 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
patioaintdry wrote:
Trying not to be negative here, but . . . two(2) versions of You Got me Rocking?

Must think positive
Must think positive
Must think positive

LOL same here, this song is my summer nightmare and will probably spoil my Lyon show...
30th May 2007 10:35 AM
mmdog
Sounds good. Surprised to see the Rio Start Me Up over the Austin version. The Isle of Wright clip on Youtube was from Austin, and it looked to be from the DVD. Jagger got a little lost in the Rio version
30th May 2007 10:43 AM
GotToRollMe Oops, didn't see this thread. Here's the Biggest Bang press release issued by Best Buy this morning:

Press Release Source: Best Buy Co., Inc.; Best Buy Canada Ltd.

Best Buy Brings The Biggest Bang to Life for Rolling Stones Fans
Wednesday May 30, 9:00 am ET

Four-DVD Set Offers Music Lovers Seven Hours of Concert Footage and New Music

BURNABY, BC, May 30 /CNW/ - The best selling concert tour of all time, A Bigger Bang, is coming to living rooms across the country as one of the most ambitious music DVD sets in history. The Rolling Stones and Best Buy are joining forces to release, The Biggest Bang, a four-DVD set featuring seven hours of content including two full length concerts, two behind-the-scenes documentaries and classic favorites such as, "Honky Tonk Women," "Sympathy for the Devil," and "Satisfaction."

The Biggest Bang will be available starting June 12 for $34.99 at all Best Buy stores in Canada and online at www.BestBuy.ca. Customers can pre-order the four DVD set at www.BestBuy.ca beginning today.

The Biggest Bang will be released internationally mid-summer.

The Biggest Bang offers fans an all access pass including a behind-the-scenes look from the Rolling Stones' recent tour, A Bigger Bang - the biggest selling concert tour of all time. Additionally, the DVD set features full length concerts from the Rolling Stones historic show on Rio de Janeiro's famed Copacabana Beach, which was attended by two million concert goers, and a concert in Austin, Texas - a highlight of the U.S. tour.

"The Biggest Bang DVD set lets fans join us as we traveled around the world," said the Rolling Stones. "They will go behind the scenes at the Super Bowl, see us play an intimate club show in Toronto and for 2 million people on the beach in Rio, as well as gigs in Shanghai, Buenos Aires and Japan. It features classics but also rarities - songs we've never released before on DVD."

The Biggest Bang is loaded with rare songs and music. It includes exciting never-before-released duets with artists including Dave Matthews, Bonnie Raitt and Eddie Vedder. There are also rare, never-released tracks including "Get Up, Stand Up" and "Mr. Pitiful," from a 2005 performance in Toronto. The Biggest Bang features more than 55 songs and footage from around the world, including concerts in Argentina, Japan and China.

"Four Flicks was great, but practice makes perfect and The Biggest Bang is even better - it's got all the right stuff," said tour promoter Michael Cohl. "It's great to be back with Best Buy, and we're pleased that they have decided to offer fans this incredible DVD collection at a great low price."

This marks the second time that Best Buy has worked with the Rolling Stones to release this kind of DVD set. In 2003, Best Buy released Four Flicks, a four-DVD set from the Rolling Stones that was certified 19-times platinum and is the number one selling concert (long form) DVD in U.S. history.

"We're excited to bring our customers this incredible DVD set giving fans an up close and personal look at the Rolling Stones and showcasing some of their most dynamic performances," said Mike Pratt, Best Buy Canada's Senior Vice President. "This partnership reinforces our continued commitment to bring unique entertainment into the homes of our customers. The Biggest Bang is truly a world class entertainment experience, and we are honored to be a part of this DVD launch."

The Biggest Bang was produced, conceived and created by The Rolling Stones, Michael Cohl, and Concert Productions International.

Link: http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/070530/bes..._bang.html?.v=1

30th May 2007 10:59 AM
Jerry in Boston I'm looking forward to it but I admit I'm disappointed that "As Tears Go By" seems to have been missed out.
30th May 2007 11:01 AM
Saint Sway cheez-n-crackers!!! They couldnt of just buried the Cia Juan duet??? They had to release it???
30th May 2007 11:13 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Music content-wise, unlike the Licks boxed-set, theres going to be more overlapping of songs as the shows offered less variety of content so I'm not sure the multi disc concept works as effectively.

the disc they dropped the ball on is Disc 3...

I understand that theres going to be song overlaps with Austin & Rio, but on Disc 3 where they do the 'best of the rest of the world' they could of hand picked songs that werent on the previous two shows. There should be no repeats on Disc 3!!!!

I'm honestly convinced that these old fucktards actually think we want to hear Satisfaction and Miss You OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again
30th May 2007 12:01 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Press Release Source: Best Buy Co., Inc.; Best Buy Canada Ltd.

"The Biggest Bang DVD set lets fans join us as we traveled around the world," said the Rolling Stones. "They will go behind the scenes at the Super Bowl, see us play an intimate club show in Toronto and for 2 million people on the beach in Rio, as well as gigs in Shanghai, Buenos Aires and Japan. It features classics but also rarities - songs we've never released before on DVD."

I picture them all sitting hypnotized in front of the press corps, chanting this in perfect unison, with Cohl's hand up their asses . . .

"My name is Wolling Stones, biwwonaire . . . I own a mansion and a yacht . . ."

30th May 2007 06:21 PM
mmdog
On the iorr.org page, somebody has a link to the [www.futureshop.ca]# page. Disc 4 s actually pretty loaded. Get Up Stand Up and Mr. Pitiful are from the Toronto club gig. There's also some bonus tunes from the past few tours.

Salt of the Earth and Little Red Rooster from A.C. '89
No Expectations from Cleveland 94
Let It Bleed from MSG1 2003

Those all featured special guests. I would guess the Lenny Kravitz '94 duet is pretty rare, the Hubert Sumlin probably not, and the '89 PPV stuff surely not. Still pretty cool.

30th May 2007 06:26 PM
mrhipfl you can now buy individual DVDs on ebay for 29.99, the same price as in best buy. The seller has 99.7% positive feedback. I just bought my copy and am stoked to see it.
31st May 2007 07:17 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
patioaintdry wrote:
Trying not to be negative here, but . . . two(2) versions of You Got me Rocking?

Must think positive
Must think positive
Must think positive

Do you prefer 3 versions of Satisfaction...????
31st May 2007 07:20 PM
fireontheplatter this sounds pretty good to me...i got a feeling i'll be busting out the ol cc.

everybody say ow
31st May 2007 07:22 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Busking with Mick?....WTF......

From Wiki:

Busking is the practice of doing live performances in public places to entertain people, usually to solicit donations and tips. Those engaging in this practice are called buskers. Busking is a British term used in many areas of the English-speaking world. In the United States they are more often called street performers or street musicians.

31st May 2007 07:36 PM
gimmekeef Busking?..then bring back Sugar Blue.....We could drop..oh sayyy.......Bernard/Blondie....The extra horns besides Bobby and Tinkerchuck....
1st June 2007 07:42 AM
corgi37 At least there is reference to international markets, so Daeth & i had better keep our lovely eyes open.

Is the Austin show edited? Shouldnt there be more songs?
1st June 2007 08:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Is the Austin show edited? Shouldnt there be more songs?

Yes and yes.

As far as I'm aware, the Stones have NEVER released a show on video or DVD without some songs from the performance being omitted

All the PPV shows that were broadcast in full and then later oficially released were done so in edited form (maybe even an hour left out in some cases) and all three of the shows featured on Four Flicks had songs left out too
1st June 2007 08:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL I recently posted this picture in the "Joey?" thread and asked if that was Joey busking for booze

1st June 2007 10:30 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

Eddie or Homeless??
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)